• 1 Post By cheekysaver
  • 3 Post By bchockeymom
  • 2 Post By coley3
  • 4 Post By DianneS

Thread: Record for total savings?

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Anyone know what the record for total savings is for a coupon grocery shop, regardless of OOP?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cheekysaver likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am unsure what you are asking? Rephrase it maybe.
    cheekysaver likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

You might want to ask the record for stackers and the record for non-stackers. Those of us who can stack have a big advantage when it comes to coupon savings records.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I think mine was $530 or something in one trip to Walmart. OOP was about $40. I don't think there were many FPC's either
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Saved Aprx $330, $0.10 OOP, , almost all FPC's for me... variety of different things, mostly grocery tho.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Some stackers have in the past put through single orders for well over 1K. After that very strict rules have been put into play. I personally don't put through big orders often... about once a year I do a london drugs haul. Here is the one i did last fall. $430 regular priced with sales and $200 in coupons I spent $50. To me that was a absolutely huge haul. Most of mine are smaller trips. To date that is still my biggest haul from one shopping trip. (i did take my daughter and she did one transaction and I did a transaction)
    ticul likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Diane- stacking makes a huge difference. In the good old LD stacking days ( before P&G wording changed- so 2009-2011?) it was not unusual to see brags between $500-1000.00. However, some of the best brags I have ever seen were the Christmas bonus redemptions at SDM. Those blew me away... Some people did at least $1500-2000 in redemptions after coupons! As I find my local BC SDM's to be lackluster, coupon unfriendly and have limited stock I have never been able to get enough points to do a big redemption but I admire those who do

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

It really depends whether or not they used FPC's or not as well. I have a ton of the Kelloggs share your breakfast ones. If I used those on a 15% off Tuesday I would save hundreds of $'s and could come out paying nothing. However that is not a typical grocery shop. Groceries usually cost you something. Unless of course you can stack at Save-on and then it could be virtually free if you had enough different coupons. So I am not sure of the best total around.
    DianneS and cheekysaver like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I don't calculate by taking the regular shelf price, then calculating the sale price and coupons. I just take the total coupons used. Like others, I tend to break my stacking into smaller shops so that I don't overwhelm the cashier. Because I can stack, I have had a tremendous amount of savings. I have also done very well on Shoppers Optimum and one year I redeemed $600 in one day on an early December mega redemption.

I would add that the 'record' for the highest coupon savings is meaningful to me when it refers to savings for regular household shopping. If we are talking about someone stacking for dozens of bottles of Dove, tubes of toothpaste, etc. that doesn't mean a lot to me. I am most impressed by great savings people achieve on their weekly grocery bills for items that their families use on a regular basis.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Thread Information