User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Best Cell Phone Plan

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We are currently with Bell and very unhappy. We are locked into a contract with them until May of next year. Any one know of a company who will buy you out of your plan in order to get you to switch?

Best plans going these days? We need some long distance, data and texting.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My post is not much of help, but would like to ask you why are you unhappy with Bell?
    Last edited by Jane123; Mon, Aug 11th, 2014 at 06:15 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

According to my personal point of view the samsung coming and latest model is best.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wimbly,

I'm a big fan of Telus. I switched from Bell because their customer service was just lacking... and they didn't really want to do anything to keep me around when my contract expired. In fact, they had little to no interest to offer me what new activations get. seems they were more interested in bringing in new customers than keeping the ones they had.

So at the time, Telus had a better offer at the time I switched (going on 8 years ago now), and I never looked back.

When I lost my job 2 years ago, I called ONLY to check my daytime usage (because I knew I was using it more, not having a work phone anymore) -- and they automatically doubled my airtime at no extra cost. "This is what we are offering new users, so we can offer it to you too." -- good luck getting that from Bell.

And JUST today, I was inquiring about upgrading to a new phone... and the girl at the store looked up my account noticed I was paying $8 for a service that just dropped to $6... so she re-adjusted it for me. NO PROMPTING... she just did it. Seriously... taking care of their customers is what Telus has been good for.

---

NOW... that being said... this is a great time to be thinking about jumping carriers. Although Telus wont likely buy out your Bell contract, you may get a VERY competitive package from Telus. The Back-To-School promo packages are usually pretty sweet. A few years ago I got one that included a 6gb Data plan, unlimited text, 200 daytime minutes, with unlimited evenings (6pm), weekends, and a top-ten favorites that were unlimited talk, text, LD... all for $65. -- that was a Back To School plan then. I've been clenching on to that plan tight because no plan has come close.

Another good deal, if you're located in their coverage area, is Wind Mobile. They have very good "unlimited" plans at some decent rates. But they aren't in full coverage across Canada, so I'd check into them to see what they offer.

Again, I'm not sure Wind, or anyone, will "buy out" your Bell contract. but it might be worth you paying that penalty if you can get on with a killer plan from another provider.
    mulock and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In all honesty I am not sure any service providers will buy out contracts anymore on the personal level, the only time I have seen this done is on corporate accounts.
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post

Another good deal, if you're located in their coverage area, is Wind Mobile. They have very good "unlimited" plans at some decent rates. But they aren't in full coverage across Canada, so I'd check into them to see what they offer.

Again, I'm not sure Wind, or anyone, will "buy out" your Bell contract. but it might be worth you paying that penalty if you can get on with a killer plan from another provider.
    Will agree with Wind if you are in the coverage area. We have Wind. A basic plan with unlimited Canada-wide text, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited data (yes, that is unlimited data) is $35/month. If you have two or more phones with them on the same plan, you save (save $5 per month with two phones, $15 per month with three, etc.). If you want Canada-wide calling plus the text and data (still unlimited), it's $40 per month. The plans with US calling are $50 and $60 per month.

Dh has been with Wind for 3.5 years, I have been with them over a year. We also had dh's daughter on our plan with them. There are no contracts with Wind. We've been very happy with them.

I tried Mobilicity before Wind and was very unhappy with them.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not familiar with other companies buying out the contract. I would phone a few places to inquire. I'm with Koodo on their prepaid plan. Koodo runs on the Telus towers. The base plans start at $15.00 per month for unlimited text and picture messaging (sent from Canada) to Canada, USA and internationally. They offer boosters. $10.00 gives you 100 minutes Canada wide calling. $25.00 for 500 minutes. The boosters don't expire. You just buy another top up card, pay by credit card etc, when your minutes are low or gone. They also have data boosters which don't expire either. And they offer monthly plans too. Here is the link to the prepaid plans.. http://koodomobile.com/en/mb/plansandboosters.shtml. Their customer service is good too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

BIG fan of fido! I've been with them for 3.5 years! They are affordable ,have good coverage and awesome customer service plus you can constantly change your plan without renewing your contract (this is customary with rogers)
    Not sure about buying you out- I would call Bells customer retention and see what they can do. If they can't make the service better that department might be able to waive fees.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    We are currently with Bell and very unhappy. We are locked into a contract with them until May of next year. Any one know of a company who will buy you out of your plan in order to get you to switch?

If you have Wind Mobile in your area , this new plan from them is great..check it out.

will launch on August 21

Wind Mobile celebrates back-to-school season with new Wind 35 plan

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/14/wi...-wind-35-plan/

Wind Mobile dropping rates for users roaming in USA and Canada, will offer 3G speeds across Canada

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/13/wi...sa-and-canada/
    Turn to Wiki Thread
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also think that Samsung is providing the best smartphones with exclusive features. You may certainly go with this. The brand has in fact, captured the market and the rend is going a long way forward.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've heard a lot of good about Fido from many people. May need to start going booth to booth and making some deals lol
    Ciel likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I guess the answer to your request is that many people have their favourites and there is no clear "Best Cell Phone Plan". Nobody is talking highly of Rogers or Bell though
    Ciel and FreeIsMyFavourite like this.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post

Hi,

don't quote me on this but I think cell phone companies can only charge you a max of 2 months or maybe it's 3? I know there is a rule somewhere for this. So technically you aren't locked into a contract, you can escape

We are with Rogers- it's hit & miss with them. The good thing is their reception is really good. But customer service is just okay. It's definitely better than bell though. That's who we switched from too

Wind mobile I heard has good rates, but they have different zones for calling and apparently their plans with data aren't very good.

Telus I have heard good things about, Fido I don't have too much information on. Don't sign up with Koodo - I would give Roger's an 8 out of 10- they are reliable and their customer service is alright. Their pricing could be a bit more competitive though!
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice post........

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    Hi,

don't quote me on this but I think cell phone companies can only charge you a max of 2 months or maybe it's 3? I know there is a rule somewhere for this. So technically you aren't locked into a contract, you can escape

We are with Rogers- it's hit & miss with them. The good thing is their reception is really good. But customer service is just okay. It's definitely better than bell though. That's who we switched from too

Wind mobile I heard has good rates, but they have different zones for calling and apparently their plans with data aren't very good.

Telus I have heard good things about, Fido I don't have too much information on. Don't sign up with Koodo - I would give Roger's an 8 out of 10- they are reliable and their customer service is alright. Their pricing could be a bit more competitive though!
    if you don't care about customer service (i.e. having a store you can go to, to talk to someone in person or tech support) Public Mobile has by far the best plans.

You just need a phone that will work on the Telus network and then they have the cheapest plans. They will send you the SIm card for free and to activate is a simple procedure on their website.

If you don't need data the 25$ plan can't be beat.

If you need data the 40$ plan adds 1GB of data to the 25$ plan. adding 5$ more the 45$ plan includes unlimited calling to the US.

Public Mobile shares the Telus network so the coverage is really good. There are no contracts since its a "prepaid" service. The hardest thing about Public Mobile is getting a phone. You can use any phone as long as it is unlocked and/or will work on the Telus Network.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information