User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Should I call RCSS head office to complain???

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just now I went to RCSS saskatoon on 8th st, I saw a 50% off infant carseat(there is an pink 50%off stick on the box), there were 2 sitting there, so I got one, when I check out, the casher questioned me, is it really 50% off? I thought she also want one, so I told her happily, yes, there is another one there if you want. and then she called someone and asked him to check whether its really 50%, seemed she didn't believe its 50%, and she told me, there were problems on these kind of 50% off stuff, blah blah.....

Anyway I felt insulted by her, should I complain or its just I am too sensitive?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If there is a survey website on your store receipt, comment about the store experience through the survey. Maybe someone at HQ or store will get the message.

Some SCers have mentioned that various stores have store staff that discourage/challenge or complain about customers' deals that were found in the stores. The survey would be the best step just as a way of pointing out that it was odd.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did spent quite sometime on their survey few weeks ago talking about their service not good, but go no reply, it seemed they are not concern about bad attitude staff...
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some staff don't realize some of their comments are best kept for the staffroom and not shared on the store floor. Or there really is a problem with store communication to staff about deals or cashier was unaware of the deal. It would have helped if she just said that she was unaware of the offer and thank you for letting her know.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Some staff don't realize some of their comments are best kept for the staffroom and not shared on the store floor. Or there really is a problem with store communication to staff about deals or cashier was unaware of the deal. It would have helped if she just said that she was unaware of the offer and thank you for letting her know.

Thank you very much. Its just I was not born in Canada, I may misunderstand the culture here, I just felt insulted, because There was a big red stick on the box showing 50%off, if she questioned me, dosen't it mean she thought I put the stick on it myself?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Unfortunately, it's probably her job to check if she's unsure. Sometimes people take the 50% off stickers and put them on high value items. She might have made the "problems" comment to cover up in case you thought she was suspecting you of theft.

Way back in the early days of the green bin program, the cashier didn't put a sticker on the bin we got at Loblaws. The cashier at another store thought ours looked too new and perfect to not have been stolen so she called the manager on us. My husband was so offended that he hasn't gone back since. It's been over five years and the store is across the street from us. I took that box shopping several times until it looked quite roughed up before going into a store and asking for a sticker on it.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Aug 11th, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First off, congrats on the 50% off (even if you did get hassled)!
    Do car seats have long expiry dates? I know they can get quite expensive.

If you feel insulted, it doesn't hurt to complain. It's tough sometimes to know if someone is being purposefully rude, or if they are trying to be genuinely careful and are not wording their concerns right. The tough thing with stickers, is there are plenty of people who go around and put stickers on the wrong items - sometimes it's customers, sometimes it's staff that put it in the wrong place.

It sounds like you've had a pattern of bad behaviour come from this particular store though - so what I suggest is to write down the issues you've had with as much detail as possible (dates, what happened), and put it in an email/letter. Just explain that you've been less than satisfied with your experiences lately, and that perhaps they need to go over customer service with their team.

That's my suggestion anyway

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It is her job to check. She may have been told that there have been problems with the stickers (people moving them around/staff putting on wrong items). It's ok to verify these things as long as they do it in a respectful way. If she was rude about it, it is something the store manager should take care of. I don't think head office would pay attention because they'd want you to go through the manager first
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank your guys helping me understanding this situation, I might be too sensitive about this, because I never thought of there are people would switch the stick themselves, its not a very expensive carseat, 75 after discount. At first she didn't ask whether I have a pc plus card, she saw the big pink stick on her first sight of my cart, and asked me whether its really 50%off, after I said yes, she start to asking people to check the price and proceeding check out, after all checked, I gave her my pc card, I just thought I scanned my pc plus card, so they have enough infomation to track me down if i was cheating on any purchase.
    I just thought there are better ways to track or prevent people cheating on purchase, but assume a custermer cheating in the begining is not that comfortable. its similar to they ask to check your personal bag when u walk out store.
    Target had big discount on more expensive stuff, but they put the discounted price in their computer system, when scan, the price is discounted, no matter whethere there is a physical stick, I don't know why RCSS, such a big company can't make people's life easier.

anyway , I will write this on the reciept survey, hope they do better job in
    Last edited by shunshun; Mon, Aug 11th, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shunshun View Post
    Thank your guys helping me understanding this situation, I might be too sensitive about this, because I never thought of there are people would switch the stick themselves, its not a very expensive carseat, 75 after discount. At first she didn't ask whether I have a pc plus card, she saw the big pink stick on her first sight of my cart, and asked me whether its really 50%off, after I said yes, she start to asking people to check the price and proceeding check out, after all checked, I gave her my pc card, I just thought I scanned my pc plus card, so they have enough infomation to track me down if i was cheating on any purchase.
    I just thought there are better ways to track or prevent people cheating on purchase, but assume a custermer cheating in the begining is not that comfortable. its similar to they ask to check your personal bag when u walk out store.
    Target had big discount on more expensive stuff, but they put the discounted price in their computer system, when scan, the price is discounted, no matter whethere there is a physical stick, I don't know why RCSS, such a big company can't make people's life easier.

anyway , I will write this on the reciept survey, hope they do better job in
    My brother has done LP for Superstore and unfortunately people will remove pink stickers from certain items and put them on high ticketed items(baby gear/electronics/big seasonal items) to try and get the discount. The store my brother worked for the cashiers were told to watch out for pink stickers on baby gear/electronics/furniture(stuff that wouldn't normally have a pink sticker) and to check if they weren't sure if the sticker was correct.
    Unless she was really rude while asking about the sticker, I wouldn't complain to head office about her questioning something that she wasn't sure was right.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think if she nicely asked Oh, you got a good deal on this car seat, but there were some problems on these big discount sticks, may I ask someone to verify first? I would happily wait and see whether there is problem on my case.

BTW, the stick had no scrath and stick tightly, and was written original price on it, I can't see how to steal it from other product
    Name:  IMAG2676.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  61.8 KB
    ticul, MillieH and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It may also be a way of preventing internal staff fraud. They might check to be sure that the stickers are on the proper items as authorized by managers. People do get fired for this kind of stuff (I worked at Zellers back in the day and my supervisor was fired for "cause"! )

You got a great deal
    I think if she nicely asked Oh, you got a good deal on this car seat, but there were some problems on these big discount sticks, may I ask someone to verify first? I would happily wait and see whether there is problem on my case.

BTW, the stick had no scrath and stick tightly, and was written original price on it, I can't see how to steal it from other product
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Maybe think of it this way....when they check to make sure there has been no 'changing of stickers', it keeps prices down for all of us. When people commit fraud, and they sometimes do, by changing price tags or discount stickers it costs all of us money in the long run. I will say, though, that there is a tactful way to handle this as a cashier. Why not say to the customer, something to the effect that "unfortunately, because all of our customers are not as honest as you are, we are required to do a double-check on higher priced items that are pink stickered. If you'll just bear with me for a couple of minutes, I'll confirm and get you on your way as quickly as possible." That way the customer doesn't feel offended and the cashier is able to do her job properly.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I did spent quite sometime on their survey few weeks ago talking about their service not good, but go no reply, it seemed they are not concern about bad attitude staff...
    If you're not happy with the service at that location, I would just go to another one. That way, you won't be aggravated, life's to short. Customer service is in short demand with sales associates it seems these days, so if this is you're second experience at this store, it's definitely time to move on.

As the others replied, there is a lot of theft, and by checking, it's actually helping us all out. Theft is not only just not paying, but also getting larger items at a reduced price, when they shouldn't be. People try and change stickers all the time.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Tue, Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I have found " some" staff at RCSS give the worse service. Some of them are just mean spirited. I don't go to the same location .. the one near me < I used to go on Saturday mornings around 7am.. The CSm was on cash and was rude and unprofessional..

Last week, a friend and I went.. we were price matching and using coupons.. The cashier said I hate price matching and coupons.. Walmart never should have started it. The manager is standing right beside him and says nothing.. its crazy..

As per your not being English.. some people are racist sadly. I was at a clearance store and the cashier called someone to check the 20s the couple in front of me gave them because "they had been getting forgies" When I went through with my twenty.. they didn't do the same thing.
    Last edited by MillieH; Wed, Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
    ticul, shunshun and oscarandme like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information