User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: WalMart SCOP

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

When you're in customer service...you need to know how to do your job without an attitude!

So, we went to Walmart tonight to pick up a storage bin. We wanted a black one to match our decor. The closer Walmart to use didn't have black, but we knew this one did because we saw them on Sunday.
    Anyway, they were supposed to be $15. They have been under the $15 sign since at least Sunday (when we saw them the first time). It rang in at $18.97. I was in the car with the kids (they weren't behaving very well, and it should've been a quick in and out), so DH called me and got in the line for customer service. First, the CS lady tried arguing and saying she was the one to put that sign up on MONDAY (which is a lie, since as I said, we saw it on Sunday), and that the black bins should not have been there. Second, I told him to bring up SCOP, and she tried only 'correcting' it down to the $15. Finally, he got the refund, BUT, he noticed she put it in as $18.97 minus the SCOP, so e paid $8.97+tax. Even DH knows that is not how it works, so he called me.
    I had to get myself and the kids out of the car, got in the line for CS, and I let them know it was done wrong. Should have been the CORRECTED PRICE minus the SCOP. The CS lady argued with me and called the CS manager.
    The CS manager was RUDE!!!!!! She said that it had been done correctly, and when I said it should have been $15-$10, she said, "It has been this way for years. You're already only paying $8.97." I told her I could pull up the SCOP on my phone, right that second. She said, "If you do, call me if you're right." and walked away!!!
    I did pull up the policy and showed it said the CORRECTED price, minus the $10, and they still tried to argue with me.
    Urgh.....
    Put in a complaint with the SCOP hotline, and also left a message with Walmart Canada.
    Some of the rudest cashier/manager I have encountered.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    ROMEO, fama and jamesfranco like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah the Customer Service Manager ( CSM ) at my WM also has lot of attitude ..they just get a few bucks more than the cashiers thats all , but try to go on a power trip.

Except for the Store Manager , talking to anyone else in a WM store is generally a waste of time ..CS skills is the last thing on their mind..this includes the associates , CSM , Assistant managers , Supervisors etc etc

Their Head Ofiice is also a waste of time ..expect 4-5 emails & 4-5 phone calls to go back & forth before they actually do something .

Numerous ticket numbers or reference numbers will be created before they get off their bums & actually resolve your issue.
    ROMEO and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Sorry to hear you had such a hassle trying to get SCOP which you were fully entitled to.

I have been told at Walmart before that you have to ask for SCOP or you don't receive it. Maybe they have too many SCOPs a week.
    One time I was at Walmart customer service for SCOP, told the customer service person: so that will be a SCOP and she says to me in a not very nice tone. Oh I do know how to do my job.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Apparently there was another gentleman that picked up the same bin, he was in the CS line behind my husband. And when I got to the front of the line, there was a black bin, in one of the return carts.
    Who would take a bet that it s the other gentleman's and they didn't bring up SCOP, so he just returned it?
    ROMEO and jamesfranco like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experience at Walmart. I've had my share of bad experiences as well. You are right if the product scans higher then the advertised shelf price you get it for the advertised price then you would also get $10 off the advertised price. Good for you and your boyfriend standing your ground I am sure head office will make things right. Good luck hope things are fixed asap
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh, they act like it comes directly out of their pay cheque.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As soon as I saw the title of your thread, I was not surprised at all. I have only received terrible customer service from Walmart. Sorry to hear you had such a hassle.
    ROMEO likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i have nothing but problems when it comes to walmart and scop. got yelled at over a tag the other day. lol ive had signs removed and displays changed while i stood at cash waiting for someone to call cashier back. its crazy.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i have nothing but problems when it comes to walmart and scop. got yelled at over a tag the other day. lol ive had signs removed and displays changed while i stood at cash waiting for someone to call cashier back. its crazy.

LOL, I have had tags removed while I stood at cash as well. For Pop Tarts! They were like 1.77 on the tag, got up to the cash 2.98. I complained, they said that was last weeks sale. I said the tag was still there. She called the department and said "not anymore." I kicked up a stink though, got the SCOP and 1.77 price on the other boxes.
    ROMEO, krysta lynne and wolfwoman like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Walmart sure does hate when we ask for SCOP! Had one cashier refuse to give me SCOP and continuously tell me I'm wrong, that I picked it up from the wrong shelf, that it was a smaller size that should be that price and any other excuse she could come up with. There was an old lady behind me in line and I didn't want a huge argument about it in front of her, so I just paid what the lady told me to and went to CS for a refund. Luckily they were great and did it for me easily. I wish they would just give it to us when we are entitled to it and stop acting like we're thieves.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    That's why sometimes , I follow them to the aisle ( not always easy to do with tons of your product already on the belt )

But if they remove the tag and there is no tag below it ..I ask them where is the price ? Its obvious you removed it , since its missing .

All other products have a price tag in front of it , except this one ..isn't it a rather convenient coincidence that only the SCOP item doesn't have a tag in front of it .. a tag which was just there a few mins back ..lol

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Ugh, they act like it comes directly out of their pay cheque.
    i don't think it's a case that it comes directly out of their paycheck.. BUT i wouldn't be surprised if they get a black mark on their permanent record for making an error and too many errors could mean losing their job
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have gone back to take pictures of the shelf tag before going to ask for SCOP because of tags being removed. Often the cs desk will look at the tag with a proof of date in the photo and take that as proof.
    FrugalKris and jamesfranco like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i don't think it's a case that it comes directly out of their paycheck.. BUT i wouldn't be surprised if they get a black mark on their permanent record for making an error and too many errors could mean losing their job
    I could see that if it was the floor associates giving us a hard time (I'm assuming they are in charge of shelf tags. I could be wrong, I've never worked in retail ). However, the cashiers aren't at fault when signs are wrong and shouldn't be making customers feel like we've done something wrong because we expect to pay the price we see on the shelf.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by free*is*best View Post
    Sorry to hear you had such a hassle trying to get SCOP which you were fully entitled to.

I have been told at Walmart before that you have to ask for SCOP or you don't receive it. Maybe they have too many SCOPs a week.
    One time I was at Walmart customer service for SCOP, told the customer service person: so that will be a SCOP and she says to me in a not very nice tone. Oh I do know how to do my job.

Yes, you have to ask for it because, according to the SCOP guidelines, "on a claim presented by the customer". If customer does not make a claim, then it isn't automatically applied.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information