User Tag List

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree828Likes

Thread: Rob Ford Discussion Thread

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the globe and mail is reporting that rob didn't make it to rehab -
    "After announcing he was taking time off to go to rehab, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford boarded a plane to Chicago last Thursday, landed, but then turned around before officially entering the United States.“He voluntarily withdrew his application to enter the USA,” Consul General of Canada in Chicago, Roy Norton, confirmed to The Globe and Mail in an e-mail, saying the Toronto mayor “was not denied entry, per se.”
    complete article:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle18477430/
    ROMEO likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why go to rehab in the states? Is there not a good enough facility here?
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    https://twitter.com/NOliviaWow/statu...227328/photo/1 This person contacted the star and made up story about Ford to see if Star would report with no verification-They Did
    Except that if you read the replies to the post, Robyn Doolittle who works for the Star, said that they didn't report it because the person did not respond so that it could be verified.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    the globe and mail is reporting that rob didn't make it to rehab -
    "After announcing he was taking time off to go to rehab, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford boarded a plane to Chicago last Thursday, landed, but then turned around before officially entering the United States.“He voluntarily withdrew his application to enter the USA,” Consul General of Canada in Chicago, Roy Norton, confirmed to The Globe and Mail in an e-mail, saying the Toronto mayor “was not denied entry, per se.”
    complete article:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle18477430/
    It's not clear that he was going to Chicago to go to rehab. It was just assumed that that was where the rehab was.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Why go to rehab in the states? Is there not a good enough facility here?
    He's got money, he can go anywhere and he may have wanted a break from Canadian media, although the American media hasn't been too kind to him either. Doug said he was going to the "best facility in North America." Not sure if the states is where the "best" one is.
    ROMEO and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Question: Will Rob Ford get re-elected ?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Question: Will Rob Ford get re-elected ?

please gawd NO!
    ROMEO, Dee09 and Candini like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I believe Rob went to Chicago to stay at his brother Doug Ford's home ( he has one there) AND a branch/facility ( ?) of their family business I believe is also there. Maybe he applied to a certain rehab facility and there may have been a waiting list he was put on to enter. ( are there waiting lists ? I have no idea )
    ROMEO and lecale like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I believe Rob went to Chicago to stay at his brother Doug Ford's home ( he has one there) AND a branch/facility ( ?) of their family business I believe is also there. Maybe he applied to a certain rehab facility and there may have been a waiting list he was put on to enter. ( are there waiting lists ? I have no idea )

I believe there are waiting lists even for the most exclusive of rehab facilties.
    walkonby likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
    heartgirl99, ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ROMEO and Candini like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Kind of like Elvis, Rob Ford sightings everywhere
    heartgirl99 and ROMEO like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A lot of speculation that Ford is not in rehab. The various sightings as well as the fact that apparently he's made phone calls to a reporter, his brother, a few city council members and is returning constituent calls while in rehab and says that rehab is "amazing" are fueling the belief that he is not in rehab. I know many rehab centres are relaxing phone call conversation rules but the idea that he had an interview with a media outlet (which he then later said in another interview that the doctors scolded him for the first interview) and is returning constitutent calls is quite suspect. A friend of mine had several visits to rehab and during those stays he was usually allowed incredibly limited phone calls to family and friends within the first 2 weeks, which was relaxed a bit afterward. I've never heard anyone say that rehab was amazing, rehab is not like football camp, like he has suggested. Regardless of whether he is actually is or is not in rehab, he is clearly not taking it seriously. He needs to disconnect from these things and focus on the beginning of his recovery. (Which, by the way, as Doug Ford's comments seem to suggest, he doesn't seem to understand that a stint in rehab does not cure alcoholism or addiction). The media needs to leave him alone, but at the same time, if he's calling media outlets from rehab, he's opening himself up to this kind of scrutiny, which is not what he needs.

There have been a lot of calls for the Fords to disclose where he is and for once I agree with Doug that for the privacy and safety of other patients it is best not to know. On the other hand, I get why people want to know. These two have done nothing but lie so with all the above, the doubts that have been cast on this whole situation is justified, at least in my opinion. Is a stunt to garner support? Only they know. Polls did suggest that when the first video came out, he'd have support if he went to rehab. He refused and his support started to decline (obviously not just from the video), so maybe when this second video came out, they decided to do (or at least appear to do) what people thought he should have done last time.
    Last edited by trishka; Thu, May 8th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, lecale and 1 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    So to think that Ford was able to wander away himself to the Tim Hortons to pick up a cup of fully caffeinated joe...no way! You aren't allowed far enough away from the doors with a smoke to meet the bylaw requirements, on your own, and caffeine is against the rules.
    But it was Doug Ford at the Tims handing out shirts and taking pictures. Because at this point people can't tell the difference between the two of them, right?
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, lecale and 1 others like this.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information