User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: How do you unload your buggy, watch ur prices and price match at the same time????

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My protégé did her biggest shop today at SOF - and as exciting we all know it can be it is also unnerving even for the experienced!!!

She brought up an excellent question which could help us all with the stress level at the till!!! How can you unload your cart, watch ur prices, rifle thru flyers to price match and in SOF case you are also stacking which is organized but when all thrown together yikes?????

Asking for your suggestions on the price matching issue??

I was going to suggest having a 2nd person with you who does the unloading while you do the rest but if not available - hmmmm!!!

Looking forward to your ideas - thanks!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods
    MillieH and Shirnette like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I like to bring a second person with me as well, I make sure to get in a line so I have time to load the belt how I would like it.
    Patty Smyth and MillieH like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just make sure I'm organized before I get to the till. When unloading I put the flyer I'm PMing with the product and then the cashier is always good to ask what I'm Pming etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Yup, I organize the cart, the flyers and the coupons before I get to the till, then if its a big shop I will actually make sure to choose a line with at least one person in front of me so I have time to load onto the belt as the cashier deals with the customer ahead of me.
    uanoor, Gazpache, MillieH and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Like others, I organize first.

Even when I'm shopping, I'll group things I'm PMing in my cart, and put the flyer with them. I go through my coupons and make sure the ones I'm going to use are ready to go.

When I get to the till, I unload the things I'm not PMing first, as the cashier usually starts scanning before I get everything out. When I'm putting my PM items on the belt, I put the flyer on top of them so the cashier knows they are being PMed. And I usually organize my coupons so I'm handing them to the cashier with the products.

The one thing I'm not good at is keeping an eye on the items being rung in before I PM. It definitely helps having a second person there to help though!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I'm usually pretty organized. If there is no one in front of me and the cashier is waiting I politely ask if she can wait to start ringing things in as I am PM and have coupons. I make sure the items for each flyer are grouped together on the belt with the right flyer and a small gap in between groupings. I have all the non-priced match items at the end. I just like it that way better. I try to paperclip each group of coupons I will be using by store flyer the items are in. I try to ask if they want coupons as they scan the items or at the end. Each cashier tends to have a way they like it better and if I ask before we start there is no searching for a bagged item to make sure it was the item the coupon was for. Having a second person on a large shop is always a great idea.
    MillieH and Shirnette like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post

Even when I'm shopping, I'll group things I'm PMing in my cart, and put the flyer with them. I go through my coupons and make sure the ones I'm going to use are ready to go.

When I get to the till, I unload the things I'm not PMing first, as the cashier usually starts scanning before I get everything out. When I'm putting my PM items on the belt, I put the flyer on top of them so the cashier knows they are being PMed. And I usually organize my coupons so I'm handing them to the cashier with the products.

The one thing I'm not good at is keeping an eye on the items being rung in before I PM. It definitely helps having a second person there to help though!

Me too. I also put coupons on top of the product as apposed to at the end saving time so the cashier isnt rummaging through bags

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I also organize in the cart and usually have a PM sheet with me with a list of what I intend to PM and a few spaces at the end if I want to add things

I sort them by store so all those items in the flyer are together, I also put the coupons on top of items, but be careful as they can blow/fall off and get sucked into the belt end. I do all my coupon/PM items at the end so I am done loading the belt and can watch prices

I just check my receipt before I leave for earlier items I may have missed, often it is easier to get it fixed at CS anyway
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I tape my coupons to the product they're to be used on. Pming, I put the items on top of the flyer they're pm'd at (items are circled in black marker), and when they're typing things into the register, I stop what I'm doing and watch. While they're reading, I continue to load the belt.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I have spot in my coupon bag for the coupons I will be giving the cashier.. as I pick up the items I put the coupons in that section.. Before I go through the checkout I stop for a moment and check I have the right coupons and amounts. I do the price matching first and then give coupons.. If I have 6 BBQ Sauce.. I put htem all together.. let her ring them in and then give the 6 coupons.. its easier for me to watch for errors and to make sure all are entered.. while she is reading the coupon I put the next grouping I plan on doing.. At the same time I keep an eye out for customers behind me.. I want them to know its going to be a while...
    seylz_gurl and Shirnette like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Before leaving home, I place the coupons I am planning to use in my "Planning to Use This Week" envelop in my purse. As I am shopping, if I add some items that weren't on my list to my order, I add the coupons for those item to the envelop. This way my coupons are ready to go when I get to the cash.

I organize my cart as I shop. If I have more price matched items than non price matched, I put the price matched stuff in the larger section of the cart. Or vice versa if needed. I group the items I am price matching by flyer, on top of that flyer. Then at the cash I unload the non price matched item first. I then group the price matched items on the belt by store, with the appropriate flyer on top of the items.

I ask the cashier if she wants the coupons before, during or after, and give them accordingly.

I try to pay attention to the prices as the items scan, but am not always able to do so. After I pay, I pull my cart to the side, out of the way, and go through my receipt to make sure there were no errors. If there are, I go to the CS desk and get them fixed, as well as getting any rain checks that I might need.

At home when I am planning my grocery trip, I always make a list of my planned purchases. On my list, I include the brand, price and size, to make sure I am getting the right item at the right price. My list also has a section for price matching, and I have the name of each store, with the items from that store, with the brand, size and price. That way, I don't have to search through the flyers in the store to make sure I have the correct item. I've seem some people doing that, and it seems to make their grocery trip more difficult and take longer.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I don't know. I wasn't pricematching or couponing today, but I got back from grocery shopping with my 4-year-old and 1 1/2 year old sons, and wanted to give up about halfway through unloading the groceries!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i use my coupons as the deals pop up, ive never bought more then 10 items at a time :D

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks some good help - sometimes simple is best!!!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Same thing what I always do or atleast try to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post

Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information