User Tag List

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree828Likes

Thread: Rob Ford Discussion Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    For the record that is a weed pipe not a crack pipe he was holding in that photo. Both Chow and Justin Trudeau have said they smoked pot and don't think it should be illegal. Will the globe go after them? Will they correct the mistake and mention its a weed pipe ( you know, for marijuana)? I doubt it
    I did not know that about the pipe.
    Of course no one will go after Trudeau, for he is Liberal, nor after Chow, an NDP. Seems as though only Conservatives are "fair game"... As usual
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, May 4th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Of course no one will go after Trudeau, for he is Liberal, nor after Chow, an NDP. Seems as though only Conservatives are "fair game"... As usual

Believe me they go after Trudeau here(especially the french press), his family name stirs up just as much hatred as other parts of the country. Actually maybe more so here. As for Chow, not relevant here.
    Insane likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    For the record that is a weed pipe not a crack pipe he was holding in that photo.
    I shall bow to your superior knowledge as to how the hip young things smoke thier drug of choice. In my day it was in Rizzla papers or a bong for MJ.. Neither cocaine nor Crack was part of our experience..

Both Chow and Justin Trudeau have said they smoked pot and don't think it should be illegal. Will the globe go after them? Will they correct the mistake and mention its a weed pipe ( you know, for marijuana)? I doubt it
    I'm not sure which arguement you are trying to use here. Are you going for Two Wrongs, appeal to motive or tu quoque ? But going for the kindergartener's "Please Miss, they did it too" excuse doesn't work in an adult to adult interaction.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

As I have no dog in this fight ...If either you or Gryphon feel that there is a miscarriage of justice, why don't either of you register a complaint at the local police station and ask that they investiagte Mr Trudeau or Ms Chow for using MJ along-side Mr Ford who has already admitted to using crack in the past

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I shall bow to your superior knowledge as to how the hip young things smoke thier drug of choice. In my day it was in Rizzla papers or a bong for MJ.. Neither cocaine nor Crack was part of our experience..

I'm not sure which arguement you are trying to use here. Are you going for Two Wrongs, appeal to motive or tu quoque ? But going for the kindergartener's "Please Miss, they did it too" excuse doesn't work in an adult to adult interaction.
    My point is, if they are going to criticize him for something they should be fair and balanced and criticized others who do the same. Not Take photos of him using a weed pipe and lie that it is a crack pipe
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sadly that photo was taken by a drug dealer ( who Rob sometimes calls his " friends " ) so gryphon although I have no idea what the pipe in the picture is actually used for the point is this time he really is not being targeted or treated unfairly, even I can accept that the man fell from grace ages ago. Just all of us hope that he will be able fix his physical, mental, and emotional health.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Patty Smyth and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Just a reminder to keep this civil (at least against other members)

And to be fair, the media here are not huge fans of the Liberals anymore, they may not go after Trudeau (although I seem to remember him getting slammed just for a poster they felt put women back 100 years) but they are hardly fans of Wynne.

As for calling it a weed pipe, could he have had weed in it, certainly but he also could have had anything in it. No media is fair and balanced, there are both right and left wing media - fact of life
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:44 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Rob Ford is a shame, an embarrassment, a fat sweaty slob, a cartoon, a crackhead.

But if this is the kind of person that you think perfectly represents you, go ahead and vote for the cracker.
    Sadly, he is the best of a very pathetic lot of candidates.

I voted for Ford in the previous election. His only real opponent was Smitherman, a former crack addict who was abusive towards staff and was responsible for a billion dollar scandal in the government.

Smitherman is now one of Olivia Chow's staunch supporters, so I cannot in good conscience vote for her (among other reasons). David Soknacki is in his own little world (even Ford will wear a suit to a high level meeting, not this fellow - capri pants work for girls, not so much for male executives). Karen Stintz was chair of a committee overseeing Toronto's transit system - she went on a reality show, claiming to run the system and spent city money giving bonuses to well-paid employees for doing their jobs. Last (and in my mind least) is John Tory - I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers his callous remarks about negative billing when he was at Rogers (something along the lines of anyone who is too stupid to not opt out of the payment deserves to be charged - this, even though the billing options were never made public!). I will also never forgive Tory for wanting to destroy the Cinesphere - I have relatives & friends in Europe, some of whom have experienced the IMAX flicks some who haven't, who all still ask about that interesting "ball" on the water.

So, I'm left wondering who to vote for. At one point, I wanted to fun a FB campaign to allow Quincy cat to run (silly rules disqualify him, grrr, even though he`s more of a Torontonian than our previous mayor who had little connection to the city ), since he would likely be the most honest candidate in the running.
    Last edited by Andit; Mon, May 5th, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
    Natalka, lecale and walkonby like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I know of at least 3 incidents here in Toronto that would have made front page news had a Conservative politician been involved (dicey land deals, long term leases without tenders, a liaison with a prostitute), but no media bothered to cover this. Actually, it was a journalist who told me about one of the scandals and lamented that his editor wouldn`t let him cover the story (gotta love events where liquor flows freely and loosens lips ).
    Natalka likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Sadly, he is the best of a very pathetic lot of candidates.

I voted for Ford in the previous election. His only real opponent was Smitherman, a former crack addict who was abusive towards staff and was responsible for a billion dollar scandal in the government.

Smitherman is now one of Olivia Chow's staunch supporters, so I cannot in good conscience vote for her (among other reasons). David Soknacki is in his own little world (even Ford will wear a suit to a high level meeting, not this fellow - capri pants work for girls, not so much for male executives). Karen Stintz was chair of a committee overseeing Toronto's transit system - she went on a reality show, claiming to run the system and spent city money giving bonuses to well-paid employees for doing their jobs. Last (and in my mind least) is John Tory - I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers his callous remarks about negative billing when he was at Rogers (something along the lines of anyone who is too stupid to not opt out of the payment deserves to be charged - this, even though the billing options were never made public!). I will also never forgive Tory for wanting to destroy the Cinesphere - I have relatives & friends in Europe, some of whom have experienced the IMAX flicks some who haven't, who all still ask about that interesting "ball" on the water.

So, I'm left wondering who to vote for. At one point, I wanted to fun a FB campaign to allow Quincy cat to run (silly rules disqualify him, grrr, even though he`s more of a Torontonian than our previous mayor who had little connection to the city ), since he would likely be the most honest candidate in the running.
    Quincy would have my vote
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://twitter.com/NOliviaWow/statu...227328/photo/1 This person contacted the star and made up story about Ford to see if Star would report with no verification-They Did

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information