User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: why do some people(not all-a small amount) on here want gold for coupons

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Expired
    I am sorry just had to get this off my chest -I did a trade with a fellow canucker-everybody wanted freee coupons form her for what "smellies"I cant believe how people cant realize they are only coupons (not GOLD)-so I traded with her no problem even gave this trader a lot more than she could give me (who cares along as it benefits us both) I have high value listed on my trade page(only have a few)but if someone wanted to offer a good trade for regular coupons I needed hey I am all game)
    -when I was trading for formula coupons for my granddaughter 8.00 Enfamil there was a lot of traders that were nice some even sent some no trade required-then there was a few that were so "greedy"
    -I have been couponing for many years 30 some odd and love trading one on one -I never have enough coupons for virtuals -a lot of people want 5.00 coupons now or all callin or hard to find coupons
    -come on people lets do some awesome one on one trading on here -open up your hearts too(don't get me wrong lots do are very generous -its just a few -but when I heard that from this trader I thought -wow -maybe she didn't have free coupons I don't as I don't want to do face book
    -I have a friend from smart canuckers -we meet every few months -she invites me into her home and she always gives me more coupons than I give her -so nice and kind of her-she does a bit more trading than me and gets out there for more shopping than me -I only have 2 in my house
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't really traded on here, don't have time to make a wish list/trade list and can't remember to use the coupons I have 99% of the time. But the few times I have tried to "trade"(usually it's a RAOK), I always get a message back that my coupon values aren't high enough(anytime I've offered someone coupons they're multiples for at least 5.00 off the product). I don't even bother anymore.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I find some people are just greedy and want to make money off some of these coupons and make money for the person . That is why some of the high value coupons are gone in days at the stores because people here take multiples - more than 10 and trade or sell them for money. I notice people just take them even though they would never use them and just sell them on here for GCs or high value coupons.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree with above posts. I have not traded much either, mostly just raok'ed coupons because people ask too much or want gift cards etc. I am usually running in and out of the stores a lot of the time and forget to check the board or take my coupons but when do remember to check a lot of the coupons are already gone. I used to pickup 1 or 2 coupons of almost everything on board in the hope of trading but found that I don't have time to organize, make wishlist or trade list and most people are not ready to trade for them anyways so why bother. Now I just take few I know I might end up using.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I love trading but things have changed especially over the past year. There were a lot more people trading coupons last year but some of that was because of stacking in the west . Another thing is that many coupons have shorter expiries which discourages people from taking the time to make a trade list and upkeep it. I think if it was easier to create trade and wish lists, more people would do it. It would be awesome if someone made a program that lists all the current coupons and you could just put an amount beside the ones you had to trade (and the same for the wish list).

As well, I don't think everyone knows that the trade search engine searches the trade list on a person's profile page, not their made up list in the trading forum. Very few people upkeep both a list in the trading forum and on their profile page so there is no easy way to search for who has what coupons.

Some of the people who are trying to trade on a daily basis do so to make money so they want as much as possible for their coupons. I coupon to save as much money as possible so I try to trade with like-minded people. Trading coupons should be a money saver not a money maker. Other people trading have been doing so for a while and just don't need every item out there. Like myself, the coupons I'm lf are harder to get/find, so for those that trade with me I try to be as generous as possible.

Don't be discouraged from trading. The vast majority of trades I've done here have been great and I've gotten to know some super people through trading and SC.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

There are plenty of fantastic traders kicking around. I have shaken my head at some offers, but moved along! What goes around comes around

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh don't get me wrong I have been on here for 5 years and love trading(by no means am I discourged-i have couponed for 30 some odd years) -I may trade once or twice a month -depending on what I need only 2 of us -and anne is right there are many awesome traders on here ( and i love smart canucks-have met many wonderfull people on here virtual and in person)I guess in that moment last night I wanted to rant-yes anne what goes around comes around-my mom always use to say that

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh I completely understand and agree with everyone so far. I love to help and with the postage rates going up well it has slowed down my helping out. But I find that helping is part of the foundation of couponing. We find them for free, we save with them and if they can help a fellow couponer awesome. I still have not mastered the values and it will be 2 years I have been couponing wth SC and I do not get it at all still, and then if a sale comes-up the value of that same coupon comes up??? And I find like my coupons are mostly mainstream as I call them so lots of FPCs (Free Product Coupons), I do not have an arsenal of those and healthy foods too, well I am using so if someone wants coupons I am using well there goes any possibility of trading. And I hate to have to offer a Gift Card, have offered and then regretted doing so a few times, thank goodness they fell through but savings is the main goal. I too have a few SC friends and other websites that we watch-out for each other and help each other out because of geography some coupons come out in different regeions and it often works out for one another. I will never understand the values and (I am having an epiphany here) I think I don't want to be honest because I do not want to become "that" trader that nickle and dimes, not that everyone who knows the values nickle and dimes -don't get me wrong..and don't read this wrong please...I want to stay a helpful and thoughtful and plentiful trader. Sometimes the coupons are not always the exact UPC on trade list (when adding extras), apart from negotiated ones...it is fun to add or recive a few extras to maybe try a new product, give coupon to a neighbour or leave as a coupon fairy . They might help out later or someone elses' wish list too.

There are sooo many awesome traders here but we just need to find each other that matches each others needs. Same with same and then everyone is happy I guess. You know coupon girl you can always count on me if you need anything, just PM me,if I have it -it is yours. I understand and hear you sister!!! I have been looking for some Uncle Bens Bistro coupons and you have no idea the trouble I have gone through and I don't even like the stuff, DH likes it but the grief...
    Last edited by oscarandme; Thu, Oct 2nd, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do not trade. I tried it a few times and was "ripped off" so to speak, so I do not even bother. Now I clip for myself and my mom and grandma. Everything else is a pain. When I think about the cost (postage), and (my time) and effort, it is not worth it.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

every hobby costs some amount of money -so sorry you were ripped off -trading is so beneficial to my savings money on things I buy -plus last year saved my son about 190 on formula from those 8.00 Enfamil + coupons
    Liliia, SnowFlakey, sdddmd and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would love to do some trading especially for formula and diaper coupons as I am expecting in Dec. But I was ripped off on a trade and have been afraid too ever since. Once sent someone 200.00 in similac cheques and coupons.This was 2 years ago and have gotten over that and wanted to try again but looking at what people want for these coupons it's a bit crazy lol. Oh well working those pc points and shoppers points.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Most of the stuff I coupon for goes to charity. 3/4 of the crest toothpaste we got this summer, went to our local food bank, the free tampons i got yesterday will go to a womans shelter one of our friends runs. I think couponing is about helping each other and the community out. If I ever have any coupon you need I will gladly send it to you, you dont have to send me anything. Once I said how i couldnt get any cavendish fries coupons because its hard to find tear pad coupons in quebec, and 2 people pm'd me and wanted to send their coupons to me without me doing anything for them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I am always trading for SDM Gc as I dont have coupons to trade. Some people are just out of this world. Thei are making a business out of coupons. The only thing thei want is Gc. Dont get me wrong for $5 SDM some really nice woman send me more coupons expected.

LIKE ANNE SAID

There are plenty of fantastic traders kicking around. I have shaken my head at some offers, but moved along! What goes around comes around

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't do huge trades either, if i have them and you want them i'll give them to you. And if you don't have anything I need, guess what, i will more than likely still give you the coupons.

Karma....you get back what you put out!

oh, and if anyone is looking for coupons from the RED PLUM that came out this week, pm me....I won't use any of them! And guess what? You don't even have to give me anything in return.

unless it's chocolate...I would happily trade for some chocolate!!!

Edited to add: someone took me up on my redplum offer, so the following coupons are no longer available from the redplum insert:
    0.75$ Barilla
    0.75$ Silk soy
    2$ Clear

if any other coupons in the insert interest you, pm me!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I haven't had any problems trading but then i don't really trade. Like Sunshyne1 said, if I have the coupons and you need them, I'll just give them to you. The demands for trading coupons has really gotten bonkers.
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information