User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Looking at another site I see that this policy is taking effect at the following : Helene L****n I'm in BC and it has taken affect here, at least in Kelowna that I know of, not sure about other BC stores & Ashley N***le S****on I have used Toronto fliers here in Wetaskiwin,AB Walmart.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sun, Oct 27th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    I just asked a similar questoin on the Walmart Canada Facebook page, and got a completely different response.
    And based on that response, here is their Ad Match Policy from their website... so they have totally contracted themselves on their Facebook page between October 25 and October 27... so yeah, Walmart still doesn't have it's together. See the two bolded, red, underlined parts below:

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

• Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
      • Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

• Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
    • Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
    • For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

• We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
    • We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
    • Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

• Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
      • example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"

• Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

• Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
    • Going out of business or closeout prices
    • Percentage off
      • example: "All mascara, 40% off"

• Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

• Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
    • Internet pricing
    • Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
    • "Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices
    This is their US policy, the Cdn one is a bit different, but they always claim they do not have one
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ahhhhh, okay. That explains a bit then... my Walmart has always been a little more flexible. They will Ad Match within about an hour's drive radius, plus some of the bigger box stores in the city two hours away.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also just found an old thread from 2011, where someone made this exact same announcement... whatever happened back then when that announcement was made, that it didn't stick? Anyone remember?
    avoncallingu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    200 (100%)

can't help but think there was some mis-communication here. NOT anyone here but some walmart employees perhaps mis-understood & implemented the changes the way they read it as? hopefully this does pan out but really can't help but think this is too good to be true. walmart is already ahead of the game why would they need to save us more money?
    avoncallingu and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

The best remedy for finding out is to call your local Walmart. Just ask them if there were any changes to their price match policy and if they say yes, ask them what they are. That is what I did and then I didn't have to wonder any more. The one that's about 40 minutes away said local only. So its best to call and call again in a few days if you have to. The Walmart next to me said yes and proceeded to tell me about it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judyhill View Post
    The best remedy for finding out is to call your local Walmart. Just ask them if there were any changes to their price match policy and if they say yes, ask them what they are. That is what I did and then I didn't have to wonder any more. The one that's about 40 minutes away said local only. So its best to call and call again in a few days if you have to. The Walmart next to me said yes and proceeded to tell me about it.
    Yes, this is what I did - sent an email to my local Walmart through the corporate website. Will probably be a few days before I hear back, but hopefully will have a clear answer.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I think right now dariusz8 has answered all the questions that we are wondering about as far as he knows. I recommend contacting your local WM and see if they are on board or call WM HQ and see what they say. All we can do is share the information when posting threads and maybe the moderators can tidy all the confusion up and let us know how this stands. It is a huge announcement for a member to be responsible for answers since it is new to this member sharing the information just like it is to us. Walmart should have sent an announcement. Thank you dariusz8 for sharing this information and we realize you are not responsible to answer all questions.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey B. View Post
    can't help but think there was some mis-communication here. NOT anyone here but some walmart employees perhaps mis-understood & implemented the changes the way they read it as? hopefully this does pan out but really can't help but think this is too good to be true. walmart is already ahead of the game why would they need to save us more money?
    Walmart does have a lot of mis-communications...I was just at a Walmart store a few days ago and the cashier that was cashing me out told me that she would have to lower my coupon by 50c as the item that I was buying was 50c cheaper than the coupon...I told her no, you do not lower the coupon you take the whole dollar valve off and the 50c goes towards my basket amount...Now this policy has been in place for at least the last 2-3 years, but yet still she wanted to reduce my coupon. (So clearly they have a big mis-communications when years later, there cashier is not aware of there policy).
    As for Walmart being the best deal in town, that is not totally true, as I'm finding RCSS and Target to be much more pleasant to deal with, plus they price match, plus you can use a manufacture coupon plus one of there store coupon with your purchase.
    Lately I've been taking my Walmart flyer else where to P.M.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

i live in a small town...i am so super excited to try this....
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey for everyone that is in Markham, I have confirmed with the CSM at Coppers Creek Walmart yesterday that they are going to do pm for stores that locates anywhere in Canada! according to what she have told me all Walmart managers by now should have gotten the new memo and should have spoken to their cashiers about it. So there should not be any issues on it!

happy pm'ing

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    Hey for everyone that is in Markham, I have confirmed with the CSM at Coppers Creek Walmart yesterday that they are going to do pm for stores that locates anywhere in Canada! according to what she have told me all Walmart managers by now should have gotten the new memo and should have spoken to their cashiers about it. So there should not be any issues on it!

happy pm'ing
    Thank you kindly for confirming
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Tried the 3rd Walmart in my city today, they all said the same thing, any store but has to be a local competitor (so they will PM the new Chinese grocer which they used to not class as a competitor)

HQ replied saying there has been no change in their price-match policy
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    168 (100%)

Went to the Wal-mart in Guelph today and they didn't know anything about any new changes with the coupon policy I also called Wal-mart HQ and was told this is "just a rumour going around" and no official changes have been made, but they are looking into possibly making these changes in the future.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Wow! Differing policies depending where and who you ask! I asked the Customer Service Manager of our local Walmart here in Chatham, Ont. today and she kind of stuttered. She said they'll match "from a wider area than just Chatham" but that probably didn't include the whole of Canada. She happened to be at the till I was checking out at so I caught her a little off guard. I think I'll go back later and find out what she found out. Even if we could price match for stores in London, Windsor and Sarnia that we don't have here in Chatham, that would be good.
    Meanwhile, I had run off the "flyers" from a couple of stores from the wiki thread - .39 / lb. for Red Delicious Apples - but although they had ALL KINDS of apples - no Red Delicious!
    Hope this helps anyone in the Chatham area.
    Anna Michele and luckbealady like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information