User Tag List

Page 53 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree13755Likes

Thread: Loocie's Sarcoma Journey Thoughts, Feelings & Snippets.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Congrats. on becoming a Grandma again, indeed what a way to start the year!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well, here I go. I am going back to work dueling with sarcoma & all that goes with it. A very nice way to begin the year was a meeting with my oldest grandson & my youngest new grandson. He slept during his entire visit with his Grandma. It felt good to hold a brand new little baby again.

Name:  C G & Z.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  25.3 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Having information overload. Just read through all my paperwork that I will need for tomorrow. Things will get underway for me with my next course of treatment. It will be a brand new course of action & I will be placing a great deal of faith in people who are part of a world class team at Princess Margaret Hospital.

I do need to do what I can to try & send this darned sarcoma packing. I am visualizing it shrinking & shriveling up until it has disappeared. I'm determined not to google things as they come up. I can tend to get my notion in an uproar, & that is not good at all.

So, I'll be on my best behaviour as I begin another chapter in my trek to 'banish' this trespassing intruder.

Name:  PMH July 2014.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  110.6 KB

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congrats on beautiful new grandbaby! Love the pic. Very handsome older grandson too.

The very best wishes on your new treatment and kudos on your excellent attitude Loocie. I can imagine how hard it is to keep up at times.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Loocie, wishing you all the best with the new treatment.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Sending you best wishes for the new treatment.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Congratulations on your newest grandson.
    He looks so peaceful.
    Sending good wishes for the new treatment.

Hope cancer only lives in petri dishes one day soon.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lucy - sending you all best wishes for the new year! Just imagine having a New Year's Birthday! He'll probably ALWAYS have a holiday on his birthday! Good luck with the new treatment! Hoping it is effective and not unpleasant! You deserve the best of care and certainly seem to be in the best places to receive it! Hugs to you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awww Loocie congrats on your new grandson. You have a beautiful family!! Good luck with the new treatment. You are always in my thoughts and prayers xoxoxoo Name:  friday-love.gif
Views: 203
Size:  42.0 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping all is going well, Loocie!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

​Well, I will be officially starting my new treatment next week. For about the first month of treatment, I will be spending a couple of nights in hospital. The one night, they will be doing blood draws every hour upon the hour. This is to check on the absorption of the drug systematically. I am sure it will not be fun being wakened up like that, but at least they will be putting in a saline lock so I won't have to go through the motions of the usual procedure for blood draws. I am told that this drug also has more side effects that my previous one did not. For instance, they will be keeping on top of nausea, fatigue & problems with daily bodily functions before they become problematic. What makes it more of a challenge for me is that I have to put my prosthesis on when they want me up on my feet. (I can't tell you how much that gets to me sometimes!!!)

So, I have signed the consent forms & now putting all my eggs in this basket. I will be hoping & praying that these tumours shrink & that this drug is one that works for me.

It's been such a stressful time for me & my family. Cancer just gets in the way of how we want live our lives.

Take care,

xx

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear Loocie . . . thinking of you during this very trying time. Of course you're frustrated! Why wouldn't you be? You're holding up like a champ though my girl, so don't let it get you too low. There's no doubt it will be a tough month, but there's many reasons to bully though it. Try to think of all of us cheering you on (while dressed in funny costumes) every time you have to put your prosthesis on.
    OK. . .we may not be in funny costumes, but we're DEFINITELY cheering you on!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=SillyLoocie;6277283]​Well, I will be officially starting my new treatment next week. For about the first month of treatment, I will be spending a couple of nights in hospital. The one night, they will be doing blood draws every hour upon the hour. This is to check on the absorption of the drug systematically. I am sure it will not be fun being wakened up like that, but at least they will be putting in a saline lock so I won't have to go through the motions of the usual procedure for blood draws. I am told that this drug also has more side effects that my previous one did not. For instance, they will be keeping on top of nausea, fatigue & problems with daily bodily functions before they become problematic. What makes it more of a challenge for me is that I have to put my prosthesis on when they want me up on my feet. (I can't tell you how much that gets to me sometimes!!!)

So, I have signed the consent forms & now putting all my eggs in this basket. I will be hoping & praying that these tumours shrink & that this drug is one that works for me.

It's been such a stressful time for me & my family. Cancer just gets in the way of how we want live our lives.

Take care,

xx

Thanx for the update and explanations of what you're facing.
    This is one image I found that exemplifies you doing battle with this ignominious foe and with your army of friends who support you - a victory for you awaits on that battlefield. We hear you roar and lend our strength and resolve to yours dear friend.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thank you dear people. It is the kindness & compassion of others that helps us get through trying times. I'm ready to give this another try. Feelings & emotions are two different things, but I sometimes wish they would coordinate together.

There is so much in life that is good. Everyday things that happen, can make anyone feel a sense of pride or satisfaction. I'll be looking forward to seeing this little guy today or tomorrow. He looks so much like my son, that I have to do a double take sometimes.

Name:  Baby Z.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  22.9 KB

Page 53 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information