User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Affordable kitchen cabinet hardware?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am redoing my kitchen this summer, and need new cabinet pulls. I know that home depot has some packets of ten for $25 or so, so does Kent. Not really a fan of the look of most of those. But, there was one I can live with
    Otherwise, all I can think of is to pay out the a** for those individual pulls that are on display, or go to Habitat and hope for the best.
    I don't want to spend a whole lot on each, like $3 max lol... because I need almost twenty of them... but I am picky about the style and want something very modern and clean.
    Anyone have any ideas where I can order these at an at cost price?
    I'm refacing, so these companies I've been consulting with say to supply my own hardware.
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot
    Last edited by pamplemousse; Wed, Jun 8th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I ordered ceramic knobs from this site, really cheap on clearance. (They have a location in Halifax, don't know if you are close, but I ordered online.)

They have some unusual pulls - check the sales pages as well
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...,43520&p=43564
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...t=3,43520&ap=1
    lecale likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband and I just replaces all of our pulls and handles in our kitchen. We shopped around ALOT but found that almost everywhere had the same pricing....there were a few sites online that might have been a few cents cheaper, We have a contact at one of the local stores who gets items at cost+10% and she said that there was literally no savings even at that price.

We ended up getting them at Rona...cost us around 130$

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What about Happy Harry's?? They use to have a discount section on knobs... or check Kijiji someone might have them on there and buy a can of spray paint they can look modern and new again..
    "Coupons are good for your Health and Purse" Happy Coupon-ing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try ikea

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How about the sales section at www.abodent.com ? or www.knobsorpulls.com they both seem to offer unique and affordable knobs with cheap shipping to USA and Canada.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I know this doesn't help you but when I was looking for new cabinet handles and knobs last year I found one I loved on display in Home Depot. They looked it up in their little book for me.... $16 each. I needed 31. I nearly choked. Same price at Kent. No way. I got online, found the exact same pull (Kraftmaid brand) at Lowe's in the states for $4 each. Even with shipping I saved hundreds. Nothing like seeing first hand how much we are being hosed North of the border.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I love lee valley!! you can also try a habitat for humanity re-fit store. just google to see if there's one near you.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

A couple of my friends have found really nice ones for a great price on Ebay. I'm redoing my kitchen cabinets too and the pulls and hinges are so expensive! I'm refinishing all the doors and frame, what a chore! But they're looking like new and really nice for the price of some sand paper and a can of stain. I've bought pulls for other projects at Walmart, Ikea and Habitats restore. It's hard to find enough of one type at Habitats restore. There are tons on Ebay though and even with shipping the price is better.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the ideas, guys!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi...,Nice post.
    I just replace my home kitchen cabinet furniture from this place(shown given below name).I think it is the right place to see and buy nice stuff in furniture as well as kitchen cabinet designs...try this.I hope this will be guide you...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

When I replaced some of the pulls last year, we made a costly mistake. Didn't measure the holes between the two screws...Not all are created equal.

If the existing holes will be filled during the resurfacing..not a problem. Mine weren't, so ended up buying two sets.

Just a heads-up.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caroman View Post
    I love lee valley!! you can also try a habitat for humanity re-fit store. just google to see if there's one near you.
    I got the Lee Valley catalouge, and asked Home depot if they would price match....they did, AND beat Lee Valley's price by 10 %.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    I got the Lee Valley catalouge, and asked Home depot if they would price match....they did, AND beat Lee Valley's price by 10 %.

Ok that was awesome information.

I just went to their website & ordered the hardware catalogue now that I know HD will PM

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I just went to Home Depot and got a pack of knobs... they are really cool looking... two packs for $50. Went to Lee Valley and I was less than impressed with prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information