User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: September 11, 2013. What do you remember about 9-11-01?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks.
    What do you remember about September 11, 2001? Where were you?

Do you remember The Pentagon building and the planes?
    Do you remember the Pennsylvania plane crash?
    Do you remember the New York Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and the two planes crashing into each tower?

There was also a good Canadian remembrance too. Many US citizens going home, were stranded in Canada. Canadians opened their homes to the US travellers and others from 76 countries. About 3000 travellers were stranded in Canada. Nice that Newfoundland and New Brunswick citizens treated their visitors like family and opened their homes.

This is the true Canadian spirit of hospitality in difficult times!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Sep 11th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I was very young when it happened so all I remember is our teacher sitting us down and telling us that the planes had crashed. I don't think I saw the actual images until years later when they were being replayed on the anniversary.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I remember it like it was yesterday. Too many memories to recount.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I remember it all too clearly. I phoned a blind friend and he had me describe it to him in detail. I know a lady that lost her husband who was a first responder. It is good day for prayers.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember as if it was yesterday, I was chatting with this guy in NY city buying a hard drive from him, when he said a plane crashed into the World Trade Center, I said yeah right, and he said turn on your TV.. it was blocks from him, Later on in the day, I remember we were opening our new Union Office, which was few blocks from the Airport in Ottawa, and remember it was weird, because there was NO planes coming in or leaving. Today is a very good day for prayers for people who lost their lives, for people who know people who lost their lives.. I ask Jesus to please watch over all those who were involved with 911.. and hold the survivors, and the survivors who lost Family members.. Please Jesus hold them tight, and comfort them on this anniversary.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Name:  canusa.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  7.2 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I was watching tv that morning, as my son was getting ready for school - he was nine.

So I watched it unroll on the news as it was happening, it was seemingly unreal to see....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at my apartment. I had started my first job out of college the day before and was working afternoons, so I was still waking up.

I remember watching it on CNN and was just sick. It reminded me of back in 1986 when I was in the library of my elementary school and we watched the Challenger explosion.

Unfortunately my teacher was not there to turn around the television to shelter us from the trauma of watching it.
    Last edited by i_forget; Wed, Sep 11th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was 37 weeks pregnant and Penguinette 1 had started garderie that day. I arrived home hearing about a plane crashing into WTC1 and not thinking much of it, assuming that it was a light aircraft and the dj didn't have much in the way of details.

I switched on the tv, headed to the kitchen to switch the kettle on and returned in time to see the second plane hit...That's when my phone rang . It was Mr P wanting to know what had happened since he was supposed to be flying out to America that afternoon. I then noticed 20 messages on my answerphone...His parents, my mother, my sister, his brothers and my aunt, whose son and daughter in law had left Boston that morning to fly to San Francisco.

The internet was so very busy too...I couldn't get onto the BBC, CNN, CBC or any other major newsites..Reuters and AP were constantly going down too.. I remember watching the tv and feeling totally numb with shock. I was on the phone to Mr P when WTC2 fell, he wanted to know what the sound in the background was and I just couldn't speak. I finally managed to stumble out the words that it had fallen. By this time, some one in his office had bought a tv in and they started to watch what was happening for themselves.

I was worried about going into labour..half of it was because I was worried about taking up resources which may be needed..the other half was what horrible memories to have of your child's birth date..

I will admit to having watched tv all day that day until I went to pick up P1. I saw people jump out of windows to escape..gave me nightmares for weeks since falling to my death and being burned alive are 2 of my greatest fears..

I'm surprised that there isn't much on the tv about it this year. Military channels had a couple of programmes on Monday night which I watched with P1 since she wanted to know more about the day since they had been talking about it in school.

Name:  1CD461D3D8ADB4958AB20BC35BF5A_h316_w628_m5_cvdHOomcO.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  35.7 KB

http://now.msn.com/tumbledown-trails...id=vt_twmsnnow

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I remember just stopping everything and being glued to the TV.
    Amazing it's been 12 years.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Was just watching the rebroadcast - it's very interesting to listen to the speculation as things unfolded.
    And it brings back chilling feelings...

Darth, I've noticed a lot of programming since the weekend began - we've been watching some we hadn't seen before.
    I hadn't even thought of what internet coverage was then - we didn't have a computer then.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I think I was in Grade 6? I walked home for lunch and both my parents were home (They usually worked full time) and they were glued to the TV.
    Everyone was pretty much in shock. When I went back to school for the afternoon they had TV's set up in the library that we had to attend and teachers were explaining what was going on.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was in Grade 10, and didn't hear about it until lunchtime honestly because NS is an hour ahead of NYC- this was pre-smartphones so the only people who knew about it were students who had the first period morning block off and saw it at home, then came in around 10 am. I distinctly remember this one Grade 11 student saying it in the cafeteria, and I said "there is no way that could actually happen!". I don't recall watching anything in the afternoon classes about it honestly (the only time I remember that happening was when I was in Grade 7 for the Columbine shooting - though that doesn't really make sense that we watched that...) I had actually been in New York City two weeks prior to September 11th, and my Dad was supposed to fly through Newark the next day for business,... well that all changed quickly.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I remember turning the TV on when I got up that morning just in time the see the plane hit the second tower. That was it...was glued to the TV for the rest of the day.
    Natalka, Candini, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I was in high school - law class, I remember another teacher running into our room and all the teachers went to the hall way. Then an announcement of what happened and that they would be showing CNN in the schools theater (performing arts school - we had a theater that fit about 1200 ppl). We were allowed to go home or watch the news in the theater. It was packed..students and teachers watching together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information