• 4 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By cheekysaver
  • 4 Post By super807
  • 3 Post By oscarandme
  • 2 Post By oscarandme
  • 2 Post By oscarandme
  • 2 Post By oscarandme
  • 1 Post By Momof3girlies

Thread: Where is that coupon??? I know it's here somewhere !!!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Okay I do not know if this has ever been asked before but here goes. What does your couponing area look like. I always say I do not have the technology yet to post pictures but on this one even if I did, I don't think I would...it is scary. I have a few things I have tried and my latest is not working. What works for you and your home. Do you have an office? a corner, a box (boxes with milions of old inserts?), how do you remember all of them?? Can you find them?

When I return home from going shopping and have found some couponw I usualy put them in an IN box tray (a pretty one of course) and when I have a minute I file them in my shoe-box (a pretty one again) with numbers that correspond to the catagories in my binders that I have copied from another blogger and then I bring those to the store and every binder has an index. So now I have a mini-binder for Target because matching Target and Manufacture coupons ready, a mini-binder for SDM All products that I mostly buy there and if I am somewhere else I know these certain coupons are in this binder) and now that I shop at RCSS one for them CZ zone. So I have 2 bags to haul along. I make a list for that binder for that week and tape all coupons on a clear insert page and they are ready to go for that store otherwise I will be going even crazier...not being organized..but it still is not effective.it still has flaws.

So my question is when you come back home with new coupons...what happens, even braver, show us some pictures...it is always exciting to see the stockpile photos but where the magic happens, show us the nerve center, where the skills, lessons and experience turns into a masterpiece that we all share with one another on this fabulous forum.

Atleast my coupons are contained to one room and one desk area and a bookshelf but..I'd love to know what is yours????

Thanks everyone..don't be shy..we sure could use some tips on organizing at home..the space...
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

LMBO! OMG I am so not showing you my coupon area right now! It looks like a coupon explosion right now... I am reorganizing all my stackers and making a filing system where i list off the upc's quantity of coupons, dollar values, expiry dates right on the outside of the paper. Eg all van houtte go into one paper... all of one type of coupon gets paper clipped together... right now it is a nightmare of a mess... but I am getting there. (the box is alphabetized and i have 2 binders with sheet and hockey card protectors... 1 for h&b and cleaners the other for food items.) That is the fastest way for me to be able to find coupons.

Couponing can be MESSY work. Especially when your going through a reorganization period. (My box is just a rather plain box and bigger then a shoe box... my binders are not really pretty either but they do have zippers!) I still just can't do a pic of it... That would take all the hollywood glam out of couponing and it might show people the awful truth that it happens to be work LOL. For the record... stackers know... If you think it is hard to stay organized without stacking... stacking with 3 or 4 coupons that are the same with a different upc X tons of products makes 3 - 10 times the work to keep organized so your trips work well. When i wasn't stacking i would just open up to the page in the binder and insert coupon and done... it doesn't work for stacking it was hard to keep track of the numbers and dates properly. This new system works much better for me. (Thanks ladies on the stacking thread for telling me how you do it)
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh man, my mind has not even processed the idea of stacking organization...I think I just got a "stacking" headache. Oh man, I have no words to express the work I can only imagine at this point in my short career of couponing that if stacking should head this way-I would have to cut-out sleeping altogether.

I knew asking for a photo was a stretch and maybe if I do get tech savvy i will share and bare my soul. I am very organized but..the old memory has a mind of it's own which would be put to good use if it would particiapte a little bit more in my couponing venture. But stacking, all the envie was not examined from this aspect, now I bow to stackers...I'll pay a bit more to save the little mind that I have left. Oye... Thank you for sharing, sounds like you have it under control though. Thanks for sharing cheekysaver. I will go and thank the stacking Gods for holding off for a while for Ontario till I get my act together. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    LMBO! OMG I am so not showing you my coupon area right now! It looks like a coupon explosion right now... I am reorganizing all my stackers and making a filing system where i list off the upc's quantity of coupons, dollar values, expiry dates right on the outside of the paper. Eg all van houtte go into one paper... all of one type of coupon gets paper clipped together... right now it is a nightmare of a mess... but I am getting there. (the box is alphabetized and i have 2 binders with sheet and hockey card protectors... 1 for h&b and cleaners the other for food items.) That is the fastest way for me to be able to find coupons.

Couponing can be MESSY work. Especially when your going through a reorganization period. (My box is just a rather plain box and bigger then a shoe box... my binders are not really pretty either but they do have zippers!) I still just can't do a pic of it... That would take all the hollywood glam out of couponing and it might show people the awful truth that it happens to be work LOL. For the record... stackers know... If you think it is hard to stay organized without stacking... stacking with 3 or 4 coupons that are the same with a different upc X tons of products makes 3 - 10 times the work to keep organized so your trips work well. When i wasn't stacking i would just open up to the page in the binder and insert coupon and done... it doesn't work for stacking it was hard to keep track of the numbers and dates properly. This new system works much better for me. (Thanks ladies on the stacking thread for telling me how you do it)
    Momof3girlies and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had to get my act together... otherwise you don't know what you need and you don't get the deals right. My cashier and any customers behind me deserve me having my act together. I really think you could stack Oscarandme! Finding a system that works for you is key... I just get a lil ocd about this stuff.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

ok well here goes like you ladies i have binders that i no longer use they are more for storage of 2014 and later this way if i miss a sale it ok i still have time to use them, i have empty baby wipes containers for tearpads that ihave way to many of that I could never use all of in one shipping trip. I keep all my coupons that i plan on using in hopes of catching a sale in my pink accordian folder that needs replacinhg. I have a photo wallet in my purse/bag for nevr leave homewithout it coupons, milk bread egs cheese yet I still manage to leave it on the "DESK" on more than one occasion lol i keep a pile under my screen (as you can see) that need to be sorted I figure if they are right under my nose it'll get done right? not! I have a recipe index box thing that i use for multiples again mostly stuff I will use. My samples are in baby wipes tubs all over the desk and house for that matter. Stacks of inserts the the side of my tower for easy access, I usually only have 1 or 2 of the mos recent I can't imagine if i had 20 of each everytime you'd need a filing cabinet. oh more recently i got fromt he dllar store a business card holder this is great for the small ones that seem to get lost in the shuffle.

Name:  coupons 143.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  40.9 KB
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I really need to get a system for the target stacks cuz I am loving it and look forward to many more great coupons coming fromt hem in the future
    oscarandme and acosta like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I could show you mine but it would definitely not be pretty. Everything goes into category envelopes in a shoe box. Except the inserts which stay uncut and stuffed underneath the shoe box. Not glamourous. But it works

The Target stacks go into the categories they would go into normally.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I really need to get a system for the target stacks cuz I am loving it and look forward to many more great coupons coming fromt hem in the future
    If it is just target stacks you can use a envie and just paper clip the stacks together... if you use your binders you can dedicate a page to target stacks.
    Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

My system is much more primitive than those here, but it works for me.

The coupons I use go into envelopes that I keep in my purse in categories: Food, Household, and Personal. Coupons are placed in order of expiry date, with the earliest expiries at the front of the envelope.

I have two additional envies: "Expires this month" (all the coupons expiring within the next 30 days go here), and "Planning to use this week" (after I do my shopping list, I find the coupons I want and place them in that envie, so that they are quick and easy to find at the cash).

On most shopping trips, all the envies come with me, as I have learnt that I find good deals that I have coupons to go with that were not in the flyers.

When I get new coupons (in the mail, inserts, find tear pads or receive in a trade), I sort and place the coupons I will use in the envie of the matching category. I do cut out the coupons from inserts that I will be interested in using, as I have learnt that if I don't do that right when I get the insert, it will be lost from sight. The coupons that I won't use, that are extras for trading, I put in a big ziplock freezer bag, to try to keep them all in the same place. As I add them to my trade list (which is about a month behind at this point), I place them into a different ziplock freezer bag, where they are sorted by month of expiry and alphabetically, so that the match the order of my trade list, making them easy to find to send out in a trade.

When I don't stay on top of sorting my coupons right away, I end up with big piles of coupons on my dresser, on the kitchen table and on my bedroom floor (I'm a piler, always have been and drives dh crazy!).

The envelope system works for me, in part because we are a small family - dh, teenager and me - which means that I don't purchase as much as larger families do, which means I have less coupons that I keep, in part because I don't buy a lot of processed food, again reducing how many coupons I keep and in part because I have a good memory for coupons and I know what I have in my stash.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

This is good Anna Michele!!

You have everything in place to me a coffee/tea to make this easier, your PC/SC members with tips and posts, and piles of what I bet you know more where it is than you think.

Thank you for sharing the photo and the info. You also have a little family so like I have written before I don't know how you find the time to sleep let alone coupon...sheesh!!! Yours is better than mine, by far..I will figure this photo thing and share..I got a tip from vesper..will try..you will see. I think no matter how or what it looks like it is a part-time job and whatever works for each of us..knowing that we are not alone in our areas is comforting. I lift something there are more coupons and move something and darn some more so I am glad I it is not just a newbie thing out of control still learning, it is like cheeky mentioned a system that works for each of us. ..Thank you Anna Michele, you are are so sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    ok well here goes like you ladies i have binders that i no longer use they are more for storage of 2014 and later this way if i miss a sale it ok i still have time to use them, i have empty baby wipes containers for tearpads that ihave way to many of that I could never use all of in one shipping trip. I keep all my coupons that i plan on using in hopes of catching a sale in my pink accordian folder that needs replacinhg. I have a photo wallet in my purse/bag for nevr leave homewithout it coupons, milk bread egs cheese yet I still manage to leave it on the "DESK" on more than one occasion lol i keep a pile under my screen (as you can see) that need to be sorted I figure if they are right under my nose it'll get done right? not! I have a recipe index box thing that i use for multiples again mostly stuff I will use. My samples are in baby wipes tubs all over the desk and house for that matter. Stacks of inserts the the side of my tower for easy access, I usually only have 1 or 2 of the mos recent I can't imagine if i had 20 of each everytime you'd need a filing cabinet. oh more recently i got fromt he dllar store a business card holder this is great for the small ones that seem to get lost in the shuffle.

Name:  coupons 143.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  40.9 KB

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh Torontogal, I tried pretty and that went by the way side. practical and what works...that is what counts. I wish I could do it your way. I need back-up after back-up...yuk... I'm certain allot of members have this system as yours. Very practical and organized as well.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Nice to learn a little about each other. Many thanks for sharing dear.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I could show you mine but it would definitely not be pretty. Everything goes into category envelopes in a shoe box. Except the inserts which stay uncut and stuffed underneath the shoe box. Not glamourous. But it works

The Target stacks go into the categories they would go into normally.
    cheekysaver and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is a great idea cheeky!!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    If it is just target stacks you can use a envie and just paper clip the stacks together... if you use your binders you can dedicate a page to target stacks.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hey super807!

Primitive, not at all, I think we all started like that and strayed...and should probably return to it to be honest (for me anyways). You have an excelent memory that helps with this system, as I mentioned mine has some flaws, and after yesterday reading cheekys post an her casula mention about stacking...I shiver, I'm going to need a trailor to bring my binders to Target and whatever place ...heavy duty suspension on the car and instal one of those little silver balls on the car for the trailor hitch an of course decorate the trailor and then have to decorate the car accordingly...

I have heard stories about not cutting the inserts right away just gets put aside. I am so happy to get them, I mentioned to my friend vjjam that I feel like Demi Moorein Indecent Proposal and am so happy after I get some and they are cut I feel like rolling on the bed with them. Inserts are difficult to find around here unless you are connected and I was not. I feel like I have loads of money and the world is mine...Hey a girl can dream, but to me like all of us it is currancy and the value has several possibilities that can be astonishing. Dreaming can become a reality, I just need to do a little leg-work and hope I have good cashiers and voila...dream realized.

I love your system and if it works for you and it clearly does. Thank you sharing and so nice to learn how we all manage this labour of necessity that converts into a labour of love for our family and friends and charities and fellow members helping one another. Thank you super807!!! Learned allot from your post, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post

The coupons I use go into envelopes that I keep in my purse in categories: Food, Household, and Personal. Coupons are placed in order of expiry date, with the earliest expiries at the front of the envelope.

I have two additional envies: "Expires this month" (all the coupons expiring within the next 30 days go here), and "Planning to use this week" (after I do my shopping list, I find the coupons I want and place them in that envie, so that they are quick and easy to find at the cash).

On most shopping trips, all the envies come with me, as I have learnt that I find good deals that I have coupons to go with that were not in the flyers.

When I get new coupons (in the mail, inserts, find tear pads or receive in a trade), I sort and place the coupons I will use in the envie of the matching category. I do cut out the coupons from inserts that I will be interested in using, as I have learnt that if I don't do that right when I get the insert, it will be lost from sight. The coupons that I won't use, that are extras for trading, I put in a big ziplock freezer bag, to try to keep them all in the same place. As I add them to my trade list (which is about a month behind at this point), I place them into a different ziplock freezer bag, where they are sorted by month of expiry and alphabetically, so that the match the order of my trade list, making them easy to find to send out in a trade.

When I don't stay on top of sorting my coupons right away, I end up with big piles of coupons on my dresser, on the kitchen table and on my bedroom floor (I'm a piler, always have been and drives dh crazy!).

The envelope system works for me, in part because we are a small family - dh, teenager and me - which means that I don't purchase as much as larger families do, which means I have less coupons that I keep, in part because I don't buy a lot of processed food, again reducing how many coupons I keep and in part because I have a good memory for coupons and I know what I have in my stash.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post

This is what I do, and its driving me nuts! I need to find an organizer I can take to the store with me. any ideas? I think I need to look at ebay or find a Canadian seller who makes those coupon holders that clip onto the cart.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

There are so many different ones. You can make one from scratch-If I can find it I will send you the link if you are interested. Dollarama has some and I saw a few nice ones at Walmart. Depending on your needs. When I first started I used a pretty purse of course and it had to be small enough to be practical but big enough for me not to forget...Yikes....and put them in envies or use the envies with titles on them as seperators. Whatever works for you...I have tried a few because I need to be on the ball because most of the time I shop with DH and I need to be organized to find what I want while he is breathing down my neck.
    Let me know if you want the step by step...like I said very easy. Go to ebay to get ideas or even etsy. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    This is what I do, and its driving me nuts! I need to find an organizer I can take to the store with me. any ideas? I think I need to look at ebay or find a Canadian seller who makes those coupon holders that clip onto the cart.

Thread Information