User Tag List

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ awww
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Do you think this is a disgusting ad by Tim Hortons. Tim's just laid off lot of quality jobs at their head office due to their merger with Burger King.
    Conveniently no jobs were lost in their stores, as they want hardworking minimum wage workers.

But now in my local newspaper they have given an ad : ( this is for their minimum wage restaurant jobs )

Tim Hortons - Now Hiring !
    Target employees welcome to apply.
    Must be available to work weekends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is it low for them to target the yet to be laid off Target employees & play on their misery by offering them these minimum wage jobs ? Are they just preying on them ? Why specifically mention Target employees welcome & humiliate them further ? The dust hasn't even settled yet, most of these Target workers have jobs or severance till May & Tim's is doing this nonsense.

Or is Tim's their saviour or messiah with this nonsense of theirs ? Or is it just business & capitalism & corporate greed at its best ? No one is forcing them to work in Tim's..right ?? ..maybe just an opportunistic ploy by Tim's

----
    pg. 32 Thursday, Feb 5, 2015 - Miss News.
    ROMEO likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ I think what we see as insensitive in the ad wording, they ( Tim's ) see it as a business decision to attract applicants.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Do you think this is a disgusting ad by Tim Hortons. Tim's just laid off lot of quality jobs at their head office due to their merger with Burger King.
    Conveniently no jobs were lost in their stores, as they want hardworking minimum wage workers.

But now in my local newspaper they have given an ad : ( this is for their minimum wage restaurant jobs )

Tim Hortons - Now Hiring !
    Target employees welcome to apply.
    Must be available to work weekends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is it low for them to target the yet to be laid off Target employees & play on their misery by offering them these minimum wage jobs ? Are they just preying on them ? Why specifically mention Target employees welcome & humiliate them further ? The dust hasn't even settled yet, most of these Target workers have jobs or severance till May & Tim's is doing this nonsense.

Or is Tim's their saviour or messiah with this nonsense of theirs ? Or is it just business & capitalism & corporate greed at its best ? No one is forcing them to work in Tim's..right ?? ..maybe just an opportunistic ploy by Tim's

----
    pg. 32 Thursday, Feb 5, 2015 - Miss News.
    Well they are not paid much more than minimum at Target so I am not sure this is a bad thing. Forget about the fact that some people may find it insulting but the woman at my store who has 4 kids is a single mom and just lost her job may jump at it. Sears also openly offered jobs to Target employees. Maybe they just want kind, hard working friendly people who have a proven track record in dealing with the retail masses.

It's not a sin for businesses to want to make money, that's capitalism.
    ROMEO, kiwis-mom, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponAddict81 View Post
    does anybody know when there will be another round of markdowns? My daughter wants the lego princess cinderella castle which is reg 89.99. with the 20% discount its still like $68. i was hoping to get it a little cheaper. My store still has 6 of them.
    No

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ReallySC View Post
    Like many Target lovers, wanted to go but was strangely not looking forward to it. Went to my local Target last night..while the parking lot was definitely busy, the store wasn't too bad (no line-ups at the cash). Store still pretty clean except for maybe the makeup section. I was pleasantly surprised at some of the new stock that I hadn't seen last weekend. Didn't pick up any crazy deals but I was very happy with what I got: necklace I had my eye on reg $14.99 - clearance $10.49 -down to $7. A nice orange sweater at 20% off and my favourite buy: a mossimo cowboy hat for my upcoming trip south reg $14.99, down to $10.49.

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-cowb...simo+supply+co
    I loved their hats
    vw_girl likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Home Depot is hiring too homedepot.ca/jobs both operational and sales positions.
    ROMEO and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    Super disappointment... Was gonna buy an item, their scanners were not working so i got the guy to scan with their pda and it rings in at an incredible price, goes to the cashier. Rings in at a diff price and they cant do adjustments....

Oh no that sucks!
    Last edited by kiwis-mom; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponAddict81 View Post
    does anybody know when there will be another round of markdowns? My daughter wants the lego princess cinderella castle which is reg 89.99. with the 20% discount its still like $68. i was hoping to get it a little cheaper. My store still has 6 of them.
    If you are going to wait on that Lego, I would check in a couple times a day. Since Lego doesn't get discounted often it was very quick to go at my closest store. There was still a reasonable amount one day including the displays and other marketing materials and by noon the next day everything was gone. I don't know if one person came in and bought everything left or if Lego rep came in and removed?!? But I sure kicked myself for sitting on a few that I really wanted.
    Last edited by vw_girl; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I suppose any job is better then no job at all especially when you have bills to pay and a family to feed. I just hope that all of these Target employees are able to find themselves good jobs with a bit more stability. Target didn't have the patience to stick things through and work out their issues in the Canadian market. It's too bad really....
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I find it odd that Target only stuck it out for two years....They put no effort in seeing what would work in Canada.... they gave up too easily....
    Patty Smyth and Mulveyteach like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Well some people must think the discounts are ok - my local Target (a big one, one of the ones that was profitable) had long lines yesterday and the manager said they were even longer the day the liquidation started. I had my eye on something that I was willing to get at 10% but they were all gone (at least 7 in stock Tuesday, all gone by Friday).

I wish Target Canada wasn't closing either, but losing $2B so far and another $1B each year for the next 5-6 years (when they predicted they would only start being profitable) is hard to justify to shareholders. Still, I wish they were keeping some Canadian stores open.

Silk
    Have a great life!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Welcome! Was it cuz I mooned yah? lol

oooh.....I get it now. Your hubby is funny, but you joined because you needed the emotional support of people who understand We will all get through this some how...
    Yes support, not getting it here ... hubby is happy we'll be back on the budget.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Anna Michele and TargetMama like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are removing all signs that say xx% off lowest ticketed price and replacing them all with xx% off ORIGINAL price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Basicangel; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 05:18 PM.

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information