User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: The great war of loblaws 2014!!! Justice always prevails

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Just a warning to everyone that is about to read this, this is going to be a really really really long story LOL. But there was no way I couldn't share this victory story with the rest of my Smartcanuck friends. This all started a few days ago when I saw a few of the Airwick Freshmatic kits with the clearance stickers at a Loblaws I sometimes visit. With the $5 coupons they would have been free. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the coupons with me since I opted to leave my binder at home that day (sigh). So the next day (Thursday), I returned to the store with my coupons, but I was kind of nervous because this Loblaws is notorious for having absolutely VICIOUS workers. I'm sorry if this offends anybody but...this Loblaw's is filled with grumpy old ladies who yell at everyone who defies them and back each other up no matter what happens.

So I went back to grab the kits and thankfully they were still there. I approached the self checkout and asked the operator to price check the kits to make sure the price was really $7.44 before the clearance sticker. First she told me told me she couldn't check because none of the self checkouts were free so she couldn't. I told her that I didn't know, and I'll wait in line until a lane is open. But that wasn't enough for her, she continued with her onslaught of rude remarks typical of the grumpy old ladies from this Loblaws. Saying things like "You can't just cut the line like that", "I don't know why kids think they can just do whatever they want". Lmao, this should have been the first sign to just wrap up the whole operation and go home and make a call to head office. But I decided to continue with it and hope to be able to get the kits for free. So finally I made it to the self checkout and I asked her to scan the price and they did come up as $7.44, and costing $3.77 after the clearance sticker. So I asked her to scan the rest. After she finished scanning, I went back over to her with the coupons in my hand and before I even had the chance to hand them to her she was just like "nope" without even giving me a reason. I asked her why I couldn't use the coupons and she told me that it's because you can't use coupons when there is a pink sticker on the item. I tried to correct her by telling her it was possible, but she continued to yell and tell me that I don't know how their computer system works blah blah blah. She literally gave me zero respect as I tried to talk to her. I hate when people speak as if everything they say is fact, and don't even give me a chance to say what I need to say. Okay, at that point I decided to swerve to the customer service before I lost control and put her on full blast and give her a heart attack.

So I go to the customer service and speak to the cashier manager (I think?) and she tells me that I am allowed to use coupons on top of clearance stickers, but not if the coupon value exceeds the value of the item after the pink sticker discount. This was also incorrect and showed me that there is clearly conflicting information going around in this Loblaws. I told her the official policy is to adjust the value of the coupon to meet the price of the item if the coupon exceeds the price. She told me there was no such policy. At that point I was like whatever and I left to go call head office to ask for the official coupon policy to be emailed to me so I could step back into the store and show them.

The first phone call was with a very rude girl that was clearly speaking in a way that would cause me to hang up. I asked for the official policy to be emailed. She told me to just show them the No Frills policy, which I responded with by telling her these workers at this LOBLAWS would never accept the No Frills policy as their own. She then went on to tell me to get the policy from the website. Obviously, if it was on the website, I wouldn't have called. THEN she tried to tell me there was no official policy then. I argued again, and she said she found the official policy, and that I was indeed incorrect. I was finished with her and asked for her manager and she told me she will transfer me, but really she just hung up on me.

I called back and spoke to a new person that was much more helpful. I believe her name was Tina. Tina told me she couldn't email the policy on the spot, but she could speak to the manager of the store to correct her by telling her to adjust the value of the coupon to meet the price of the item. I was like great, I walked back down to the Loblaws and tried to find the manager, but couldn't find the one I originally spoke to, but I found the customer service manager. Little did I know, she was gonna be the most ferocious catch of the day. So I handed her the phone to speak with head office, and she started the conversation by telling Tina that the cashier manager already rejected me twice and how annoying I am blah blah blah. So anyways as they were speaking the manager told Tina that there was a pink sticker on the item which is why they didn't allow the coupon. She then handed the phone back to me and I could not believe what I was hearing. Tina, who was supposed to be my ally, turned her back on my and sided with the manager and was trying to tell me that since there was a pink sticker on the item I couldn't use the coupon because stickers are considered "coupons" and using a coupon on top of that would be considered stacking. At that point I'm just thinking "Is this really happening right now? Has my life really become this big of a joke?" I continued to try to correct Tina on the telephone, while fighting with this beast of a manager. All while trying to stay calm. It was like they were tag teaming me at the same time. My breaking point was when the manager pointed out a section on the coupon that said "Not to be combined with any other manufacturer coupon or discount" and read it out loud in the most condescending tone possible. I told her that I was NOT FEELING HER ATTITUDE right now and that if she wants me to go all out and raise hell right now, I will. She then tried to tell me she was just trying to explain to me. I told her that the line she pointed out is irrelevant because it said manufacturer discount, and the pink sticker is a store level discount. THEN both her and Tina said that there was no difference. I could feel myself about to snap, but I decided to walk away and continue speaking to Tina.

Tina continued to try to convince me I was wrong, and I asked for her manager. You know when you just cannot stand talk to someone anymore? Like you're completely finished with them and begin to speak to them in the deadest way possible? That was how I felt. She kept saying random things and I'm like just stop what you're saying and connect me with your manager. She continued to tell me there was no need since she was right, yada yada, and I told her once again in the most monotone dead voice "give me your manager." I must admit I was kind of rude to her at that point, but I was sooo frustrated and finished with everyone. So she then tells me okay, she puts me on hold and she picks up the phone again, and I was literally RIGHT ABOUT to blast her for not giving me the manager but before I could go crazy, the following words come out of her mouth. "I just talked to my manager, and he informed me that you are indeed correct. Kevin I am so sorry for all of that" I of course apologized for losing my temper and she told me to give the phone back to the manager and she will definitely make it right. Wow what a complete turn around. I felt UNSTOPPABLE as I was walking back to the customer service desk, as if my phone was a sword meant to cut down all the foes that stood in the way of my couponing LMAO.

You guys should have seen the managers face when I returned AGAIN. I handed her the phone, and you should have seen how fast her face turned red as Tina was informing her of the correct policy. She was not having any of it and called the store manager over who spoke with the agent, and agreed that I was correct. A valiant fight from this CSM, but this time Kevin is the winner. Unfortunately, after speaking with Tina, he hung up the phone before I got the chance to thank her for her assistance. It was the first time where a customer service agent had the decency to admit they were wrong, and did everything they could to correct the problem. Most agents would have just hung up the phone as soon as I asked for a manager. So anyways finally the transaction was beginning and the customer service manager asked the store manager if the coupon is supposed to cover the tax. Clearly he didn't know either and I was trying to tell her that coupons are not supposed to cover tax and she had the nerve to say this to me "Excuse me, I'm speaking with him right now, not you." LMAO wow. I guess I would feel hostile too after losing the war, and being totally humiliated in front of the store manager. The store manager told her to just take the tax off with the coupon, so in the end I got everything for free, not even tax. Fine, works for me.

Words cannot describe how good it felt to come out on top. I was in the store for a total of two hours. It could not have been any less about the Airwicks at that point LMAO. It was about being right, and I would have pursued this issue with the manager to the ends of this earth if that is what it was going to take. I am so glad my perseverance paid off in the end. Anyways sorry for the long story, I have attached the photo of the Airwicks and the receipt. (My badges of victory) I will remember this for the rest of my life, I don't even care how childish and petty that sounds, nothing feel better than being right even when everyone else says you're wrong. The situation went from a cashier, the cashier manager, the CSM, two head office representatives, ALL telling me I was wrong to me getting an apology straight from the mouth of the store manager.

Name:  1981901_10153968455815624_469667467_n.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  82.3 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick, Guess, Loblaws, No Frills

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Good on you for standing your ground! Nice brag!
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

WOW that was long as you mentioned lol I sure did enjoy reading it though. Congrats on winning your AirWick Freshmatic kits. I've been in the same position as you and it feels good to prove your right when they keep saying your wrong. Never back down when you know your right!
    ROMEO, momi and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for you! Reading that made my blood boil, though.
    ROMEO, momi and RamenQueen like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a story! Now, you can shop at this Loblaws without any issues seeing as you have single-handedly educated the store on pink sticker & coupon policies!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hello OP. Could you please identify the Loblaws location. I do not think all Loblaws would treat you this way. Thx.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hello OP. Could you please identify the Loblaws location. I do not think all Loblaws would treat you this way. Thx.
    Oh. O.k. I see that your receipt is from the Empress Loblaws store.

I wonder if you would consider completing an online written complaint (Loblaws website form) about Loblaws Empress store, so that this store could improve on their customer service, from the self serve cashier level to the head casher level.

Just a thought....
    ROMEO, Angela273, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, what a story. Glad you finally got your kits.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I saw it was a long story, but settled in to read and man was that something!! I WISH I could have seen their faces when they were told you were correct,

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hahaha VICTORY!!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ewww. The worst part is when they refuse to call a manager because they are so arrogant. Good it worked out in the end. I hear you re: crappy Loblaws service.
    ROMEO, niro_anan and momi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good for you!!! Great story as well!

FYI, I just received the Loblaw Coupon Policy last month by email after having an issue myself.

"Thank you for taking the time to write us.

Our coupon acceptance policy is designed to ensure our customers are able to receive the best possible savings, while continuing to ensure that we deliver the type of experience customers expect from us.

Coupons can be redeemed on the purchase of all items, including sale, promotion, and clearance items.

We gladly accept Coupon Zone coupons, Loblaw Companies Limited flyer coupon and website coupons, and President’s Choice Financial® coupons according to the terms and conditions printed on the coupon.

Manufacturers’ coupons are accepted for in store purchased items according to the terms and conditions printed on the coupon and to the following guidelines:

• All coupons must be presented at the time of purchase
    • Ensure all conditions stated on the coupon are met (i.e. size, brand, flavour, quantity, co-purchased item etc.)
    • Ensure the coupon has a Canadian address
    • All coupons must be redeemed prior to the expiration date
    • In a buy one, get one or more free offer (BOGO), a coupon cannot be redeemed against the “free” item (i.e. buy one bag of chips, get a second bag of chips free – a single coupon can be applied to the purchase of the two bags)
    • Coupons have no cash value
    • If the coupon value exceeds the retail price of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail price of the item
    • All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the retail value of the product unless otherwise indicated on the coupon. However, the value of a coupon that offers a product for free will include the amount of any applicable taxes, unless otherwise indicated on the coupon.
    • Home printed coupons from email or the internet are accepted in black/white or colour. The coupon must be legible with no signs of tampering. Photocopies are not accepted. Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry.

Please note that a maximum of one (1) Loblaw Companies Limited coupon and one (1) Manufacturers’ coupon may be redeemed per one (1) item purchased, unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions on either coupon.

Each coupon will be reviewed by our colleagues to ensure that each meets all the guidelines listed above. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this validation process. Customers with multiple coupons may be asked to relocate to another till in order to complete their transaction as a courtesy to our other customers.

Loblaw Companies Limited may change the terms and conditions of this coupon policy at any time, without notice. All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy that is in effect at the time of the redemption. Coupons issued by other retailers, will not be accepted at Loblaw banner stores.

In the province of Quebec, you may not use coupons towards the purchase of tobacco, alcohol products, prescriptions, gift cards, phone cards, lottery tickets, all third party operations unless specifically allowed (post office, gas bars, dry cleaners, etc.) and any other products which are provincially regulated.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Lesley Ross
    Correspondence Coordinator, LCL Customer Relations

1 President's Choice Circle | Brampton | Ontario | L6Y 5S5
    T: (905) 459.2500 x.621855 | F: (905) 861.2387 | [email protected] "
    ROMEO, dizzyb, Shwa Girl and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Crazy story! Just horrible service. I can't believe you went through all that. Glad you got the Airwick in the end.
    ROMEO, niro_anan and momi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Wow amazing !!! Great job . Why pay when you can get it for free......

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-way yo go on standing up for yourself -not good the customer service -wowwww

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information