User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: wisdom tooth extraction

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had wisdom tooth extraction done, too much suffering. Thank god that we have pain killers, but still too much discomfort. If there is shot we can get for preventing wisdom teeth growth for kids, I would have my children get it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time

I got mine done when I was 19, on December 22nd. Surprisingly I was up the next day baking cookies and was able to eat Christmas dinner on the 25th. Shockingly I had no swelling or bruising, and really no pain - which is unusual because I'm a redhead, and for whatever reason we tend to be more susceptible to bruising/swelling/bleeding.

My biggest issue was the stitches! I could NOT keep my darn tongue away from them.

Feel better soon, so you can enjoy the holidays!
    pippinelkhound and i_forget like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If you need stronger pain killer, do ask your dentist / surgeon for it. I hope you get better soon, mine wasn't too bad but I recall suffering from a lot of anxiety before having them removed.

As much as I hate seeing dentist, I am thankful that they exist...imagine having a toothache without any dentist.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have never, ever had a tooth removed. Still have all my wisdom teeth. I can't imagine what that feels like. Feel better soon!!
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hear you- for me personally I would put that pain on the same level as early labour pains but you don't even get a baby out of the deal! Amazing how some people breeze through one or the other without too much pain and others really feel it. Hope you feel better soon. I seem to remember counting down the minutes until I could take my next dose of Tylenol 3 after all 4 of mine were taken out when I was about 30.
    Insane likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still have all 4 of mine. No problems ever with them.

My eldest had his out with regular freezing. A couple of Tylenol 3 and he was fine.

My youngest(19) still has all 4 and no problems.

It just seems this is a problem I've heard about in the last 25 years. I don't remember my friends even talking about them when I was young.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had 7 teeth pulled all at once, if you are having pain after 1-2 days go back and have it checked out I was fine the day after surgery then the next day the pain started and it was bad I went back and they gave me stronger pain killers and antibiotics. If it's really bad you might have a dry socket and they can fill it.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Having a baggie with ice under a towel did not help during recovery (felt like freezer burn). Liquid Tylenol with codeine did (was able to drop off to sleep). Took two days to get to point where mashed veggies were more appealing than soup or soda. Being upright was a limited time novelty-up long enough to get some liquid into me or just walk a bit then back to bed.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled almost 2 years ago. WORST 2 weeks of my life! I was on prescription pain meds for about a week then I moved to Tylenol 3 for a few days then I could finally handle just taking advil. Keep an ice pack on your cheeks, that helped me. Sleep propped up on a pillow as well...I found this helped so much bc when I would go to lay down all the pressure would go straight to my teeth. Hope you heel fast!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

They gave me too much medication to knock me out so when I woke up I was looped. I remember bits and pieces of the drive home. I remember getting home to go upstairs and couldn`t lift my legs properly (or at all for that matter) my mother and uncle had to help me so I didn`t fall over the staircase LOL

They gave me 30 tabs of percocet for the week and I did just super duper. Healed up fine with no issues.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    I had wisdom tooth extraction done, too much suffering. Thank god that we have pain killers, but still too much discomfort. If there is shot we can get for preventing wisdom teeth growth for kids, I would have my children get it.
    Keep on rinsing your mouth with warm salt water and do some mouth exercises, it will reduce the swelling and pain a lot , and your jaw won't lockup

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had all 4 removed about 5 years ago, I don't know what med they gave me before hand, but I fell asleep during the procedure which is wonderful since I hate the dentist. Teeth were pulled 2 days before my birthday. Day of extraction I ate pizza for supper (6 hours after procedure) and ate steak on my birthday. Had little swelling, but 1.5 weeks afterwards had dry socket in 1 and had it resolved. Hope you feel better soon.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I had all 5 wisdom teeth taken last year. (I had an extra) Everyone said I'd drop all this weight because i couldn't eat but I was hungry ALL the time. My jaw was sore and stiff for about a week. My biggest problem was food getting caught in the stitch area.. So gross! I was afraid to knock the stitches but ended up going back to the dentist and getting a syringe to clean it.

Also T3 do not work for me. They make my anxiety so terrible. I ended up cutting them out and just taking ibuprofen. It was worth the breakthrough pain not to take them.

Good luck with everything and know this will pass and you'll be glad he suckers are gone.
    Last edited by SarahS83; Fri, Dec 20th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shockingly I had no swelling or bruising, and really no pain - which is unusual because I'm a redhead, and for whatever reason we tend to be more susceptible to bruising/swelling/bleeding.
    I was a dental assistant to a dental surgeon (all our patients were put under general anesthetic, i.e. fully asleep) and I can tell you that redheads almost always required special handling. LOL Glad your experience was positive.

FreeFreeFree....I hope you're feeling better now. Don't know if your wisdom teeth were impacted, but the pain from extraction can be excruciating. I feel bad too, for people who develop pain from wisdom teeth. Some dentists will extract a tooth to make room for them. Dental pain is wicked.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got mine pulled a few years ago, mine were not impacted so I wasn't in much pain afterwards, I did develop dry socket after 48hrs which was very painful, but what was worse is the stuff they use to treat the dry socket, boy was that stuff ever horrible tasting -_- yuck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information