User Tag List

Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind strange question: At witch year old you saw or noticed your first white hair?
    I discover one this morning when I was brushing my hairs,I am just 28 years old,that freak me out....
    I know it could be faster with stress,habits,lifestyle...What do you think of that? Or maybe genetic? My mother had her hairs colored the first time at 30 years old,and at 40 and more she had grey and white hairs if she dont dye hit...I never taught and made big deal about that...until I see one..mine lol

What are yours taught about that?
    It's really varied in my family - from my mom, to my three older sisters, and me.

Mom started greying just a small bit in the front in her 50s, and after a while she just used a bit of brunette coloured mousse on it. In her mid-60s it came on more.

My oldest sister started greying in her 30s, and just stuck with salt and pepper, then grey, now pretty white-ish hair in her mid-60s. She never dyed it.

The next two sisters freaked when they saw a little grey in their 20s and have been dying their hair for decades.

I guess I'm the one most similar to my mom - saw a few strands of lighter hair in my 40s (I just thought it was a lighter blonde since I'm a dirty blonde, lol!), but they are grey/white. I just plucked them out for a while since there were just a few at one temple. Now that there are a few more on each side, I just leave them - no one else notices them, and even if there were more, it wouldn't bother me. I won't be dyeing my hair.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Afternoon ladies

Haven't been well again big migraine all day yesterday and it was really humid here 98% humidity no wonder i have a migraine.I was awake all night as it was pouring rain and i had the window opened that's all i heard was the rain.

Avon-I don't know how you can take 2 Tylenol Pm i would be out of it in the morning.I take 1 sometimes it doesn't work until 4 or 5 hrs later and then i can't do anything in the morning lol

Cath- sorry about your problems,i said once if you got rid of your family you would have very little problems lol

Frugal Lisa -congrats on starting baby no.3,my youngest dd has 3 girls and they are having a hard go of it,kids always need something
    You and Me: I know you are right and I hope you feel better with your migraine.Do you have some chronisis migraine I hope not this is so awful
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

About the humidity temperature...Since my ac is off I just put a fan,I dont find the open Windows effective each time.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Thank you Cath! I hope you slept well and are feeling more positive today.

I have some errands to run today, I'm also hoping to find some new coupons while I'm out. Anyone looking for anything? I'd be happy to send you some if I can find them today.
    Let us know what you find in yours coupons hunt!!! I found some 2$ off wub Clear Shampoo today,never had the chance to put this one in my collection ...3$ would be better but still a great ones,and the 2$ wub2 différents products Dove.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Oh... White hair... I found my first one while pregnant with my second (I was 23) I cried for two days... Pregnancy hormones to blame I think.
    I must admit I freak it out too like if my life was finish and I was old,but a friend make me realize when I told this story crying and laughing at the same time...it is NOTHING,we begin our real life at this age,we really know what we want and no more lost time so it go fast in achieve the goals... my moral was better after..But my grand-mother had white hairs early too.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Thanks Cathy,i get these types of migraine often in the summer when it's humid and the barometer pressure is very high
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Thanks Cathy,i get these types of migraine often in the summer when it's humid and the barometer pressure is very high
    ...So sorry for you.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Let us know what you find in yours coupons hunt!!! I found some 2$ off wub Clear Shampoo today,never had the chance to put this one in my collection ...3$ would be better but still a great ones,and the 2$ wub2 différents products Dove.
    I found those and $2 off Janes (found chicken and fish ones)
    $1 off Special K protein (that can be used with the coupon zone $1 off at the rcss I go to)
    $.75 off natrel organic milk (2L)
    $1 off liberte Greek yogurt
    $1 off oatmeal crisp cereal
    $1 off Rice Krispies
    $.50 off motts garden cocktail
    $2 off melitta
    $1 off Clorox, tilex or green works (smart tube)
    And $4 off netirinse

i think I did well.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For those in QC who have an air miles card and plan to spend 50$ (basically anything) same exclusion as Pharmaprix when they have events...for the 10 years anniversary of Air miles they will offer you a gift card of 10$ wub 50$ or more of products when you present your ail miles card...saw this add on tv and I see it on their site...Only Saturday 14 september and Sunday 15 september.

http://www.jeancoutu.com/en/air-mile...ES-promotions/

Also if you have a copy of the Metro Journal there is a coupon for a 15 ml cream at Yves Rocher no purchase required...

I want to have my air mile card now...I dont have one lol

So that are my 2 frugal discoveries I found today...Also I had put a Neutrogena offer on the deal section

I love paying attention on add lol...it definatelly paid off.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Anyone want to share their deals that they will be shopping for this weekend? (Or upcoming week) I will be doing my big shop tomorrow night, my biggest deals are likely glade (bigger deal because there is no tax!!) janes and cavendish.

I also just re-sorted my stockpile (does it ever end?????) but this time I separated my donations. For Christmas this year I am donating 25 (small) little gifts to single young moms. I was 17 when I had my oldest and this place helped me a lot so I am very thrilled to be able to give back! Each mom will receive 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, a toothbrush, toothpaste, a bar of Olay and a Glade smelly. I know it isn't a lot, but I have only been gathering stuff since April for it so its not bad.
    Last edited by Frugal Lisa; Thu, Sep 12th, 2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Oldest... Not youngest!! Lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ill be canning on Monday... Lots to get done!!

We are very excited to start trying for our third, I always wanted three but the dh wasn't so sure. I think he thinks I'm crazy cause I started a 'baby shelf' in the stockpile already, but wipes and diapers won't expire!! Lol! I have also been dying to be an aunt forever so it was a big day for me when I found out!
    Lisa what are you planning on canning? I've made so far 16x 250ml jars of wild cranberry jelly, need to count my canned apple jars, will be doing whole crab-apples in ooey gooey syrup tomorrow and crab-apple jelly also this is tomorrows goals. All the cranberries, apples & crab-apples were all picked along the country roads etc. I will be heading to my parents house on Sunday until Tuesday or Wed. and will be canning 90 pounds of potatoes and will be picking up around 20 pounds of rutabaga at Super C while on the Quebec side visiting my parents and guess what I will be doing with them???
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Lisa what are you planning on canning? I've made so far 16x 250ml jars of wild cranberry jelly, need to count my canned apple jars, will be doing whole crab-apples in ooey gooey syrup tomorrow and crab-apple jelly also this is tomorrows goals. All the cranberries, apples & crab-apples were all picked along the country roads etc. I will be heading to my parents house on Sunday until Tuesday or Wed. and will be canning 90 pounds of potatoes and will be picking up around 20 pounds of rutabaga at Super C while on the Quebec side visiting my parents and guess what I will be doing with them???
    I will be canning spaghetti sauce (no meat), salsa, beets (not pickled... Yucky!) and sweet relish

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Well broke my budget for September already. I need to get into the habit of setting aside money specifically for emergencies!!!

DS has gotten really sick over the past two days so took him to the doctors this morning, he has a throat infection. So dished out $30 for meds and $5 for Popsicles. Then at walmart I noticed the 180 count bottles of Disney gummy vitamins are on rollback for $12, needed vitamins anyways and happened to have a $2 coupon in my wallet. IMO it was a great deal for 6 months of vitamins! Usually I with coupon I get the 60 count bottles for about $6. Home now and he is cuddled up with his grandma on the couch watching ice age. His absolute favourite movie. Lol. His dad wants to see him tonight and since he's sick I will be staying for the visit and dinner too. Joy. Haha.

On another note I weighed myself yesterday and lost 4lbs since my last weigh in two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Poor little guy - can't help but feel so badly for our kids when they are little and sick. Hope the visit goes well and a big congrats on the 4lbs!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Another one for SAQ in qc:

Expires on: Sat, Sep 14th, 2013
    Online and in store,limit of 2 per custumer:
    http://www.saq.com/content/SAQ/en/pr...ons/prime.html

FREE SPICE TRIO WHEN YOU BUY RHÔNE WINES

Celebrate the ongoing French wine fair and get a free spice trio, this Saturday only. The gift is yours when you purchase three bottles of wine from the Rhône Valley at your favourite outlet or online

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Back to cleaning...motivation will come when I will start...I hope. Have an awesome night everyone!!!

Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information