User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: How some people park their cars!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just got back from shopping at Zehrs, when I returned to my van after completing my shopping I discovered that a new car was parked next to me (well over the line into my space) and I physcially could not get the door open enough to get into the driver's seat. I am now past my due date (2 days over) and at 9 months pregnant it becomes a tight squeeze.

This person parked so horribly, over the line into my spot, on an angle with the back of their car hanging out into the aisle. I immediately went into the store to have the owner paged via their license plate and car description. I waited and waited at customer service and the driver did not show up. After waiting more than 15 minutes (and having the page announced twice), I returned to my van and had to crawl through the front passenger seat into the driver's seat.

I could see my van from customer service and did not see anyone come out to that car, but as soon as I had crawled through I noticed that the lovely person had fixed their parking job. Too cowardly to offer any kind of apology to me at customer service. What is wrong with people ???
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail, Zehrs
    Natalka and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I hear you! I have had the same thing happen to me at the bank with my disabled mother.....some people!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It's just awful.

And what an experience at 9 months pregnant
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I loved the Facebook picture I saw with a nasty note to a stupid Parker with a condom attached suggesting that they not procreate due to their stupidity of parking....would have been great for you being prego and ticked off....oh well, hope the rest of your day was better
    Angela273 and GatineauGirl like this.
    ....just be happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I went to nearly 43 weeks with DD......thankfully I don't remember many details but I do remember having trouble going from standing to sitting or sitting to standing at the end. I can't imagine climbing through a passenger side door!

BTW congratulations!!!!!!! Babies are such incredible blessings!!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Thu, Jan 16th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, that's tough enough to deal with not being pregnant!

Hope you are feeling okay, and I wish you all the best with delivery!

Looking forward to the baby brag, and some posts in the Parents section!
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ok i'll start by saying i admit i don't know my license plate number lol but aside from that thats horrible.. i hate when people do that i am always tempted to leave a note on that car with the message "you should go back to Kindergarten and learn to stay between the lines" if you can't FIT in the spot go try another spot i often pass up spaces that i feel are just too tight for my liking (and i drive a car BUT i need to fully open my door to get my child out of the back seat) if it was me i'd be considering going in a third time and asking them to announce "this is the third time we're calling if you don't come move your car we will tow your car" i'm pretty sure the person would come running out then

i remember a bad one on christmas eve that i ranted about.. a truck took up two spots (fairly obviously he wasn't just a tire over the line but probably a quarter of the truck) and the sad thing was it was for a business if your going to be a arsehole don't do it in a business truck!
    Angela273 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry this happened to you. I park like a di*k on purpose. Too many of the people you described used to park beside me, banging up my doors. So I now park in the most remote corner of the lot and take up 2- spots. My DH complains that he needs to call a cab to get him to the store from where I park. So I know that I am not jamming other cars in, just trying to protect mine.
    harbie, Angela273 and Midnightly like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As IF! I read your post, and then headed to work earlier today. When I left work there was a vehicle parked EXACTLY as you've described right next to my car. I contemplated leaving a note but decided to let it go. Not worth stressing, but so annoying! Learn to park you JERK! Lol.
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh that really sucks. But I do hope that your baby arrives soon and you are both safe and healthy.

Last night I drove to Sobeys to get a prescription filled for our 16month old son for tonsillitis. I was quite peeved to find a grocery shopping cart parked in the middle of the wheelchair parking spot that I wanted to use. I have a wheelchair accessible sign for my vehicle because of my health issues. It is really icy here and I needed to carry LO into the store with me. I had to get out of my vehicle to move the shopping cart and park there. It was pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I sent an e-mail to my local police station with a photo of one of thier cars parked diagonally across 4 spaces...
    Angela273 and wolfwoman like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Oh that really sucks. But I do hope that your baby arrives soon and you are both safe and healthy.

Last night I drove to Sobeys to get a prescription filled for our 16month old son for tonsillitis. I was quite peeved to find a grocery shopping cart parked in the middle of the wheelchair parking spot that I wanted to use. I have a wheelchair accessible sign for my vehicle because of my health issues. It is really icy here and I needed to carry LO into the store with me. I had to get out of my vehicle to move the shopping cart and park there. It was pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

I know some disabled people like to find a cart close to the parking spaces and will leave theirs next to the space in case some-one else needs the help to walk in icy weather but they don't leave it in the middle of the spot.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oh, I have felt your pain! When I was 9 months pregnant (with my 10 pound daughter) the same thing happened to me. I have to admit that I was ticked off enough to take the time to write a nasty note and made my then 13 year old sister get out of the car (because I'd had to crawl in the passenger side, lol), to put under their windshield. AND I was parked in the "for expectant mothers" stall too!~
    Angela273 likes this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I was parking at Walmart one day, and a car pulled up right beside me on the passenger side almost touching my door. He ended up sliding across and getting out his passengers side. At first I thought he was kidding. What....I quickly jumped out and yelled, " Mom don't open your door. You will put a big dent in that mans car like you did the other day smashing it trying to get out when someone parked too close. Hang on and I'll move my car." Well you have never seen a man run back so fast to move his car. LOL. The parking lot was nearly empty. I was still laughing when I helped my Mom out of the car. She said, " Oh, you. I've never dented anyones car before but I knew what you were to. You should have seen the look on his face "

I"m sorry you had to go through that. Some people just have no common sense. Wishing you all the very best with the arrival of your little one
    Last edited by Scottishgal; Sat, Jan 18th, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Angela273 and couponkrystal like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the same thing happen to me at the movies. I'm disabled, needing crutches or a cane to get around. I was parked in a handicapped space with my handicapped pass easily visible. I parked nicely, with proper space on either side of the car. I went to see a movie with my 7 month pregnant friend and came back to a car snuggled so closely beside mine Kate Moss wouldn't have been able to get into the driver's side.
    because of my lack of mobility, I had to get my pregnant friend to go in the passenger side and over the console to the driver's side and move the car for me. I seriously contemplated keying the guy's car, the only thing that stopped me was there were cameras everywhere. And I'm not the type to do something like that normally.. I was just furious. And because it was at the movies i couldn't get the butthead paged or anything. I was livid.

A few years ago, before I became disabled, I parked at our local Extra Foods with my mother. It was in the middle of a Winnipeg winter. And anybody who has snowy weather knows that in a parking lot in winter there are no visible lines for spots anymore. You basically just park using common sense and common courtesy.
    We went into the store, got our stuff and when we came out, a car was parked right smack dab next to mine. So close that there was no way I could ever get to the door let alone open the driver's door.
    I yelled out loud "For f's sake! REALLY?" and the woman who parked beside me was just getting out of her car. Before I could even state why I was mad, she snootily said to me that she was "parked between the lines". Which to me tells me that she was aware she was too close.. because I hadn't even said a WORD about why I was mad and she already had a response ready.
    I told her it was Winnipeg in winter, THERE ARE NO LINES and how did she expect me to get into my car? I asked her to move her car, she refused. She then went into the store. I had to crawl over the passenger side to get over to the driver's side and move the car. I left a note on her window telling her she needed some driving lessons, parking lessons, etiquette lessons and to learn the world doesn't revolve around her. I'm sure it didn't do a darn bit of good in changing her, but it did make me feel better.
    Angela273 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information