User Tag List

Page 103 of 536 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 8030
Like Tree22176Likes

Thread: Official Target Unadvertised Clearance Red Sticker Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I noticed clearance tags (put over the price tags) on different varieties of Perrier water and other flavored waters (they were in 4 or 6 packs...didnt pay attn to the brands). There were no stickers on the bottles though, but they scanned for less than the price tag (94 cents for large Perrier bottle). I wonder if they put up the tags now instead of stickering everything?
    Was hoping to find LED lightbulbs but no luck...

I did score 3 John Frieda products ($2.63 each), just in time to use the 10$ coupon WUB3. I also grabbed a water bottle. My final total was 9.97$, the computer system only took out $8.85 from the coupon and it said that I had to pay 1.15$
    This made no sense since the pre-tax total of the John Frieda would have been 7.89 and with tax it would have been just over 9$, so I can't figure out what happened. Any thoughts?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Apr 18th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks.
    Was the Perrier in plastic or glass bottles. Thank you.
    I saw it in a glass bottle in Target on Yonge St. in Thornhill
    Shwa Girl and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by acosta View Post
    I saw it in a glass bottle in Target on Yonge St. in Thornhill
    Ditto - glass bottles
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Apr 18th, 2014 at 01:20 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I noticed clearance tags (put over the price tags) on different varieties of Perrier water and other flavored waters (they were in 4 or 6 packs...didnt pay attn to the brands). There were no stickers on the bottles though, but they scanned for less than the price tag (94 cents for large Perrier bottle). I wonder if they put up the tags now instead of stickering everything?
    Was hoping to find LED lightbulbs but no luck...

I did score 3 John Frieda products ($2.63 each), just in time to use the 10$ coupon WUB3. I also grabbed a water bottle. My final total was 9.97$, the computer system only took out $8.85 from the coupon and it said that I had to pay 1.15$
    This made no sense since the pre-tax total of the John Frieda would have been 7.89 and with tax it would have been just over 9$, so I can't figure out what happened. Any thoughts?
    Is it possible that they taxed the water as well? I've seen (at other stores) taxes put on stuff that I didn't think should be taxed...maybe this happened here, too? (and what's the tax rate in your province?)
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Apr 18th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Bristol board/project boards what ever you call it .29 for most colors including neon ones.

This stuff
    Oh I so so so so so my location drops the price on these! My kids seem to go through these like water for school projects. Checked last week, only the yard sale signs were on clearance.

Found school glue for $0.22, water colour paints for $0.44, Crayola washable bold markers for about $1.46 (WOOT) and Westcott kid's scissors for $0.56 (ages 6+) and $1.85 or something like that (ages 8+).
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    Is it possible that they taxed the water as well? I've seen (at other stores) taxes put on stuff that I didn't think should be taxed...maybe this happened here, too? (and what's the tax rate in your province?)
    In Ontario we have 15% taxes (ugh!), so...
    3 x 2.63 = 9.07 (incl tax)
    1 x .94 (Perrier) = 1.08 (incl tax)
    total: 10.15...which is different from my total of 9.97$

The cashier played around with the numbers thinking that since the total was less than the coupon value it messed things up. Even by adjusting the total to 10$ exactly, the coupon would still ring in at 8.xx$
    Very confusing for all of us involved (at this point there was myself, the cashier, a CS rep and a guy via walkie talkie), especially since they werent able to override anything.

**There is a happy ending though, I got everything for free in the end. Just trying to figure out how the cash register decided to automatically change the value of my coupon to something random. It's the first time I have encountered this.

The government taxes "sins". So water with nothing in it, not taxed.
    Water with sugar and flavours = 'sins' so they tax it.
    Water with carbonation is a luxury, so they tax it.

It's a mystery how they decide.
    That is interesting...at this point I assume everything is taxable haha
    Last edited by d.ot; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    Oh I so so so so so my location drops the price on these! My kids seem to go through these like water for school projects. Checked last week, only the yard sale signs were on clearance.

Found school glue for $0.22, water colour paints for $0.44, Crayola washable bold markers for about $1.46 (WOOT) and Westcott kid's scissors for $0.56 (ages 6+) and $1.85 or something like that (ages 8+).
    Of course I bought the glue, water colours, and scissors last week!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    In Ontario we have 15% taxes (ugh!), so...
    3 x 2.63 = 9.07 (incl tax)
    1 x .94 (Perrier) = 1.08 (incl tax)
    total: 10.15...which is different from my total of 9.97$

The cashier played around with the numbers thinking that since the total was less than the coupon value it messed things up. Even by adjusting the total to 10$ exactly, the coupon would still ring in at 8.xx$
    Very confusing for all of us involved (at this point there was myself, the cashier, a CS rep and a guy via walkie talkie), especially since they werent able to override anything.

**There is a happy ending though, I got everything for free in the end. Just trying to figure out how the cash register decided to automatically change the value of my coupon to something random. It's the first time I have encountered this.

That is interesting...at this point I assume everything is taxable haha
    Taxes are only 13% in Ontario.

3 John Frieda + 1 Perrier = $8.83
    $8.83 x .13 = $1.1479 (which will round to $1.15)

Target doesn't do overage (it was nice that the coupon covered your water!), so you're left paying the taxes.

From the Target coupon policy:

• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The government taxes "sins". So water with nothing in it, not taxed.
    Water with sugar and flavours = 'sins' so they tax it.
    Water with carbonation is a luxury, so they tax it.

It's a mystery how they decide.
    Yeah--any carbonated beverage is taxed, as are all beverages with less than 25% by volume natural fruit juices etc, excluding milk. Despite this, the 100% pure apple juice that I had purchased at Zellers last year was taxed. Wha??? *rolls eyes* Wasn't about to argue with a company that was already making a last ditch effort to bring in some cash. I was hoping Target wouldn't stoop to this level LOL!
    Anyway, we've long since figured out that that's where the OOP came from. All taxes, straight back to the government!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Jesus saves!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newf2k View Post
    Of course I bought the glue, water colours, and scissors last week!
    NOOOOOOOOOO! Y'know, if your location still has some on the shelf and they have been further reduced (the markdown schedule from store to store is a mystery to me), you could buy them at the reduced price and return what you've just purchased with your higher priced receipt. Target does returns on clearance items!
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.
    Jesus saves!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, time for me to stock up on bristol board.

Yeah, I have been buying the clearance school supplies for weeks. I always do price adjustments when their clearance items are further reduced. My store is actually really nice about it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Taxes are only 13% in Ontario.

3 John Frieda + 1 Perrier = $8.83
    $8.83 x .13 = $1.1479 (which will round to $1.15)

Target doesn't do overage (it was nice that the coupon covered your water!), so you're left paying the taxes.

From the Target coupon policy:

• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
    Thank you so much for clarifying this! I'm a Mtl import, so my brain is still stuck on 15% taxes
    dizzyb and luckbealady like this.

Page 103 of 536 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast

Thread Information