User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Target Rant

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

These are the coupons that I was trying to use.
    6 x $3 Van Houtte coupons.
    4 x $2 coupon on any CoverGirl product.
    4 x $2 coupon on any CoverGirl lip product.
    8 x $2 target coupon on any CoverGirl product.
    All coupons say "Limit one coupon per purchase."
    Cashier did not know how to put in coupons so a supervisor came over. She said it's one coupon per person and even if I went in and out of the store, I cannot use the remainder of my coupons. I had DH and DD with me so was able to do 3 of each on one transaction. Their policy is limit of 4 manufacturer's coupon per transaction. I think I'm going to complain on their Facebook page and see what response I get. I should get a faster reply than an email, right?
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Both their FB page and email customer service are AWFUL. I once tried 7x to just find out where I could buy a product they were advertising. They ignored me 6x and then finally replied with a non-answer from head office

Was the manager there? That has been the best route for me.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've had issues with printed coupons lately - first they weren't sure if they accepted them. Then they only let me use three (instead of the four I wanted to use).

For your 6x and 8x coupons though, this is from their coupon policy under Manufacturer and Target coupons (so I believe it would cover both):

• Limit of four identical coupons per household, per day, unless otherwise noted on the coupon.

My understanding of this is that your limited to the 4, even if the coupon just says one per purchase. The difference would be if the coupon said one per person, in which case of course only one should be accepted.
    Shwa Girl and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

today I used 3X$1 manufacturer bounty coupons and 3X$1 target bounty coupons, it was nice and smooth transaction.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

oh man, couponing is such a pita sometimes.. its a good thing couponers don't give up easily
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    These are the coupons that I was trying to use.
    6 x $3 Van Houtte coupons.
    4 x $2 coupon on any CoverGirl product.
    4 x $2 coupon on any CoverGirl lip product.
    8 x $2 target coupon on any CoverGirl product.
    All coupons say "Limit one coupon per purchase."
    Cashier did not know how to put in coupons so a supervisor came over. She said it's one coupon per person and even if I went in and out of the store, I cannot use the remainder of my coupons. I had DH and DD with me so was able to do 3 of each on one transaction. Their policy is limit of 4 manufacturer's coupon per transaction. I think I'm going to complain on their Facebook page and see what response I get. I should get a faster reply than an email, right?
    Some Target USA customers have Facebook pages complaining about Target not being coupon friendly, too.
    This is a good rant.

Target will read and see we are aware of their games with coupons.

Hey Target, don't do to us what you do to your customers in the US when it comes to coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

here's my honest question....how does one make it to retail management level without knowing what a "purchase" is? when faced with this question i usually counter with "oh, well how many items am I purchasing​ here?"

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    here's my honest question....how does one make it to retail management level without knowing what a "purchase" is? when faced with this question i usually counter with "oh, well how many items am I purchasing​ here?"
    I am thinking that Target is noticing that many people are using their register receipt coupons + manufacture's coupon + combining with a great sale, and they don't like it. Especially when the shopper is making a great deal.

Shame Target.
    Shame.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

She told me that even if I went in and out, I can't use another like coupon. Does that mean that that coupon is one per lifetime according to her? I assume she was the acting manager last night. Going to go to another Target and use my CG coupons but I don't think I will be able to find any Van Houtte, not that I need anymore, LOL.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The last time I was there, the lady overseeing the Self Checkout told me I could use 4 like coupons per items ( 4 CG for nail polishes, 4 CG for lip products) which is not what they mean when they say at the back of the coupon, but my sister was checking out at same time as me and she told her something else. She was only allowed to use 4 CG period. She also let my sister use the PG Save $4.50 when buying 3 toothbrushes but she did not let me, my sister was cashing out 2 registers away from me. I had my 2 year old and my 6 month old with me and they were getting cranky, the reg cashier was getting flustered with the registers and ppl asking questions that she just tuned everybody out and decided to start cashing ppl out and left everybody hanging. The head cashier was busy with my sister so I was left standing there waiting for her to come approve my coupons, while my 2 year old was screaming at the top of her lungs cuz it was way pass her nap time, other cashier had nobody at her register, since she was trying to ignore me I decided to walk my purchase to her register once I moved everything now she gonna notice me and say " what happened, I thought you were cashing out over there" I nicely informed her that since I am standing there waiting for her and she chooses to ignore me that I am just gonna come over to her so she can cash me out and then I can go put my bebe down for her nap. She walked over to the register and I told her that CG nail polishes were not scanning, while I was hauling everything over back to the register AGAIN she is gonna turn around and ask me how much the nail polish were, I was confused, how are you gonna ask me how much something is when there is a big red bright sticker (bigger than the bottle itself) stuck to it. I understand some ppl do not perform well under pressure, but come on. Then she notices how much they are and how much the coupon is for and tells me I cannot use the coupon because then I will be getting the item for free, I told her to change the price of the coupon and she told me she couldn't then I told her to change the price of the nail polish and she replied she couldn't do that either, she proceeds to put coupons down and tells me to wait for the other lady. At this point its been more than 30 mins at register plus two cranky bebes and I cannot seem to cash out, I waited for the lady that was helping my sister, she comes over and starts questioning the coupons confusing herself and I. She told me I cannot use the PG coupon, so I said fine take the toothbrushes out. After what seem like an eternity she tells me I can continue and pay, I looked at my total and thought it was a bit high but paid anyways. Put everything in bags and walked out. I get home, took care of my bebes and then decided to go over the receipt (don't know why target receipts are always so confusing) Then I notice that none of the CG coupons were put through I am not one to complain because I know working retail can be hard at times but man oh man am I annoyed. All that time wasted fighting for the coupons for the nice lady not to put them through. Now I have been housebound for a week and I do not when I am going to be able to go back and return the nail polish or if the are going to let me return them since they are on clearance.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

op, am just curious, was the target cpn a printed on (from smart source?) or the instore booklets?
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

If its a target printed coupon from smart source, then it only one per guest per day, but its a booklet then its 4 per guest per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I've had issues with printed coupons lately - first they weren't sure if they accepted them. Then they only let me use three (instead of the four I wanted to use).

For your 6x and 8x coupons though, this is from their coupon policy under Manufacturer and Target coupons (so I believe it would cover both):

• Limit of four identical coupons per household, per day, unless otherwise noted on the coupon.

My understanding of this is that your limited to the 4, even if the coupon just says one per purchase. The difference would be if the coupon said one per person, in which case of course only one should be accepted.
    oscarandme likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Target coupons is from sheets found in front of store. The other ones are from websaver. No where does it says one per person or customer or family or household.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    The last time I was there, the lady overseeing the Self Checkout told me I could use 4 like coupons per items ( 4 CG for nail polishes, 4 CG for lip products) which is not what they mean when they say at the back of the coupon, but my sister was checking out at same time as me and she told her something else. She was only allowed to use 4 CG period. She also let my sister use the PG Save $4.50 when buying 3 toothbrushes but she did not let me, my sister was cashing out 2 registers away from me. I had my 2 year old and my 6 month old with me and they were getting cranky, the reg cashier was getting flustered with the registers and ppl asking questions that she just tuned everybody out and decided to start cashing ppl out and left everybody hanging. The head cashier was busy with my sister so I was left standing there waiting for her to come approve my coupons, while my 2 year old was screaming at the top of her lungs cuz it was way pass her nap time, other cashier had nobody at her register, since she was trying to ignore me I decided to walk my purchase to her register once I moved everything now she gonna notice me and say " what happened, I thought you were cashing out over there" I nicely informed her that since I am standing there waiting for her and she chooses to ignore me that I am just gonna come over to her so she can cash me out and then I can go put my bebe down for her nap. She walked over to the register and I told her that CG nail polishes were not scanning, while I was hauling everything over back to the register AGAIN she is gonna turn around and ask me how much the nail polish were, I was confused, how are you gonna ask me how much something is when there is a big red bright sticker (bigger than the bottle itself) stuck to it. I understand some ppl do not perform well under pressure, but come on. Then she notices how much they are and how much the coupon is for and tells me I cannot use the coupon because then I will be getting the item for free, I told her to change the price of the coupon and she told me she couldn't then I told her to change the price of the nail polish and she replied she couldn't do that either, she proceeds to put coupons down and tells me to wait for the other lady. At this point its been more than 30 mins at register plus two cranky bebes and I cannot seem to cash out, I waited for the lady that was helping my sister, she comes over and starts questioning the coupons confusing herself and I. She told me I cannot use the PG coupon, so I said fine take the toothbrushes out. After what seem like an eternity she tells me I can continue and pay, I looked at my total and thought it was a bit high but paid anyways. Put everything in bags and walked out. I get home, took care of my bebes and then decided to go over the receipt (don't know why target receipts are always so confusing) Then I notice that none of the CG coupons were put through I am not one to complain because I know working retail can be hard at times but man oh man am I annoyed. All that time wasted fighting for the coupons for the nice lady not to put them through. Now I have been housebound for a week and I do not when I am going to be able to go back and return the nail polish or if the are going to let me return them since they are on clearance.
    The worst part about the receipts is that the cashiers and managers don't understand them either, at least at my store. It's the stupid "refund value" that makes no sense. It's like things aren't worth what we're paying for them. I wanted to return and repurchase a thing of makeup this week because I had forgotten my P&G Cover Girl coupon at home and worried my colour would run out. Well, it was $7.99 but on for $3.99, and I used the $2 Target coupon... they tried to tell me that I only paid 76 cents for it. I was also returning/rebuying a tube of toothpaste because it was marked as $1.67 but I was charged $2.29. Well, I used the Scope and Crest Target coupon, and they told me that I only paid 67 cents or something like that for the toothpaste. I decided to challenge their theory and said to add up all of the refund values, and when it was much less than what I paid I asked why I paid so much if this was true. I must admit that their customer service was great and they weren't rude at all; the cashier took out her calculator and added it up and agreed that I was right... she then got the manager and he gave her his theory, so she calculated again to see if he was right and told him that he was wrong too! lol... his response to her was then "well then, what can we do to make this right?". I've never heard a store manager say something like that and was so impressed. They refunded my money properly and let me repurchase the items at the correct price. I think they need to get rid of that "refund value" though, ASAP.
    Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

On Sunday, I pricematched 2 items, used about a dozen different coupons both Target and man. ones, but the cashier accidentally put in a coupon at $35 instead of 3.50. We had to go to a another till to redo the whole thing while another cashier deleted my first transaction. Awesome customer service the whole time, but I get home and realize that she didn't do one price match, and missed 2 x B2G1 free coupons.
    I went back just yesterday (worried it would take forever to explain), and they were really great about it.

The only problem is you know I went to look for more clearance items, and of course I found new deals! Telescope for $2 and a backpack/cooler/chair for $2 (part of the xmas clearance). Plus more CG, plus more baby things for a shower I'm hosting. Seriously, I have to stop!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information