• 4 Post By sun_shine
  • 2 Post By coupon girl
  • 1 Post By samm07
  • 1 Post By Shelley17

Thread: "Bonus" offers on rebate apps

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Seriously do people stalk their apps and wait outside of grocery stores before they open to cash these frigging things?

Last night broccoli came up on zweet around 8/9pm I knew CO51 also had an offer so I decided to get out of the house if pu brocolli. I checked in the morning at 8, yep both still there. Decided I had time for a coffee and then got my 11 month old suited up for the cold ( whole other rant there !) I got to the store around 830 a low and behold GONE! Like are u kidding me! Does no on work it's flipping wednesday lol (I'm only half serious about that comment) in less than 12 hours!!!! TWELVE it was gone. How us that possible?

Then I read things where people have 4+ accounts it's like REALLY?!? I'm so sick of greedy people, shelf clearer a and coupon hoarders! Can we all agree we get excited about a good deal? And can we all agree that the disappointment of missing out on a deal really effing sucks! We all love free, I love free! I've even been tempted to "take it all" in a good deal. Then I think hey... Someone else is likely on there way here looking for this exact deal and will be disappointed if I do that and BACK OFF!

another example, in my town winter coats for kids were $5 around Christmas regular $40 or $60! I went THE DAY after to find one for my son for next year as our finances could NOT justify a $60 coat! I was actually sick to my stomach to see every single rack (THREE) were cleared! I later saw a mom selling 6!!!! On a mom page for $25 a piece how terrible is that! Literally taking warmth off a kids back! And an employee told me another lady bought 25.... I just HOPE they were being donated nobody needs 25 little kid costs. I'm still angry over this lol

i realize it's ridiculous to get sooooo upset over $.50, and I'm not actually upset I had to shell out $.50 it's the principle! It takes effort to pack up my baby, and prioritize my time for shops vs other things, so the disappointment us annoying!

I had had a bad day today lol.... Can yah tell!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shell

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The harsh reality is that people seem to be willing to do anything to save/make a dollar at whatever cost but at least you can find satisfaction knowing that you aren't like that and be happy about the deals you have been able to get in the past Hopefully you have many good couponing trips coming your way!!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm guessing the app people are people who happened to buy the item already and had a receipt hanging around. That happened to me before and it was the only time I could get a produce one in time before it sold out
    sweetmomma likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Hmm possibly true, I read a post stating a bonus product though could not be bought before posted. But maybe a different app.

I know now you win some and you lose some. Such is life

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I'm guessing the app people are people who happened to buy the item already and had a receipt hanging around. That happened to me before and it was the only time I could get a produce one in time before it sold out
    Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Hmm possibly true, I read a post stating a bonus product though could not be bought before posted. But maybe a different app.

I know now you win some and you lose some. Such is life
    I think Snapsaves is the only one that does this. I am thinking Zweet must not have made many of the broccoli offers available because the broccoli offer on CO51 didn't even run out after being available for the whole week, but Zweet sold out within a few hours. I do agree with people having too many accounts to the point that it is a bit unfair; realistically we could all do this, but I wouldn't personally feel right about doing it.
    strew, samm07, luckbealady and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I hear you -yes I went to the grocery store last week and I don't have an app-I use my camera-I checked and it was still available p.c cookies for a 1.00 rebate -got home just 20 minutes later gone -yes I dont no why people have 2 3,4accounts-should be one account per house(we all like free let us share )same as store pads-can hardy find any anymore
    strew and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    I think Snapsaves is the only one that does this. I am thinking Zweet must not have made many of the broccoli offers available because the broccoli offer on CO51 didn't even run out after being available for the whole week, but Zweet sold out within a few hours. I do agree with people having too many accounts to the point that it is a bit unfair; realistically we could all do this, but I wouldn't personally feel right about doing it.
    I second this. The apps always say limited quantity - but you never know what the quantity is. It could be they only plan for something like 10% of their total users to get the rebate.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

It'd be mice if they gave a number like 3000 available. Then I'd figure it's not worth the hurry.

Or if they did "unlimited" but ONLY for say 24 hours. Just easier to plSn your shops!
    sun_shine likes this.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I wonder if people in a different time zone get to the stores first? If you live in the Atlantic part of Canada then your 9 am opening for stores is only 7 am ontario time.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I totally thought the SAME thing Shelly!!! I even included it in my message to them (I was asking about a receipt pending)

Thread Information