User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Time of Use Electricity Rates

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Maybe 5 minutes of power outage occurred in the late part of 3 pm towards 4pm-I was concluding grasscutting work yesterday (since there was no rain until a little dropped then) and Mom pointed out the blinking stove clock.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Muggy five days ahead for Southern Ontario. If you have Time of Use rates, try to avoid 11am-5pm weekday usage of air conditioners where possible. Nights are going to be tough as well. Make lots of iced tea or whatever mix you have for cold non-alcoholic drinks by the pitcher.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Muggy five days ahead for Southern Ontario. If you have Time of Use rates, try to avoid 11am-5pm weekday usage of air conditioners where possible. Nights are going to be tough as well. Make lots of iced tea or whatever mix you have for cold non-alcoholic drinks by the pitcher.
    My AC works so much harder to cool it down if I have it off at peak that it ends up costing the same. I do close all the blinds to keep the heat out though
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My sibling has taken to fully opening the windows when he is watching tv and putting the 3-speed fan on at night. I usually have the lined curtains in dining room and living room mostly closed but windows are open. My worst fear during any hot day or heat wave is any outdoor breeze NOT coming into the house and moving air indoors. When the air is still indoors on those hot days, we have to get outside for relief. The house then feels like an oven baking bread!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A friend told me that Monday is a weekend rate day for Hydro One customers. I checked online and she's right! Enjoy that air conditioning blitz during the hot spell.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

May to October 2019-Summer rates/times for those on ON hydro companies using time of use billing:
    https://www.hydroone.com/rates-and-b...cing-and-costs

Some hydro customers are still on tiered billing, meaning their first 750kwh might be billed at a low rate, then any other kwh used above that first 750 level gets billed at a higher rate for the rest of the month. Check with your hydro provider.

Ontario hydro customers may also get an 8% rebate on their electric bills.
    If Ontario ever manages to get rid of Daylight Savings Time, I don't know if that would change the seasonal rates/times too.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hydro One is treating the Civic Holiday as a weekend day (Time-of-Use holiday), so all 24h are on lowest rate price.
    https://www.hydroone.com/rates-and-b...cing-and-costs
    barbis9 and sweetmomma like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

OESP- Ontario Electricity Support Program.

Make sure people who are eligible are applying. If they don't get enough applications they usually kill the program as they think there is No need for it.

https://ontarioelectricitysupport.ca

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/412468...2016-a-canada/
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Sometimes in summer, I actually water my house from outside. The water evaporates and cools down the house quickly.

Like I will spray the walls and Windows with a hose from outside. Cleans the house too. Will spray the roof/shingles too if the water from the garden hose reaches that far.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

New program from ON government, if you are struggling to pay Hydro bills and if you are low income.

https://www.affordabilityfund.org/#overview

If the cost of energy-saving upgrades is out of reach, Ontario’s new AffordAbility Fund is here for you.

Your local electric utility and community services are working together to help you improve your home’s energy efficiency with free energy-saving upgrades, which can lower your home’s energy use and your electricity bill.

You may qualify for free upgrades, including:

ENERGY STAR® certified LEDs

ENERGY STAR® certified appliances

Insulation and weatherstripping
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Sep 7th, 2019 at 01:44 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontarians, you might actually want to sleep-in on Nov. 3 when Standard Time returns. Why? Have you seen the price hikes for time-of-use hydro starting Nov.1 (also Winter TOU period)? You might not like them. Try not to scream at kids on Halloween but maybe set a lights-out timeline, as it is a school night.

https://www.oeb.ca/newsroom/2019/ont...all-businesses

I'm printing off the rate page to share with family at home.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Ontarians, you might actually want to sleep-in on Nov. 3 when Standard Time returns. Why? Have you seen the price hikes for time-of-use hydro starting Nov.1 (also Winter TOU period)? You might not like them. Try not to scream at kids on Halloween but maybe set a lights-out timeline, as it is a school night.

https://www.oeb.ca/newsroom/2019/ont...all-businesses

I'm printing off the rate page to share with family at home.
    The rates are not only changing but the bills will be too.

The partial HST rebate will no longer be shown and the previous govt discount included in prices will be rolled into it as one larger rebate. So prices may look even higher than the TOU shows
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@FallenPixels I had no idea that the rebate/discount won't be shown! I read that the rebate will be increased. More reason to reach for the leftover candy on Oct. 31.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rice-1.5321064
    I'll have to print this item off tomorrow.

Think candlepower and camp lights are going to increase in use as a result of the rate hikes. Not everyone can wait for 7pm or weekends to get some cooking/washing/tv watching done though with electricity.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

@FallenPixels I had no idea that the rebate/discount won't be shown! I read that the rebate will be increased. More reason to reach for the leftover candy on Oct. 31.

Think candlepower and camp lights are going to increase in use as a result of the rate hikes. Not everyone can wait for 7pm or weekends to get some cooking/washing/tv watching done though with electricity.
    The overall bill should be $11-20 extra per year under the new rates (and about $2/month for the average household) after rebate. But going to make checking usage online a lot more difficult
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah, what a joke.

Kind of like the money being wasted on puttin the No carbon tax gas stickers on gas pumps. They are all peeling off & tax payers money is being wasted.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information