engo, kimijeen and amira84 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    You can combine today's $20.00 off coupon with you food& snacks coupon. Yhere should be no problem at all, i have done it successfly in the past.
    Thanks!!! I'll try the 5-step tonight.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Thanks. So as long as it's not a 20x the points on product or points to be added later, you'll get the bonus points?

That's right. Get bonus pts while redeeming pts..... as kevin o'leary says, "stop the madness!" Lol
    engo, sdddmd and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's right. Get bonus pts while redeeming pts..... as kevin o'leary says, "stop the madness!" Lol
    @ amira84 - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Made another redemption tonight with $20 off coupon, 8000 pts wus $30 on food/snack coupon, and 2000 pts wus $5 canned soup coupon. Paid $1.50 and 40,000 pts for $106.50 worth of food items. Took care of some of the food items I was planning to get this weekend. Feels like the Super Spend Point Event started early.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post
    @ amira84 - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Made another redemption tonight with $20 off coupon, 8000 pts wus $30 on food/snack coupon, and 2000 pts wus $5 canned soup coupon. Paid $1.50 and 40,000 pts for $106.50 worth of food items. Took care of some of the food items I was planning to get this weekend. Feels like the Super Spend Point Event started early.

yayyyyyyyy! Super clapping for you! I am very happy and proud of you!

Hope other people learn from these forums as much as they can! With the rising cost of every necessity it's getting more important for us to combine deals/coupons/rebates etc.
    engo, sdddmd and Anna Michele like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by uanoor View Post
    Now I prefer to do regular redemption with a $20 off coupon (we got almost every 2nd week for Fridays) when ever some required item is on sale. Its like for 50K points spend $105 - $20 = $85 (same like this soooper redemption) with no tension no rush and usually good sale prices. Learn with experience here with SCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    Uanoor, is it the $20 off $75 purchase coupon? can you explain a bit or point me to the link of how this works? does it mean i can pick $105 stuff, get $20 off and pay the remaining $85 by redeeming 50k pts? The $20 off $75 purshase coupon stated need to purchase $75 after redemption, not sure how this works. Thanks!
    That's right ... pick $105 worth of stuff and get $20 off, then pay the remaining $85 by redeeming 50k pts. I just did it this morning.
    This strategy really interests me. But how is it possible when the $20 off coupon reads:

*Present this coupon at any participating SDM store and use for payment on
    your purchase of $75 or more before taxes and after discounts and redemptions.

If you're redeeming on a purchase of $105, then the balance after redeemption of 50,000 pts ($85) is $20, not $75.

What am I missing/not getting? Would love to be able to do this!

Silk
    nash0109, sdddmd, LoveCpn and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    This strategy really interests me. But how is it possible when the $20 off coupon reads:

If you're redeeming on a purchase of $105, then the balance after redeemption of 50,000 pts ($85) is $20, not $75.

Silk
    It honestly depends on your cashier. If you had them the coupon first, they scan it and then you say I want to redeem for the rest. Because its not an obvious redemption day most cashiers won't ask or say anything. The computer accepts it, but not all cashiers will.
    engo, sdddmd, Anna Michele and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

Silk

honestly, i dont know why it works but it does work. If you see it in a way that you are paying for all this stuff with your points then it makes sense that this works.

and, you know the deal with sdm coupons' terms. Every coupon says " not to be used in conjunction with any other offer", and it is such a wide statement that some cashiers think that coupon cant be used on sale priced items, some cashiers think that 20x PRODUCT bonus points cant be used on a 20x wus $50.00 days which boils my mind. It's totally unfair to reject taking coupons for 10x/15x/20x pts on PRODUCTS during 20x days. Their own receipt classifies "product bonus pts", "department bonus pts", " transaction bonus pts" in seperate lines. This means that these pts are seperate pts and we can use them on a 20x day. Had it been that we couldnt use product/department bonus pts on a 20x or 18500 bonus pts days based on their "not to be used...." Terms, it would have been totally cheating from sdm to offer bonus pts on different products on a bonus pts shop days.
    for example, offering 20x pts on physicians formula in their flyer on a bonus 20x shop days can kead to big lawsuits if we let cashiers interpret our coupons as "not to be used.....blah blah".

sorry i went a little off topic but i had to vent it out and let everyone know to be confident on combinning product bonus pts with transaction bonus pts (the big coupon they sent in friday personalized coupons but not the 30x wus everything etc, on a 20x or 18500 flyer bonus promo days.
    Silk, engo, sdddmd and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    It honestly depends on your cashier. If you had them the coupon first, they scan it and then you say I want to redeem for the rest. Because its not an obvious redemption day most cashiers won't ask or say anything. The computer accepts it, but not all cashiers will.
    And what then if the cashier doesn't accept the coupon ? I wouldn't want to do the transaction.....put everything back lol
    engo and sdddmd like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    And what then if the cashier doesn't accept the coupon ? I wouldn't want to do the transaction.....put everything back lol
    I usually say, (in a very nice way) " I've done this before and it has always worked", can you please try it? Then I say, I was told that the system won't accept the coupon if it doesn't work..but if the system accepts the coupon then it will work..this has always worked for me, and I have never had a problem...but if I did have a problem I would definitely leave everything at the cash and try another SDM, if there's one close by...Good luck!!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

My entire redemption strategy just changed lol... My original strategy was to go way across town bright and early Saturday to a store that had both grocery items and Benefit cosmetics...

I was in the small shoppers in the mall where I work, looking at the Benefit gift sets (they don't carry many grocery items) and I said to the beauty associate that I was going to redeem for two on Saturday. She smiled and told me that they always start their redemption weekends on Friday, so I could redeem tomorrow morning if I wanted and she would hold the gift sets for me... she also told me that the mall is having a Black Friday promo so if come in the morning before lunch, they will have an extra $20 off coupon. It will cost me an extra 5000 pts, but I'm going to do a $105+$20 beauty redemption Friday and then $105 grocery redemption at the SDM by my home on Saturday. Now I don't have to drive across the city bright and early Saturday morning
    Silk, hcao, momof3heathens and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

^ ^ ^ As I get older (and less energetic) convenience is worth it to me......
    Silk, JadeAngel, ancarett and 3 others like this.

josask
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I had planned out most of my redemptions and but after seeing some prices in other flyers this weekend, I just can't justify the prices at SDM .
    I had planned on getting the conair Infinity curling iron which is $120 at SDM but it's at SS tomorrow for $79 and no tax. The video game I was going to get is $20 cheaper at Target, and I haven't found a store here that sells Keurig even though they were in the flyer. Not feeling as excited about this weekend as I was earlier this week.......
    hcao and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by josask View Post
    I had planned out most of my redemptions and but after seeing some prices in other flyers this weekend, I just can't justify the prices at SDM .
    I had planned on getting the conair Infinity curling iron which is $120 at SDM but it's at SS tomorrow for $79 and no tax. The video game I was going to get is $20 cheaper at Target, and I haven't found a store here that sells Keurig even though they were in the flyer. Not feeling as excited about this weekend as I was earlier this week.......
    I agree, sometimes we get so caught up in points and what we think we're saving, when we might get it cheaper somewhere else..I just know I try to get the best deal for my family and I..wouldn't it be nice if SDM price matched, one can only dream!!!!
    Silk and web3 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

thank you all! i will try this strategy next time! always learning so much from you experts here!!
    That's right ... pick $105 worth of stuff and get $20 off, then pay the remaining $85 by redeeming 50k pts. I just did it this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    honestly, i dont know why it works but it does work. If you see it in a way that you are paying for all this stuff with your points then it makes sense that this works.

and, you know the deal with sdm coupons' terms. Every coupon says " not to be used in conjunction with any other offer", and it is such a wide statement that some cashiers think that coupon cant be used on sale priced items, some cashiers think that 20x PRODUCT bonus points cant be used on a 20x wus $50.00 days which boils my mind. It's totally unfair to reject taking coupons for 10x/15x/20x pts on PRODUCTS during 20x days. Their own receipt classifies "product bonus pts", "department bonus pts", " transaction bonus pts" in seperate lines. This means that these pts are seperate pts and we can use them on a 20x day. Had it been that we couldnt use product/department bonus pts on a 20x or 18500 bonus pts days based on their "not to be used...." Terms, it would have been totally cheating from sdm to offer bonus pts on different products on a bonus pts shop days.
    for example, offering 20x pts on physicians formula in their flyer on a bonus 20x shop days can kead to big lawsuits if we let cashiers interpret our coupons as "not to be used.....blah blah".

sorry i went a little off topic but i had to vent it out and let everyone know to be confident on combinning product bonus pts with transaction bonus pts (the big coupon they sent in friday personalized coupons but not the 30x wus everything etc, on a 20x or 18500 flyer bonus promo days.
    amira84 likes this.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information