User Tag List

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One of my Target had 8 former Zellers employees.

All they had to do was apply. Maybe a lot of them were fed up with retail and didn't bother applying.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Are we still blaming Target for Zellers employees losing their jobs?

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    One of my Target had 8 former Zellers employees.

All they had to do was apply. Maybe a lot of them were fed up with retail and didn't bother applying.
    Lot of senior Zellers employees were making 14-15/hr after working there for ages and getting their paltry raises..Target was going to hire them back at minimum wage for the same job..no wonder they didn't bother applying.

Not saying its Targets job, but saying why they didn't bother applying.
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Are we still blaming Target for Zellers employees losing their jobs?
    Of course lol

One of the former Zellers employees who worked there for 20+ years told me the Target takeover rumors started 20 years ago but they never pursued it. Imagine if they had come into Canada before Walmart? They might very well have been the ones who dominate the market, if they had stuck with their original model. Interesting how things worked out. Loblaws did the same thing here in Quebec. They were in here in the 70's then pulled out and came back in now they are pulling out again.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Patty, oh man that target info is depressing on many levels!
    What if we had a target in every corner of the city instead of walmart?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's true, the deals are great on the kids stuff (toys/clothes/swinwear) because they were already on clearance prices - xx% off.

But so far the great finds are more rare for adult clothes, decorative stuff, furniture, cleaning produts, etc. You really need to find left clearances or else it's not that good of a deal if you know what I mean...

I think that's why some are making negative comments about the low % off.
    Last edited by Cocovanilla; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 08:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know I don't post a lot but this whole Target thing has me depressed. I went to the Hamilton Mountain (My local) to return a CD and I nearly screamed! Where were all these locusts when the store was in business. The place was literally a zoo. The people had tons of stuff in their carts. I don't get it. I said in a very very loud voice to my girlfriend "where were all these vultures when Target needed them? Then said they had such good sales when they were in business and now they are flocking for 10% off...then a few words I won't say in this forum. The line up was a mile long and I told my friend I had to get out of there. I have got to know some of the employees in there and they are so pleasant and helpful. I don't even know what to say to them at this point but my heart goes out to them. The customer service at Target was topnotch. I will not be going back as it just made me too sad...crazy right?
    read this today
    http://www.thisbirdsday.com/target-canada-liquidation/
    luckbealady likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I think my best was 4 in one day, so yeah I am not as bad as you
    And I didn't blow off work early today to meet up at Target either (*cough*meeeks*cough*)
    But I may or may not have missed my ferry and spent 4+ hours in the store instead. LOL

We ARE our own support. LOL! I think its called BC Target Enablers United
    Once again, go to change.org and sign the petitions to SAVE TARGET in CANADA!!!
    The petitions are:
    1. https://www.change.org/p/ceo-target-...sored_donation
    2. https://www.change.org/p/target-cana...e-target-canad

It is strongly rumoured that Walmart will raise their prices by 10-30% on everything when Target leaves (see message #5016 in this thread). Do you want that? If not, SIGN THE PETITIONS!!!
    Last edited by generalB1B; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also the parking lot and cash register lines were empty (I was there around 10 am). So I've had a good morning
    SillyLoocie and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TargetMama View Post
    I feel much better about my two-a-day habit, LOL!

My game plan for Monday is the Up&Up rounds, at this rate my home will be a living shrine to Target ❤️

PS Anyone complaining about the "5-20%" discounts is doing it wrong... And totally missed the boat, as we all know!!
    MONDAY!!?? So you mean you are finished for today? *tsk* I expected more from you. LOL!
    Just teasing, its the enabler in me.

I still have to get out of my jammies and into the shower before I even get started today. But I have my game plan all formulated.
    Last edited by vw_girl; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Justjudi View Post
    I know I don't post a lot but this whole Target thing has me depressed. I went to the Hamilton Mountain (My local) to return a CD and I nearly screamed! Where were all these locusts when the store was in business. The place was literally a zoo. The people had tons of stuff in their carts. I don't get it. I said in a very very loud voice to my girlfriend "where were all these vultures when Target needed them? Then said they had such good sales when they were in business and now they are flocking for 10% off...then a few words I won't say in this forum. The line up was a mile long and I told my friend I had to get out of there. I have got to know some of the employees in there and they are so pleasant and helpful. I don't even know what to say to them at this point but my heart goes out to them. The customer service at Target was topnotch. I will not be going back as it just made me too sad...crazy right?
    read this today
    It's not crazy at all, we're all in various stages of mourning!

I hate seeing all the "loot and pillage" going on, so I try to stick to off-peak hours, which I can do as a mat-leave mama 😊 Even with the sadness and the awful behaviour, I'd still rather be there than anywhere else! So I'll keep going, looking for those hidden deals, until they close the doors for good. It's a bit harder to find them without stickers, but I have faith in the SC team! "They make take our Target, but they'll never take our pride!" LOL
    Last edited by TargetMama; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If my local Target's had hired more Zellers staff, they would have gone out of business even quicker IMO

Zellers had low employee morale for years, they did not give a ****, many staff (not all obviously) were rude and outwardly didn't care. Target were right not to hire those people and one of the things most people liked about Target was the friendly & helpful staff.

HBC were closing Zellers whether Target bought the leases or not, that just helped them make the decision.

As far as Tim Hortons, they are merging with BK and making one head office. It makes business sense to streamline workers in certain depts. There is no need for two sets of IT people or accounting people etc. Some BK workers at their Cdn HQ also lost their jobs when it was decided that the Timmies people were better at it - I know someone who got severance, but that doesn't make for big news. There is no need for them to streamline the stores which are largely franchised/run on a district level since there is no overlap with BK. It is not a matter of minimum wage, just a streamlining decision that was made clear when the takeover was announced.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Justjudi View Post
    read this today

It is sad but I was there opening day and I plan on being there closing day. It will have been a great run for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    Super disappointment... Was gonna buy an item, their scanners were not working so i got the guy to scan with their pda and it rings in at an incredible price, goes to the cashier. Rings in at a diff price and they cant do adjustments....
    That happened to me and they did an adjustment. At first she told me she can't, I told her that no thanks, I don't want it, then she said, wait, let me do something and she put it as a price not scanning and plugged in the price she got from her hand held scanner instead.
    Last edited by lessismore_MTL; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The way this crappy liquidation is going they will make the Target Store employees work for each & every penny of their so called 16 weeks severance.

Basically they will be made to work till Late April or Early May ( May 15 , I believe ) as doesn't look like any of their merchandise is getting sold any time soon at this rate..so its going to be like a pay cheque they will work hard for & not a severance or termination pay they will get for sitting home .

Meanwhile the CEO who was fired is off with his $ 61 million golden handshake

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information