User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: I am so excited...target opens tomorrow!!!!!

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

I just had to tell someone how excited I am that we are going to have our first target...it is opening in Micmac mall in darthmouth ,ns...I was at the mall last week but when I found out the opening date omg...I can't control myself...I will have to get some target shopping 101 training...as there is a special debit card and exclusive coupons right? seriously I am so excited it is just like Christmas!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    luckbealady, vesper and maiyuu like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First - don't be too excited about regular prices, Walmart is still better

Second - Target debit (I have one): you can sign up online, it connects right to the debit account you already have. Takes a few weeks to get the card (3 different envelopes will come, one with the card, one with the pin they assign you, and one with instructions). Save 5% off your total purchase before taxes and after coupons/discounts. The card is ONLY good at Target stores (but is very pretty). Just be forewarned that the debits don't show up automatically like your regular bank debit card, it may take a day or two if you check through online banking. Apparently in the states it will also get you a discount at the in-store Starbucks - don't know if this is true for Canada.

Third - Target actually has really good sale and clearance prices, usually better than Walmart! And they also have sales like Walmart's Rollback, where the price is lower for more than just the usual week - you need to check in store to find those

Fourth - Stacking! You can use 1 Target Exclusive coupon (it will say Target exclusive) and 1 manufacturer's coupon per item, unless otherwise stated (P&G coupons say not to be combined with any other coupons, so those shouldn't be stackable - although some people have done it). Limit of 4 like Target coupons in a transaction (or possibly per customer per day, I forget which). You can get Target coupon booklets in your flyers if you're local, at customer service, and print them from the Target.ca website.

Fifth - Target price matches. So it's great when you've got coupons to stack and a great sale somewhere else! You do need the flyer - no phone images, or just telling them like Walmart

Sixth - Do your couponing and PMing at the Customer Service checkout, as they are the ones that have to approve/override it apparently

Seventh - Be prepared for it to take some time! I found stacking and PMing to be a very slow process: my cashier had to push a lot of buttons on my recent trip (and she ended up missing a coupon too) - I think it took 15 minutes, to Walmart's 5-10 minutes.

Okay, I think that's all my tips for now!
    Last edited by luckbealady; Mon, Sep 16th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

And they aren't scop'ing at the moment. Some say they will in a year but don't know for sure. Keep a close eye on what the items ring in at. The first few months at our Target were rough. 4 out of 5 visits had an item ring in higher than it should have been.

PHI find Target a great place to coupon. I'm happy for you. Enjoy.
    luckbealady and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yahoo!!
    frugalqueen likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

wow...thank you for all the tips and advice...i am going to be patient when i go for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    First - don't be too excited about regular prices, Walmart is still better

Second - Target debit (I have one): you can sign up online, it connects right to the debit account you already have. Takes a few weeks to get the card (3 different envelopes will come, one with the card, one with the pin they assign you, and one with instructions). Save 5% off your total purchase before taxes and after coupons/discounts. The card is ONLY good at Target stores (but is very pretty). Just be forewarned that the debits don't show up automatically like your regular bank debit card, it may take a day or two if you check through online banking. Apparently in the states it will also get you a discount at the in-store Starbucks - don't know if this is true for Canada.

Third - Target actually has really good sale and clearance prices, usually better than Walmart! And they also have sales like Walmart's Rollback, where the price is lower for more than just the usual week - you need to check in store to find those

Fourth - Stacking! You can use 1 Target Exclusive coupon (it will say Target exclusive) and 1 manufacturer's coupon per item, unless otherwise stated (P&G coupons say not to be combined with any other coupons, so those shouldn't be stackable - although some people have done it). Limit of 4 like Target coupons in a transaction (or possibly per customer per day, I forget which). You can get Target coupon booklets in your flyers if you're local, at customer service, and print them from the Target.ca website.

Fifth - Target price matches. So it's great when you've got coupons to stack and a great sale somewhere else! You do need the flyer - no phone images, or just telling them like Walmart

Sixth - Do your couponing and PMing at the Customer Service checkout, as they are the ones that have to approve/override it apparently

Seventh - Be prepared for it to take some time! I found stacking and PMing to be a very slow process: my cashier had to push a lot of buttons on my recent trip (and she ended up missing a coupon too) - I think it took 15 minutes, to Walmart's 5-10 minutes.

Okay, I think that's all my tips for now!

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

i really hope they do scop soon as i do love it when i get free stuff...thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    And they aren't scop'ing at the moment. Some say they will in a year but don't know for sure. Keep a close eye on what the items ring in at. The first few months at our Target were rough. 4 out of 5 visits had an item ring in higher than it should have been.

PHI find Target a great place to coupon. I'm happy for you. Enjoy.

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

i haven't gone yet but hopefully soon...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yes be prepared to have CS override transactions, because I think the coupon limit is $3 before CS has to start entering a million entries in the computer. Their registers have lots of steps in each transaction with coupons. Be prepared to take a few minutes,but enjoy getting some items for nearly free when stacking coupons.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to Target today. Did not have anything to buy, just browsing. Apparently, so did a lot of shoppers. Comparison shopping from what I overheard. Two girls were in the cosmetic aisles and saying what brands Target carries and how it's not that much cheaper than other stores. Another couple were in the freezer section saying that you can find ice cream cheaper somewhere else. I guess concensus is, Target is overhyped. I did not get the Target flyer in my Publisac so I don't know what the sales are this week.
    Zonny likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I went today to just browse... it's really not the exciting. They carry some cosmetics that you won't find elsewhere - Pixi, Sonia - but aside from that I wasn't too impressed. The clothes were OK but I'll have to look at them again to get a better opinion. It was way too crowded for my liking!

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

i am finally going on saturday...we have to drive over 100 km to get there...i am getting prepared...printing some exclusive coupons and looking at the flyer etc..i am going to costco too when we go...so if i am disappointed costco always cheers me up....
    wow...i am way too excited over shopping...that is not like me at all!!!
    Shwa Girl and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

frugalqueen, if you are going to Costco, go for lunch.

They have the giant hot dog and fountain drink for 1.50. Their fries and poutine are pretty good too. Sometimes we just go there for a cheap lunch or supper. Less than $10 to feed a family of 4 adults.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    frugalqueen, if you are going to Costco, go for lunch.

They have the giant hot dog and fountain drink for 1.50. Their fries and poutine are pretty good too. Sometimes we just go there for a cheap lunch or supper. Less than $10 to feed a family of 4 adults.
    Plus lots of food samples from the Costco sample lady.

Even got free Goat's Milk bar of soap just for walking around Costco.
    frugalqueen likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a red Target card from the US...does anyone know if it's 'good' in Canada? Ours will be opening this fall...

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

hello everyone...AGAIN i have a question...does anyone know if you could use a manufacturer coupon and a printable target coupon at the same time? i'll have to check their coupon policy...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information