User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: FIRST EVER SDM Redemption Brag

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Today, I went to the SDM just down the street from where I live. In the last few weeks, I have been trading for SDM points and I finally accumulated enough to do a $170 redemption! It was Amazing. I purchased approximately $285 worth of products, with coupons and sales it came down to $171.68. Then I did my $170 redemption (first redemption I have ever done at SDM) and my OP expense was $20.93 (taxes, deposit, enviro, etc).

Then, I brought all my groceries home and went through my receipt and noticed that the cashier double rang in 2 coupons, for a total of $5. So, I walked on back to SDM to explain that two $2.50 coupons were rang in an extra two times by mistake. I asked for the manager and told him the situation, he was shocked that I came back. My response was "Well, I don't want anyone to get into any trouble. I know it was a mistake, because I had so many items and coupons, sometimes it can get a little overwhelming - it wasn't deliberate by any means". I offered to give the $5 back and he took it. THEN, he told me to wait at the till and he went to the back of the store. He came back with a $25 SDM gift card for me and said that in all the years that he has been working at SDM he has never had a customer come back to rectify a transaction error, unless it was in the customer's favour. He was really appreciative! I thought it was so nice. So, I guess essentially I made $4.07 today! Haha. Today was an awesome day!

Happy holidays, all!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Very nice brag and congratulations.
    Isn't it funny that most people get their defenses up and causes ruckess when the mistake is in the stores favour but consider it good fortune when the error is in their favour? You did the right thing, I always try to point out errors either way as well!

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Very nice savings Pays to be honest. thanks for sharing
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice see it pays to be honest -nice redemption also

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponier View Post
    Today, I went to the SDM just down the street from where I live. In the last few weeks, I have been trading for SDM points and I finally accumulated enough to do a $170 redemption! It was Amazing. I purchased approximately $285 worth of products, with coupons and sales it came down to $171.68. Then I did my $170 redemption (first redemption I have ever done at SDM) and my OP expense was $20.93 (taxes, deposit, enviro, etc).

Then, I brought all my groceries home and went through my receipt and noticed that the cashier double rang in 2 coupons, for a total of $5. So, I walked on back to SDM to explain that two $2.50 coupons were rang in an extra two times by mistake. I asked for the manager and told him the situation, he was shocked that I came back. My response was "Well, I don't want anyone to get into any trouble. I know it was a mistake, because I had so many items and coupons, sometimes it can get a little overwhelming - it wasn't deliberate by any means". I offered to give the $5 back and he took it. THEN, he told me to wait at the till and he went to the back of the store. He came back with a $25 SDM gift card for me and said that in all the years that he has been working at SDM he has never had a customer come back to rectify a transaction error, unless it was in the customer's favour. He was really appreciative! I thought it was so nice. So, I guess essentially I made $4.07 today! Haha. Today was an awesome day!

Happy holidays, all!
    This almost made me cry!!
    ROMEO, ticul, Anna Michele and 4 others like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

You are a wonderful example of not only a Smart Canuck but an honest one, too! What a great brag!
    ROMEO, redhdlois, ticul and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Now that's a great brag and manager!! It pays to be honest!! Have a great holiday!,
    ROMEO, ticul, Anna Michele and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that manager knows a great and valuable customer when he sees one! Very nice of you to take the time to do the return and make things right!
    ROMEO, Tweets77, ticul and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

OP. I could not like this enough. Love it.
    ROMEO, walkonby, ticul and 5 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Way to go! Great story and I've done the same thing at Metro as well. It's good karma!
    ROMEO, ticul, oscarandme and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Couponier, I enjoy shopping at SDM as well but I am interested in where you got the coupons from? I don't know much about couponing but I am trying to get into it. I am amazed how you brought your bill from 285 down to 171.68 by using coupons. How can I do this ?? lol any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GMan12 View Post
    Couponier, I enjoy shopping at SDM as well but I am interested in where you got the coupons from? I don't know much about couponing but I am trying to get into it. I am amazed how you brought your bill from 285 down to 171.68 by using coupons. How can I do this ?? lol any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
    GM, I got the coupons from trades. Coupons alone didn't bring my total down, but also sale items. Use the Smartcanucks forum - read brag threads, store related threads to find out how people are using their coupons and what products they are purchasing. When I joined SC I stayed up a couple hours each night just reading threads and learned a lot. Moreover, if you ever have any questions and you cannot find a thread that adequately answers your particular question, start your own thread. There are great people on SC that are always there to help. Another suggestion is locating individuals in your area, city or town who coupon - they, too, can be a great source of information and ideas on how to get the best bang for your buck. I hope this information helps. I'm still a novice and learning, I don't dare call myself an individual full of bountiful coupon knowledge, but I have learned a lot thus far!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Great brag all around That was really generous of the manager to do that and very honest of you to go back! I love this brag too.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Karma!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Couponier you deserve that $25 GC as there is not too many honest peoples. What goes around comes around. Good things will happen to you. Also, I want to mention that you are a great and excellent SC student for being a new member and keep posting those great brag. I thank you for sharing this awesome brag..................................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information