User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Roommate ate my food AGAIN!

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will try and keep this short.
    Love my roomies, we just go with the flow, share whatever and it's just kind of tit-for-tat but nobody is keeping score. It's great, stress free environment. You did my dishes today and I cleaned up your dished the day before. Nobody minds.

But when I came home, poured myself some salsa and went into the pantry to get my chips and they were ALL GONE I was kind of annoyed..I already poured the salsa, I had my little heart set on my snack! Brittany had eaten them all, didn't apologize but confirmed that yes she ate them.
    That's fine, I can get over it. But then I had been super busy and left some dishes next to the sink and the next day she left me a note asking me to clean them up. So we aren't cool anymore? You eat all my food and don't want to throw my dishes in the dishwasher anymore?

Kind of been bothering me, but not the biggest deal. I just figured I'd let it go and maybe distance myself a little bit since I was feeling a little awkward.

And tonight, I finish work, stop at the grocery store to get what I needed to make dinner, come home and make my chicken and other stuff and go into the fridge to get that delicious brick of Organic Cheddar Cheese I bought the other day...and it's GONE? A whole brick of cheese...that I even hid at the bottom back of the fridge so that it wouldn't be found by any mice is GONE? Ugh.

So I text Brittany and she said she ate it all. And said she's on her way home and will stop and get me some more cheese. I made a point to say Organic cheese (it was expensive!), and she just arrived with it. So I guess all is good, just a little annoyed.

Thanks for listening!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    hollyquaiscer and beckie.c like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

That IS annoying. Back when I was in university, a housemate helped himself to my new bottle of olive oil sitting on my personal kitchen shelf. He needed something in which to deep fry some breaded things and couldn't understand why I was annoyed. After all, he'd poured all of the used oil back into the bottle!

Sometimes people just don't think!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At last you get along with your roomies for the most part.

When I was in college, I rented a room where the landlord already had someone in a different room - told me he was a great guy, very quiet and respectful.

No.

He constantly had friends over who ate my food. They actually ate ALL my Christmas candy when I got back, that I had stored in MY OWN FREEZER (I bought a small deep freeze just for me). Not only were his friends eating my food (he never told them to stop), he kept using my dishes. No big deal, except he wouldn't wash them, and left food in them for days.

Eventually, I actually had my dad come over and install padlocks on my pantries and freezers. I was beyond pissed off.

Of course my landlord loved him - no idea why. He was constantly smoking cigarettes and pot in the house (which made my asthma act up - there was not supposed to be any smoking allowed), and we had the cops called almost 4 times because of his parties.

Another one of my roommates at the same time (there were 5 of us - 4 girls and one guy - although by the end he brought his brother and friends to live with us too, without telling the landlord), actually used my razor. My USED razor. I was so absolutely disgusted with that. And after a couple of weeks she put it back!

I've had 13 roommates in my 4 years at school, and that year was the worst ever. I wanted so much to leave there. I'd ride around the bus on the weekends just to avoid going home.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hear ya lol. I had an insane roommate in uni who used to eat my food and leave the leftovers in my dishes… to the point it would grow mould. Then she'd flush the mouldy leftovers DOWN THE TOILET and clog it and leave it for me to clean up. Baaaaahhh. People are nuts. Worst part is that she requested a transfer complaining that I was a horrible roommate because I slammed the door in her boyfriend's face when he walked in without knocking and I was in my pyjamas! Crazies
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    I will try and keep this short.
    Love my roomies, we just go with the flow, share whatever and it's just kind of tit-for-tat but nobody is keeping score. It's great, stress free environment. You did my dishes today and I cleaned up your dished the day before. Nobody minds.

But when I came home, poured myself some salsa and went into the pantry to get my chips and they were ALL GONE I was kind of annoyed..I already poured the salsa, I had my little heart set on my snack! Brittany had eaten them all, didn't apologize but confirmed that yes she ate them.
    That's fine, I can get over it. But then I had been super busy and left some dishes next to the sink and the next day she left me a note asking me to clean them up. So we aren't cool anymore? You eat all my food and don't want to throw my dishes in the dishwasher anymore?

Kind of been bothering me, but not the biggest deal. I just figured I'd let it go and maybe distance myself a little bit since I was feeling a little awkward.

And tonight, I finish work, stop at the grocery store to get what I needed to make dinner, come home and make my chicken and other stuff and go into the fridge to get that delicious brick of Organic Cheddar Cheese I bought the other day...and it's GONE? A whole brick of cheese...that I even hid at the bottom back of the fridge so that it wouldn't be found by any mice is GONE? Ugh.

So I text Brittany and she said she ate it all. And said she's on her way home and will stop and get me some more cheese. I made a point to say Organic cheese (it was expensive!), and she just arrived with it. So I guess all is good, just a little annoyed.

Thanks for listening!

Save, Save , Save so you can be done with roommates. I used to have 4 in Uni- One that would eat everyone's food, dirty every dish in the house and then barf it all up in the bathroom sink (clogging it of course). Then she slept with one of the girl's BFs, now that was drama times 3. Poor girl (both parents were therapist)......
    torontogal12, beckie.c and trishka like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think most of us have problems like this but sorry you have to deal with that. It's beyond frustrating. Maybe it's time to have a talk about it. Something along the lines of "if you're going to eat my food please just let me know and replace it ASAP."

My former roommate's boyfriend used to eat my food. We had designated areas in the kitchen and the fridge and yet he'd still eat my food. I told my roommate that it needed to stop and she said she'd tell him. I come back after I went home one weekend and found my unopened bottle of Crown Royal practically empty and the vodka that my dad had given me half empty (my dad died the year before so it was a bit sentimental for me). They had had a party and ran out of booze so they went into my room and drank it. She said they were going to replace it. Needless to say, I lost it on both of them and asked how they planned on replacing a bottle that my dad had given me and basically yelled at them for a good hour. I'm pretty sure he's still scared of me. Anything that didn't need to be in the fridge or freezer was put in my room and my door was locked anytime I left the house. I hated doing that because I loved my other roommates but I was livid.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hated having roommates in College. This one that I had, had her friend over and she (the friend) brought back 2 guys that she never met and screwed one of them. The other stole my VCR (yes, that long ago). This incident ended up getting her AND ME evicted (even though I was the victim). I ended up having no where to go and having to go fast, so I ended up getting a 2 bedroom apartment with her.
    She started working at a strip bar, and almost every morning I would wake up to go to school and find a drunk stripper passed out on my couch. Then she stole my rent money and called the cops on me when I demanded it back.

Never will I live with a roommate again!
    Last edited by i_forget; Mon, Dec 16th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    beckie.c and trishka like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've lived with two bi-polar people... never again! (yes clinically diagnosed one just before they moved in one while they were living with me)
    i_forget and trishka like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow I guess with all these bad roommate stories I guess I'm pretty lucky that the only issues I have currently is my roommate wearing shoes (and now winter boots) in the house and tracking in all the wet and salt all over the hardwood floor! Growing up if our shoes didn't come off the second we stepped in the house we would have been murdered and now it drives me crazy when people wear shoes all through the house!!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    My sister was/is a note leaver. I do not like note leavers. You have something to say to me, say it to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

one time i had a roomie text me "meet me at walmart!" and when i did she had a cart full of christmas decorations. when we got to the checkout she told the cashier "we'll be splitting the bill 50/50!" i wasn't expecting any of that! haha, and i was set to move a week later.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lot of time 2 good friends don't necessarily make 2 good room mates

People are pretty selfish thesedays , so you have to be careful thesedays

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I can totally sympathize with your situation. I'm in university now and roommates can be awful sometimes. Last year I ended up with three guy roommates (there was supposed to be another girl with me but it wasn't a big deal to me). Two of the guys I knew, one was my best friend and the other was one I met in residence and the last guy was just a random taking the spare room. We got to know each other and everything seemed cool except I noticed things going missing. My food was always gone,shampoo and body wash always disappeared way faster than I could use it, laundry soap was always near empty and I didn't use much at all being one person, I asked my other roommates and they said they didn't touch it or they would have told me and replaced it. I asked him and then he was like "Oh yeah I ate that, sorry" or "Yeah I don't have laundry soap left so I have been using yours". I didn't really mind if he was going to replace it but it took him forever to go to the store and buy it... I'm talking weeks here. I finally got up the nerve to say something when it was just me and him in the house for the weekend and it was during midterms so we wanted to order a pizza to save time on cooking dinner. We ordered two pizzas, some pop, and garlic sticks to share between the two of us and whatever was left over would just serve as lunch or whatever the next day. Well he invited some girl he was seeing over for the night and he ate his pizza and she ate some of mine which didn't really matter because I had a whole pizza anyways. The next day I wrote an exam and came home to study for another one I had the next day early in the morning. Went in the fridge to grab some pizza real quick and everything was gone! All his pizza, all my pizza, all the breadsticks, and all the pop (there were 6 cans left!) I asked them where all the food went and they laughed and said they ate it all and then asked me if i would mind throwing out the garbage from the boxes It wasn't a huge deal but when you are running on pretty much no sleep and can use all the spare time you can get to cram any last piece of information into your brain before exams you don't want to have to bother making dinner. After I was finished and finally sat down to eat dinner he turned to me and said can you give me the 20 dollars you owe me for the pizza!! I couldn't believe after him and this girl ate basically all of my food he was asking me for half the money to pay for it. I told him I wasn't going to give him 20 dollars because I only had 2 slices and a pop out of the entire order and he just stared at me saying "well you told me you were going to pay half." We just kind of left it there for the night because they were going out and I didn't want to argue when I could be studying. When my bestfriend came back early I told him what happened and he told the guy that I wasn't paying him anything and that he owed me a pizza for eating all of mine. They argued about it for a bit but the guy finally agreed to buy my dinner whenever I wanted but stuff like this was happening all the time and it was just exhausting feeling like I always had to have my stuff locked up in order for it to not go missing.

Hope your situation works itself out
    Last edited by Beah619; Sat, Dec 28th, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Oh my, seems like we have all been there! Op I sympathize with you, what kept me going was knowing that it was only temporary and not forever. I lived with a girl who is now a very close friend and this other guy from my hometown. His GF also practically lived with us and let's just say you could never ever turn the TV volume loud enough to drown them out. It was like they were trying to be disrespectful. He never did his own dishes. We got fed up with it and started dragging his dirty dishes to his bedroom, they finally started getting done. He never pitched in for groceries and me and my friend each purchased our own but had a respectful sharing policy. The last straw was coming home from grocery shopping one day. I purchased a whole bunch of fresh fruit, came home and jumped in the shower. By the time I got downstairs him and his gf had eaten half of it! So My gf and I decided to be just as ignorant and we took black marker to everything writing our names on item and went a little far by marking the level of the milk container and number of bread slices. He got a Uhaul the next day and decided to stay at his gfs place. It was awesome!

Just remember you do what you gotta do to get where you want to get! Hopefully things go back to normal soon.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Sat, Dec 28th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    DaveP and wolfwoman like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

One year I moved in with 4 friends and ended the year on bad terms with all of them! Over the Christmas break 4 of us went home and one stayed. I had a lock on my door because I didn't necessarily trust the one who was staying behind. I came back after the break and noticed that my comforter was upside down. I confronted the roommate and she said that some friends stayed over, picked my lock, and slept in my bed! I couldn't believe she wasn't even going to tell me; people could have been "intimate" in my bed and if I hadn't noticed the comforter I wouldn't have washed my sheets. I've never felt as violated in my life as I did that day, not knowing which of my things had been looked through and touched.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information