User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Usually it's 5000 from SDM for the shop and about 4545 from the group of 10 shoppers and one leader...that is, if everyone shops.

Pretty good for spending $20 or $25!!

baggypants

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would definately be interested in doing this when the time comes!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I would love to do that too!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been in many of these groups and I feel that Cyanne had done a wonderful job she should be commended for all the effort that she has put into these events. If it wasn't for her you would probably never get the chance to get the points you got in the beginning.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I know this is all speculation but leveraging the SC community sounds great. I hope they do have one, I'm sure we will get lots of takers!
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

i didn't receive any emails from cyanne, but even if i did, you have a choice to delete it or vote? easy as that!

She takes a huge amount of her own time to help US SC'rs get bonus points, and for that i appreciate everything she does.
    i have been a leader for the last couple events, and i must admit, with my bad memory, she never once hesitated to repeat instructions to me, she helped me become a leader and i was proud to do it and have her help me through the whole event. She is an awesome asset to this forum.

Cyanne, thank you for all your hard work, i appreciate everything you do!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    not sure if Cyanne will be permitted to run the group next time...she used all the people's emails who signed up, to mass email them all asking for votes for a facebook contest she was in...that was not what i signed up for, there were many of us upset because of the misuse of information (email addresses) that was entrusted to her for the sole purpose of the TELL A FRIEND event...I would agree to participate in one if she was not the organizer, and the person who organizes it next time discards the information they are given about us...
    You might not have been around long enough, but Cyanne has organized A LOT of Refer-A-Friend events, and volunteered tons of her time. If you're upset with how she handled your email address and are boycotting it, that's your pergative. Maybe you can even volunteer to ensure emails aren't abused. But I would think a little gratitude is in order... don't forget how much work Cyanne and others (including those team leaders -- it's a thankless job!) put in, so that you and I can sit back and get more points.

cdnwaterboy

PS - I don't remember receiving her Facebook email. And if she did this, I'm sure Boo (or admin staff) had a talk with her.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

No one is doubting the hard work the Cyanne does for the RAF events. Not one single person has ever said she doesn't work her tail off for them.

Honestly, this discussion needs to be shut down before it turns ugly.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

ok i missed the last one...from companies i get the concept of refer a friend. can someone please tell me how this one works and how may points you can get?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The issue last time was the fact that there was no disclosure of points earned from each group leader (each leader used an invite that was sent by Cyanne...therefore she was earning points from each leader)

people were thinking she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart and felt very grateful for her help...so when she sent emails asking for votes, you were more inclined to help her out as you thought that this was a way to say thanks, thinking she didnt get much in return from organizing the event...

people can say that she deserves the 100 000 -350 000 points (i cant remember the exact amt, it was 5000 per leader and there was like atleast 50 leaders) ...but thats not the point being made. The point is that this information was not discussed what so ever, on purpose it seems....which is odd because it would have been a great brag story... but also for the fact that people (me and others) thought that she was spending her own time to do all of this for us and felt the need and want to give back in return (points, votes etc.)
    Last edited by sampler; Mon, Aug 1st, 2011 at 01:13 AM.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

So much negativity people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps that is why people hesitate to help out? In my opinion, Cyanne does a fab job, I have been a group leader a few times, Cyanne has, without complaint answered all my questions, done my work when I could not, given me points from her share when there was a shortfall because other people who promised to shop did not shop. AND I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY EMAIL FROM HER ASKING FOR VOTES EITHER!!!! Can we please, please stop bashing people who try to help - pretty please???

And then we have an ROAK thread...... HARUMPHHH!

Thanks - just had to rant....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mhk View Post
    So much negativity people!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And this is WHY I said this thread needs to die. Feelings are going to get hurt. Hurtful things are going to be said.

We all have an opinion but there is no need to rehash or speculate.

We are going down a slippery slope and there is no need to go there.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    And this is WHY I said this thread needs to die. Feelings are going to get hurt. Hurtful things are going to be said.

We all have an opinion but there is no need to rehash or speculate.

We are going down a slippery slope and there is no need to go there.

Hey I thought you were Insane ! ...no you're right, I will leave it to that...

I must say that it was a group of honest leaders, I don't think any leader went MIA...

My biggest mistake was not understanding that I could invite my mother in law and we would both get points...instead she asked me if she could invite me and I told her I had already gotten an invite...
    Last edited by sampler; Mon, Aug 1st, 2011 at 01:24 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    69 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    not sure if Cyanne will be permitted to run the group next time...she used all the people's emails who signed up, to mass email them all asking for votes for a facebook contest she was in...that was not what i signed up for, there were many of us upset because of the misuse of information (email addresses) that was entrusted to her for the sole purpose of the TELL A FRIEND event...I would agree to participate in one if she was not the organizer, and the person who organizes it next time discards the information they are given about us...

really people..... Cyanne has been doing us all a favour in coordinating these events in the past. It's not her job and she was doing it as a fellow SC "friend". She did not pass any information on to anybody else. So, who cares if she asked her friends for a VOTE. There was no misuse of your personal information - it was not sent anywhere or to anyone else except back to you. Usually don't have opinions about the bickering around here - this pettiness is CRAZY!
    Last edited by aderalem; Thu, Aug 4th, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
    4kids4me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information