• 1 Post By r0c0upons
  • 3 Post By LDgurl
  • 1 Post By francine1985
  • 1 Post By hockeylover

Thread: Why I Won't Shop at Newegg.ca

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

What a terrible and infuriatingexperience I had today with newegg.ca!

I will never shop there again, which isa big loss considering the vast majority of my shopping (aside frommost grocery) is done online.

I really wanted to get my brothersPS4s, so I stayed up until midnight last night (not an easy feat whenyou have a 4 month old who averages an hour of sleep at a time) andactually found some released at that time at newegg! I was pumped! So I put in my order, waited for my confirmation, read it, and thenwent to bed.

This morning, the baby had anappointment about an hour and half away, so I got up, checked myemail and the site to ensure all was good with the order, then wentabout my day. Had any error been reported, I would have headed outto a brick and mortar retailer, and stood in line for it (or I wouldhave sent the hubby to)!

So imagine my surprise, anger, andblatant outrage when I got home at about 4pm to find out that newegghad cancelled my order, and since they had cancelled it, they did notpermit re-submission of the order. Of course, by this time theconsoles I had ordered were resold and the site had non-left, so Icouldn't even put in a new order..

I immediately called the company andspoke to a customer service agent who was quite pleasant and triedher best to figure out what was wrong. After being put on holdnumerous times for her to consult with management, she informed methat they couldn't figure out what happened and apologized.

While she did all she could, it stillwasn't enough and I asked to speak with a manager. With the managerI was much more firm and assertive, as I believe it is unfair to beanything but polite to front line workers – they only get paidminimum wage or slightly more at best, which is not enough to put upwith angry customers.

The manager looked into the situationand again came up short as to why the order was cancelled. He musedthat it had to do with the verification department finding adiscrepancy between my credit card information and the information onfile with the bank. This is the same card I use daily to shop onlineand the exact same auto-filled information.

Regardless, the most he could do waswrite a memo to the Verification Department, and if the informationmatched, I would get the systems at the same price I had originallypurchased them for... when they got the systems in stock again.

So I guess I'm supposed to wait andhope the same (or some other) error wouldn't happen!

This is completely substandard serviceand as result I told them to forget it and I would hope to get themon the next release date elsewhere.

Considering how much I purchase online,they have lost a considerable profit, and I'm ticked for the terribleservice and not getting the system on release day!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Newegg
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm sorry the order didn't go as planned I have had something similar happen with Best Buy when they were selling playbooks a couple of years ago. I hope you find one elsewhere in the meantime.
    spanishpoet likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Thanks!
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

you're an awesome sibling!!!!!

congrats on the new addition to your family :D!
    spanishpoet likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

While that was definitely a crappy situation, it may have been a blessing in disguise. Apparently there is a problem with the HDMI on all of the released PS4s and a lot of people who bought them are finding they are unable to use them at all (One of the guys I work with bought his yesterday morning, got it home and couldn't use it at all. By the time he took it back to the store they were sold out). Apparently they are in the process of fixing it but they aren't sure yet when it will be fixed. Maybe you could give him a gift card that would cover the price of it once the fixed version is released. I know it's not the same and it doesn't fix the way you were treated but it's a thought. Good luck

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LDgurl View Post
    While that was definitely a crappy situation, it may have been a blessing in disguise. Apparently there is a problem with the HDMI on all of the released PS4s and a lot of people who bought them are finding they are unable to use them at all (One of the guys I work with bought his yesterday morning, got it home and couldn't use it at all. By the time he took it back to the store they were sold out). Apparently they are in the process of fixing it but they aren't sure yet when it will be fixed. Maybe you could give him a gift card that would cover the price of it once the fixed version is released. I know it's not the same and it doesn't fix the way you were treated but it's a thought. Good luck

i agree with giving a giftcard to cover the cost. but i would buy it from walmart of futureshop. that way they can get the "fixed system" but arent givingany business to newegg.
    spanishpoet likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's unreal...you would think after you get the confirmation there is not issue. PS4's will be hard to get your hands on too. I know Best Buy (where I work) is allowing us to have customers pre-order them again (if the customers ask, its not advertised). The downside is pre-ordering does not guarantee when the customer gets it or whether its before Christmas, just that as we get some, one will be put aside for the customers, in the order of pre-order time. and pre-orders are a $50 deposit. Let me know if you've got any questions, I don't think that ramble will make much sense
    spanishpoet likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Thanks hockeylover! I appreciate the info and will definitely check out BestBuy next!

Thread Information