User Tag List

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome bobbiegirl-I am trying to bake muffins ,banana bread ,cookies more often and their is only 2 of us in the house hubby and I

-well no flushing toilets, showering ,doing dishes here from 8 am til 1.00 p they are religning our sewers out front on our street-so I was up at 6.15 showering-filled some bowls with water for In the bathrooms-we are blocked in for an hour I told the guy I am going out at 11.00 have dentist apt-he said no problem
    -going out with my girlfriend for supper tonight at jack asters(she lost her husband in nov) so it will be nice to see her ( i have small bag of goodies for her)

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Welcome to the thread bobbiegirl2010.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Good morning,
    Up early today, no sleeping in for me today, had a lazy day yesterday, so I figured I better get up early today and get moving as the kids want to go to the movies today (cheap day) plus we have some free movie snacks from the taco boxes.
    Have a great day all, I'm off to make them a great breakfast, they'll loved it once they're up.
    I'll check back in later.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I have been figuring out the price per serving for breakfast foods as I now have 3 daycare kids + my 2 to feed every morning. I was surprised that cold cereal (unless its free or nearly free cereal with sales and coupons combined) is a more expensive breakfast compared to homemade muffins, pancakes, toast or oatmeal. I always thought cereal was a cheap breakfast lol. So I guess I'll continue with the baking I've also stopped buying stuff like granola bars as I can make oatmeal cookies for a fraction of the cost and I know what goes in them. Have u noticed that Quaker Granola bars now only have 6 in the box instead of 8? I noticed that a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $1.44. I thought I might buy some at that price until I noticed there were less in the box...

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Welcome Bobbiegirl! I do remember meeting you at SDM but couldn`t remember your name.
    I don`t do much baking anymore. Hubby and I are both diabetic so I find if we want a treat once in a while it`s best just to buy something small and it`s gone. Too much temptation if there`s something around.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    I have been figuring out the price per serving for breakfast foods as I now have 3 daycare kids + my 2 to feed every morning. I was surprised that cold cereal (unless its free or nearly free cereal with sales and coupons combined) is a more expensive breakfast compared to homemade muffins, pancakes, toast or oatmeal. I always thought cereal was a cheap breakfast lol. So I guess I'll continue with the baking I've also stopped buying stuff like granola bars as I can make oatmeal cookies for a fraction of the cost and I know what goes in them. Have u noticed that Quaker Granola bars now only have 6 in the box instead of 8? I noticed that a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $1.44. I thought I might buy some at that price until I noticed there were less in the box...
    Yes. I've notice that a lot of things are shrinking, like the juice, cheese, rice, flour etc. they have all shrank in the amount that you get, but not in the price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so im sneaking on here while my youngest has gone for a walk. and my oldest is sleeping.
    i didn't sleep well. im now so nervouse i don't even walk to call my mom to see how dads day went this morning. im sure its fine.
    although the sun is shining were now under another snow advisory. figures.
    if i get the chance im going to be making some more banana muffins later.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    I recently found this thread and thought I'd join in and say Hi! I have already met Crochetlady a few years ago at SDM. I tried to give you a coupon but you already had one lol. I live in Minto Township so I must live close to a few other ladies too.

Congrats to everyone moving! It took us over a year to sell our old house and find our current home 3 years ago.

I am a mom of 2 girls (3 and 7) and also do home daycare. My latest frugal project is selling baby stuff on consignment as well as some maternity clothing. We're decluttering and trying to save so that we can put a finished rec room in the bsmt. I am also trying to lower our grocery spending from $600 to $500 per month. I've always sales shopped, price-matched, couponed and built a stockpile. My problem is that I over buy and buy more than we need. So my new strategy (which has been working so far) is to menu plan based on what we have and then create a grocery list of what we need before I look at the flyers. I used to always buy whatever sales/deals I saw in the flyer that I liked when it may not even be something we need and then forget to buy items I actually need and then have to make a second trip to a store later in the week. So this new method has saved me both time and money I have also been baking muffins, cookies and all of our meals from scratch. No more convenience foods like frozen pizza or lasagna and we have not gone out to eat or had take out since Christmas which is a big savings for us
    Welcome!
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Yes. I've notice that a lot of things are shrinking, like the juice, cheese, rice, flour etc. they have all shrank in the amount that you get, but not in the price.
    The most obvious is the Lay's chips. The "big" bags are tiny now and still cost almost $4. These companies must take us all for idiots. Like we are not going to notice the bag is way smaller.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to my new dentist -and finally(I was right) -I have dealt with sore gums for a few months now -she said my crown needs re-done wasn't done right-yes knew al along something wasn't right and sore gums are really a problem
    -the went to my old dentist -beacause insurance will no cover a newcrown in only 6 months time -and he will reiemburse me the money I paid out of pocket-so proud f myself for complaining-mind you i had a tear in my eye before he came in -so that made my day
    then i didnt have the energy to go to walmart toprice match -but did make it into fortinos for some fresh fruit and a few other items

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My big excitement today was going for a cortisone shot in my arthritic toe-frugal because it is covered under Alberta health care. I am willing to put up with a bit of pain for the freezing needle in order to be pain free for 3 months-at least I was lucky enough to last 3 months with no pain after my first shot.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Cheez Whiz too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well went to my new dentist -and finally(I was right) -I have dealt with sore gums for a few months now -she said my crown needs re-done wasn't done right-yes knew al along something wasn't right and sore gums are really a problem
    -the went to my old dentist -beacause insurance will no cover a newcrown in only 6 months time -and he will reiemburse me the money I paid out of pocket-so proud f myself for complaining-mind you i had a tear in my eye before he came in -so that made my day
    then i didnt have the energy to go to walmart toprice match -but did make it into fortinos for some fresh fruit and a few other items
    Nothing like sore gums...hopefully they fix it soon for you.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Well, I love the house more than DH but we put an offer on it. Putting an offer in today once the real estate agent shows up. DH lowballed it and I am sure we will have to counter offer. Main floor everything and only 4 steps into the garage which is great for me. We will need a riding lawn mower though.

Snowing here again and I am not impressed especially since it was so nice yesterday. I could actually see green grass on our lawn...not anymore.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

good luck with the house, macw!

Hoping everyone has an awesome Wednesday!

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information