• 5 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 3 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Mamaelmo
  • 3 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By idonovan
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By canadascouponeer

Thread: SO PISSED - Rogers screwed us over again.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So last month we dumped Rogers for Koodo after being told by quite a few people both in-store and on their customer service phone line/instant messaging that it was approximately $20/month left on the contract per phone to cancel early. Apparently this is not the case. They just charged us A HUNDRED DOLLARS PER PHONE PLUS A FULL MONTH'S USAGE.

According to the internet, it's an automatic $100 minimum for early cancellation. NOBODY TOLD US THAT.

So we had a $100+ credit from the last round of horse crap they did to us, so they expect us to pay $130 on top of it to cancel in late November when the contract expires in February.

Advice? I'm going to talk to customer service tomorrow but everyone I talked to was RUDE as all hell last time, so I have a feeling it's going to get put to the ombudsman to fix. I am so beyond cheesed right now.

Rogers is a horrible, horrible company.
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)
    Last edited by Chantel; Wed, Dec 18th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel, so if you port out your number the 30 days starts from the day you port out the number, it's written into your contract and is the same with any phone company you are on contract with. Don't think you'll be able to get around that, no matter how much you complain.
    As for the ecf, I believe it is 20/mo to a max of 400.00 with a minimum of 100.00 regardless of how much time is left, again that's written into your contract so the only way you will have any luck arguing that is if you recorded the calls(calls are ONLY recorded for quality purposes and normally only kept for 14 days) or have a copy of the online chat, or someone noted on your account that they told you that it would be 20/mo to cancel the account.
    Good luck, hopefully they'll honour what you were told.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Rogers is a horrible, horrible company.
    I guess this is why some people call them Robbers instead of Rogers

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My mom had the exact same thing happen with Virgin. She called them had everything worked out to cancel and get rid of her Blackberry and change to an Iphone. It was not until they tried to activate her Iphone that everything went to crap. All of a sudden instead of paying $120 to cancel she was being told it would be over $400, now by this point they had cancelled her Blackberry so she had no choice as to reactivate it she would still have to pay all the cancellation plus the reactivation plus her plan was no longer available so her monthly bills would go up and she would have to sign a new contract for at least 2 years.

It was a mess in the end, they ended up getting it down to $260 some how and she paid that to walk away from Virgin.
    ticul likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If the regular steps of calling don't help, tweet them. They answer when you complain publicly. Haven't needed to do it personally but I watch their Twitter feed and see that people get results
    Tweets77, r0c0upons and ticul like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Rogers sucks butt, I've been calling them for the past three months now for my daughters cell phone she should have data blocked on her phone and she can use it. They keep telling me they will fix it and call me back in a few days well Im getting fed up with them they still havent fixed it.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Color me a rainbow of surprised. Rogers ACTUALLY helped me. I told them nobody had mentioned the minimum to me, took it to a manager and he said they'd offer me $20 per month per cancelled line with no minimum. Sold!

Still will probably not go back to rogers ever, but considering this parting was a little less sour than the rest of our interactions, I may not seethe every time I think of them!
    walkonby, Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Rogers was a nightmare when i claimed bankruptcy my solution was the BBB that make it all go away!
    ticul likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yup Rogers and Bell are way up there when it comes to stuff like that.

Sometimes CRTC helps if you feel that Robbers or Bell has done anything illegal .

Their contracts have to follow certain CRTC guidelines , if you think something wrong was done or the guidelines were not followed , you can get a refund ..but if their contract follows all the guidelines generally you are out of luck

Always read with a magnifying glass..lol.. and ask lot of questions when dealing with these two.
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

OP I'm glad you got the issue resolved to your satisfaction. Way to go.

I've had bell mobility for 13 years and have ever only had 1 issue that was resolved fairly quickly.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That bites! I'm glad the manager was able to help out.

I was with Koodo and very happy. The only reason I cancelled was due to poor coverage in my Province. Otherwise no problems. I thought about signing up with Rogers. If I bring my own unlocked device, 10 percent off monthly bill, no contract. Or go on prepaid by the minute. However after hearing the above and from others who have been unhappy, I'm not signing up with them. I'm considering SpeakOut (7-11) which runs on Rogers towers or MTS.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    Rogers sucks butt, I've been calling them for the past three months now for my daughters cell phone she should have data blocked on her phone and she can use it. They keep telling me they will fix it and call me back in a few days well Im getting fed up with them they still havent fixed it.
    When I was using my old plan where text received is no longer included (due to their policy changes)...I asked them to block text messages..and they never did...I actually got pretty good response back from their customer reps with ref numbers~ lol....$25 dollars worth of texts adjusted and refunded back to me...It is just annoying..but hey..free services~ just need to have the right mood and free time to give them calls....which I used to have when I was a student....

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

It seems as many of these telecom companies (not just rogers) have mastered the art of telling only half the story. All the customer service agents are trained to deflect and only tell you exactly what you ask, never anything more. Unfortunately, as a customer it is up to you to be diligent and look up all the policies yourself, as nobody will ever tell you the whole truth. It is unfortunate that things have become this way, but that's just the way it is. It disgusts me whenever I call and speak to a customer service agent they would actively try to hide the full details, when I full well know the whole story already. I have found it more effective to use the live chat than to call the hot line because when you chat you can save the chat so that way at least someone can be held accountable whereas through the phone its always the he said she said ordeal. If you feel like a agent is not helping you properly don't hesitate to ask for their manager, make it clear that you are not playing with them.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    If the regular steps of calling don't help, tweet them. They answer when you complain publicly. Haven't needed to do it personally but I watch their Twitter feed and see that people get results
    or on their facebook page...seems to get some action around here!

Thread Information