• 2 Post By VeeVee
  • 3 Post By vesper
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 2 Post By Patty Smyth

Thread: Vladimir Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Russian President Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by an advocacy group that credits him with bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons.
    The Russian advocacy group International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World nominated Mr. Putin, characterizing his forged agreement with Syrian President Bashar Assad — to turn over admitted chemical weapons cache to international authorities — a world-class and prize-worthy piece of diplomacy, United Press International reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...l-peace-prize/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Bubbelinchen likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Who may submit nominations?

According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:
    Members of national assemblies and governments of states

Members of international courts

University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes

Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Board members of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1)

Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

The Committee does not itself announce the names of nominees. In so far as certain names crop up in the advance speculations as to who will receive the year's Prize, this is either sheer guesswork or information put out by the person or persons behind the nomination. Information in the Nobel Committee's nominations data base is not made public until after fifty years.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Interesting and sad
    Name:  29b908bf2540af4ace182ddbae948812.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  32.3 KB
    lecale and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

NO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Al Gore and Obama WON nobel peace prizes. I don't think anyone takes this seriously anymore, it is rather sad as it used to be a very prestigious award, now it's a political statement award.
    Natalka, DaveP and toban like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Nominated doesn't mean Putin or any-one else for that matter is going to get the Peace Prize. I seem to remember lots of people talking about nominating President Bush Jr several years ago and before that some people were trying to nominate President Reagan for the end of the Cold War.

We will have to wait for another 20ish years to see if President Reagan had ever been nominated and 40ish years for President Bush.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

nice....

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Bush, Blair nominated for 2002 Peace Prize

One has ordered his forces into battle more times than any other postwar British leader. The other threatens military action against "evil" nations and keeps a scorecard of dead al-Qaida leaders, marking each fatality with an X. Now, Tony Blair and George Bush have received international recognition for their unswerving willingness to use force: a nomination for the 2002 Nobel peace prize.
    The prime minister and US president have been jointly nominated for the accolade by a rightwing Norwegian politician who believes their military campaign against terrorism meets Alfred Nobel's criteria that the winner "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".
    Harald Tom Nesvik, who represents the Party of Progress in the Norwegian parliament, said yesterday: "The background for my nomination is their decisive action against terrorism, something I believe in the future will be the greatest threat to peace. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to use force to secure peace."
    Mr Nesvik has nomination rights as a member of a national legislature.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Putin 1 - Obama 0
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Obama should be sending him a case of Vodka for getting him out of Syria.
    DaveP and vesper like this.

Thread Information