User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Time of Use Electricity Rates

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Maybe 5 minutes of power outage occurred in the late part of 3 pm towards 4pm-I was concluding grasscutting work yesterday (since there was no rain until a little dropped then) and Mom pointed out the blinking stove clock.
    2019 #Gold

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Muggy five days ahead for Southern Ontario. If you have Time of Use rates, try to avoid 11am-5pm weekday usage of air conditioners where possible. Nights are going to be tough as well. Make lots of iced tea or whatever mix you have for cold non-alcoholic drinks by the pitcher.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.
    2019 #Gold

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Muggy five days ahead for Southern Ontario. If you have Time of Use rates, try to avoid 11am-5pm weekday usage of air conditioners where possible. Nights are going to be tough as well. Make lots of iced tea or whatever mix you have for cold non-alcoholic drinks by the pitcher.
    My AC works so much harder to cool it down if I have it off at peak that it ends up costing the same. I do close all the blinds to keep the heat out though
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My sibling has taken to fully opening the windows when he is watching tv and putting the 3-speed fan on at night. I usually have the lined curtains in dining room and living room mostly closed but windows are open. My worst fear during any hot day or heat wave is any outdoor breeze NOT coming into the house and moving air indoors. When the air is still indoors on those hot days, we have to get outside for relief. The house then feels like an oven baking bread!
    2019 #Gold

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A friend told me that Monday is a weekend rate day for Hydro One customers. I checked online and she's right! Enjoy that air conditioning blitz during the hot spell.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    2019 #Gold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information