User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Landior
  • 3 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By SassyAshley
  • 2 Post By Annatree
  • 2 Post By quicktocoupon

Thread: metro no longer accepting external coupons?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello,

I tried to use some websaver printable coupons today at my local metro and the cashier informed me that, to her knowledge, they did not accept coupons that were not their own (the ones available on their website). She checked with her supervisor, who confirmed this. The issue did not appear to be related to the coupons being printable but rather with the coupons not originating from metro itself. Has anyone else had this happen? Is this a new policy? This particular store was in Kingston, Ontario, btw.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Websaver
    oscarandme likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No that's wrong.

They accept manufacturers coupons, just not manufacturers printables. I'd try again.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I used tear pad coupons there last weekend with no problem.
    oscarandme and quicktocoupon like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

They don't accept any printable coupons that isn't from metro.ca. That have always been their rule.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

they accept manufacturer coupons indeed. Just not printables. My Metro is always so good with coupons, even better than most other stores.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

They do not accept printed coupons from anywhere. Easy to remember Metro no prints. We all have the Metro lessons under our belts.

If still uncertain, call another Metro and ask what their policy is.

Try Asking this:

1. Do you take printed coupons? (They will probably say yes but just theirs)
    2. If so which ones (they will probably say just theirs)
    3. Tear pads, mailed coupons as we usually have access to: (they will say yes).
    4. No coupon zone (No).

I think if you ask those qustions to the manager store,( try another they all have the same policy). then you will know.

Another lesson I learned with Metro recently:

Since DH used to do all the shopping before I took over in January I did not know of certain rules like the following, I just encountered this about a month ago.

I wanted to buy the Paul Newmans' Dressing and try it they had them on for 2 for 5.00. I had 2 coupons so 1.50 each, excellent price and had an extra coupon so thought I'd get another for 1.50. No!! the single item is not half of 5.00. I was full price I cannot remember exactly the price but it was more than 2.50 for one minus my 1.00 coupon,cheaper to buy 2 for 5.00 with no coupon.

The moral of this story is when it says 2 for $$$ always buy that amount otherwise you will pay full price I think it was for one as opposed to the half of sale price.

Hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Aug 13th, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Something else you should say next time you get this:

Why then are there tons of coupons on the shelves at Metro? You could probably walk back with a manager and point them all out. Metro always has lots
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information