User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Is it just me ..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It just seems like a tedious task - my coupon booklet is busting at the seams.
    It will take days to make a list (with brand name, exclusions, UPC, value etc. etc. etc.) haha

I'm already exhausted

This is my October goal.. make a list
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    What a fabulous idea
    When I used to be on here it took me literally forever to make a trade list.. Now I started up again a month-ish ago and found it was nearly impossible to trade without one so I did. Thank god before my coupons accumulated too much ..
    That's another thing that shows how everything changed before it was do you have this ? ya .. you have this ? ya boom thank you bye finished .
    Now no tradelist not much trading happening. You're the one that has to look through everyone else's to see what they have and what you have and such.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

I do a lot of trading, on trains, and one on one trades here and on facebook. I find that you HAVE to have a wish list. I started to make a Trade list, but Id be constantly changing/deleting things, I do like 8-10 trades a week, Id never keep up. So at least if I have a WISH list, I can contact people that I have stuff for and they can look at my list to see if they have what *I* need! I usually go through cycles where Im RRRRLLLLFF just one or two coups. Right now, Im RRRRLF frozen pizza (Delissio, CasaDimama, McCain) and Dr.Pepper (good on the 6 plastic bottles)...oh and ALWAYS MaxxScoop litter!! What is everyone else RRRRLF???

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you want to have coupons that others need, take some from tearpads even if you know you won't use them, sign up for all coupon offers online, do monthly callins.. if you have something someone wants.. perhaps take something you don't need but you know others will.. I have a coupon buddy, she picks up things for me all the time because I can't get out.. so I'll trade for things I know her family uses even though I don't want the items...

When you go to the Dr's office, look for coupons, dentist, everywhere.. sneak a peek in your neighbours recycling bin or ask them to save for you if they arent using them. I have random coupon friends that I'll send coupons they ask for and refuse to take anything.. sooner or later they see me post I'm looking for something and I will get random surprises in the mail.

If you get a Fpc , lets say its worth $5 .. you can use the $5 and get one item or you could trade that $5 ice cream coupon for 10$ to 20$ for coupons you are looking for.. Recently someone was looking for some coupons I had but wouldn't trade a $5 fpc for 10 x $2 coupons she wanted... On some level it makes sense I guess but 20$ in savings seems better to me than $5........ IF you know for sure you will use the coupons.

I hope that helps you out a bit.. its how I manage to get things to trade.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

That's pretty much how I work now and it does help . I get tons of the chapmans 5$ and trade them for much less valuable coupons but that I will for sure use . My freezer is sadly too small for anything bigger than one tub of Haagen dasz lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    If you want to have coupons that others need, take some from tearpads even if you know you won't use them, sign up for all coupon offers online, do monthly callins.. if you have something someone wants.. perhaps take something you don't need but you know others will.. I have a coupon buddy, she picks up things for me all the time because I can't get out.. so I'll trade for things I know her family uses even though I don't want the items...

When you go to the Dr's office, look for coupons, dentist, everywhere.. sneak a peek in your neighbours recycling bin or ask them to save for you if they arent using them. I have random coupon friends that I'll send coupons they ask for and refuse to take anything.. sooner or later they see me post I'm looking for something and I will get random surprises in the mail.

If you get a Fpc , lets say its worth $5 .. you can use the $5 and get one item or you could trade that $5 ice cream coupon for 10$ to 20$ for coupons you are looking for.. Recently someone was looking for some coupons I had but wouldn't trade a $5 fpc for 10 x $2 coupons she wanted... On some level it makes sense I guess but 20$ in savings seems better to me than $5........ IF you know for sure you will use the coupons.

I hope that helps you out a bit.. its how I manage to get things to trade.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Trading can be challenging. I made a trade list about two weeks ago, for first time in over a year. It is work to create it, not so bad to maintain it.

In doing this exercise, I realized that my wish list can be somewhat challenging. Not because I'm trying to make sure I always get the best end of a deal, but because for the past 6 months or so I've been really lucky in finding tearpads, so I have been able to get the more common tearpad coupons that I want on my own. The coupons I am looking for are often from product packaging, because there are coupons that I want on products that I do not buy. The other coupons I often want are websaver or save coupons that I want multiples of.

My list may also seem challenging because we are a family of 3, which includes a university student. So I don't need as much toiletries and personal items as a larger family would, and I don't need things that are for kids. And dh has food allergies, so we have some products we can buy and other things that are a no-go.

My point, I guess, is that it might not be that people are trying to be greedy. It might just be that their family has specific needs, and they are trying to find coupons to meet those needs.

But I understand your p.o.v. too. Personally, I am okay with trading an FPC for a coupon other than an FPC if it will get me something that I do want. But many people prefer to trade FPCs for FPCs. Their choice. Whatever works for them. I hardly ever manage to get FPCs, so I don't really have those to trade either.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I just decided to trade with Tasha -I want her to feel good about smart canucks -I gave up a few of my gain -but chatted with a wonderfull young lady -ohh and by the way someone did trade a free cereal coupon with me a few months ago for a bunch of other coupons (one callin was in there too)see we can all work together it feels good too

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I find trading is too much pressure, what if I screw up and give you the wrong coupon exp date and then have a negative. but that is my own opinion, and kudos to those that can keep it up.
    I find I often have what others want when it comes to the coupons found on product so I will watch peoples wish lists and offer a RAOK. Last week I saw a member that needed the Welches Juices and jelly. I had both as the juice came from a cereal I love and I had just found the english muffins with the jelly. So I sent off 4 of each. they would have never been used in our house. They will go to good home and not be wasted and for me that is far better than the stress of trading and keeping a list. In fact now I am on the hunt for someone that wants the almond soy milk one that was on the cereal & I think I have the tofu one too.
    Crochetlady and tasha313 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I find trading is too much pressure, what if I screw up and give you the wrong coupon exp date and then have a negative. but that is my own opinion, and kudos to those that can keep it up.
    I find I often have what others want when it comes to the coupons found on product so I will watch peoples wish lists and offer a RAOK. Last week I saw a member that needed the Welches Juices and jelly. I had both as the juice came from a cereal I love and I had just found the english muffins with the jelly. So I sent off 4 of each. they would have never been used in our house. They will go to good home and not be wasted and for me that is far better than the stress of trading and keeping a list. In fact now I am on the hunt for someone that wants the almond soy milk one that was on the cereal & I think I have the tofu one too.
    I am like you.. I just watch, and if someone is in need of them. I will send a RAOK. Because more than likely, I won't use it.

Just like those milk offers on websaver. anyone?
    Crochetlady, tasha313 and sdddmd like this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I dont have a wish or trade list. I check what coupons the people are looking for and if i have enough of them i PM that person. Im very easy to trade with; i have tons and tons of coupons. Ive been doing a lot of trading lately and so far so good. I dont normally trade for coupons; i like to trade for ``P`` stamps because i sell a lot of stuff on eBay so the stamps come in handy. What really bothers me is when you offer someone a trade and they dont bother replying. It takes only a minute to say Yes i would like to trade or No thanks im not really interested in this offer. Ive done RAOK`s, only ask for a positive feedback for the RAOK`s.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I get those little anxieties too actually.. what ifs and then what if the person is super non understanding of a mistake. I actually mess up alot sometimes in just describing the coups and i send a message or two to rectify or i don't even mess up and i write to confirm all the coupons just to be sure...

Just now im trading for a gc and said the wrong amount (i had 2 gc.. mixed them up) .. i corrected myself immediately but so much stress.. worth it though for stocking up for the new baby...

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I just decided to trade with Tasha -I want her to feel good about smart canucks -I gave up a few of my gain -but chatted with a wonderfull young lady -ohh and by the way someone did trade a free cereal coupon with me a few months ago for a bunch of other coupons (one callin was in there too)see we can all work together it feels good too

Thanks hun I will really enjoy those. I can't wait til you get your envie.. i think you'll be happy And you'll definately recognize it in the mail
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

.... and a couple good trades and boom..
    just received what i suspect is used stamps..
    on a ripped paper, un-unstickable and unusable...
    Crochetlady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I hea ya on the people who want everything and your kid for simple coupons...which is honestly half the reason I don't bother with those...instead of quitting trading, I decided I have what I need to get by on for the most part for easy to find things...it's only the replacements I'm after...so like others have said, I sign u for coupons for everything...and trade them for what I need of HV.
    i generally stick to certain people too. Not on purpose, but because it usually works out to be a successful trade more often, I just know for example who has a baby, who has pets, who needs Disney movie rewards, pampers codes etcetc so I pm them first.
    Last edited by Stretchthatdollar!; Fri, Sep 27th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Crochetlady likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I agree that trading is a "Process, and a Half" My trouble is with keeping my TL an WL updated because I trade sooo often. My DH gets frustrated because in the evenings I spend half my time on the pc browsing through pples lists to see if I have anything they are looking for, and the other half trying to update. LOL Go figure.

I think the amount of money I wind up saving each year makes up for the time I spend working the trades for coupons I use. I generally try to trade HV for HV or FPC for FPC but am always open to trading what few FPC's I have for coupons I am rrlf. I agree that it's better that the coupons get used then sit and waste away,and I too am noticing a general trend of pple with exceedingly difficult lists and because of that trading is seemingly more and more difficult.
    Crochetlady and sdddmd like this.
    Saved Over $900 In Coupons So Far in 2013!!!
    Also A Little Bit Of A WoW Junkie

If you aren't earning cash for surveys click here:
    https://legerweb.com/1EROG

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I always have a hard time coming up with an offer. Sometimes, people are like "just look at my WL"...well, sorry I don't own a dozen unicorns...
    I personally would rather look at someone's trade list to see what they have, then ask them to look at my TL. Yes, I have a wishlist and yes a lot of those coupons are the same ones everyone else is looking for...but maybe there is something I didn't think of or could use.

@acosta
    to simplfy making you TL check out this thread http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/357876-...2013-a-canada/
    do ctrl+f and start typing the upc of the coupon
    then highlight and copy that into your TL thread
    My list is formatted the same way as PeachyKeen types them out and it saves me having to type out each and every coupon!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Okay...I'll traded you my left kidney .....for the grey matter of your brain...as long as you didn't do suduko, and you need to throw in an FPC for chapmans with a Long expiry.....I like toilet paper coupon but I'm not sure what kind I like ...do you have a trade list...can you show me your trade list.....make sure to enclose UPC on the trade list are the coupons stackable or not stackable....?!!?!?!?!!
    ....just be happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information