User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Have you ever found something in a product that didn't belong there?

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

A friend of mine bought their son a Cars, Mater Takes Off sticker book from SDM over the weekend and she found a used finger cot in it!!!!! She sent me pictures...it even looks a little yellow....Ew. So, yeah, she's ticked (obviously). She said it was stuck inside the staple of the book.
    Anyway, I told her to email the company and tell them. Which she did and they just told her to take it back to SDM. Seriously? I mean who knows what the person had wearing the finger cot....they should at least send her a replacement coupon and show a little more concern regarding the matter. Not just, "please take it back to where you purchased it". and then "Our manufacturers try to maintain a high standard of quality in all our publications, however there are occasional bindery errors." ......I think this qualifies as more than a bindery error!!!!!! So infuriating!

Guess I am ranting on her behalf...although it does make me angry seeing how they responded to the situation.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh yuck. Yes, once I made sloppy joes and served in on naan. my DS bit on a small pebble/stone. At first I thought it was in the sauce but it was in the naan. Luckily he didn't crack his tooth.
    hollyquaiscer and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

The one that I remember the most is a hair deep fried in my fish at a restaurant I don't visit anymore although I did get my meal free.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

In this case, I would agree with the company in requesting she return it back to SDM for a refund. Unfortunately, in both consumer goods (non food) and in food, there is a "Standard" of acceptable contamination. Since she purchased it that same day, it's something that can easily be returned, it's not like a can of beans that has been opened. Especially in toy factories that are so huge, and can in fact have the parts made in several different locations, and then assembled in yet another place, it can be really hard to track down where this in fact happened.

Hopefully your friend gave the company the information they needed to try and track down the assembly line where this was done. Then the plant can reassess the machinery to ensure that it's all working correctly. Unfortunately wherever humans come in contact with a product, there is room for error, it happens. I'm just thankful that she noticed it first and not her ds or dd whom may have started playing with the item.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I once opened a jar of honey and found a dead bee on top of the honey in the jar. I wrote a letter, yes I did, to the company and stated something like, " I know your product is fresh, but really!". I then received a whole case of honey as a way of saying "sorry". Mind you that had to be 25 years ago. I doubt that it would happen like that today.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

When my oldest was a baby I was feeding her Heinz baby food blueberries and found part of a chicken bone in it. Needless to say I stopped feeding her baby food after that and made homemade food for my toddler

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup on Sunday I made the Schneiders Naturals hamburgers and found what had to be either a bone or cartiledge. Good thing I didn't damage any teeth........

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ew....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that reminds me of a few years ago...won't name the restaurant my DH had a cesear salad and the salad had dirt on it. when he pointed it out to the hostess she said, "Well it comes from the earth."
    Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    The one that I remember the most is a hair deep fried in my fish at a restaurant I don't visit anymore although I did get my meal free.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

last yr i bought a duvet on ottawa st...it was half price, so i got one for my mum in law. when i put it on my bed there was something INSIDE one of the sqares..i held it up to the light & it was an orange gummy candy!
    wth?

so instead of lugging it all the way back to exchanged it...i just made a small cut & removed the gummi & sewed it up. ;-)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom has found plastic bits in organic sugar from a zipper top bag. I personally like Redpath or Lantic sugar from the store but she wants organic-a surprise inside guaranteed from time to time.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I once had a big piece of plastic in a bag of twizzlers. Company said it was probably from their machinery.
    Ciel, torontogal12, lghend and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I can easily list a hundred things...I have the worst luck.

The most recent is Gold Seal wild salmon, bought a bunch that was on sale. Ate 2 cans, the 3rd can I pick out a piece and find a worm curled inside the meat. Threw out the can, return the rest of the stock pile, don't even bother complain to them.
    abbasgirl, Ciel, lghend and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ugh!
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ewwww, yucky. So disturbing to think/read about it. I know it's so common but still.....yuck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information