User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: Uncle Ben's arrives at Sobey's West, and now at my house-woohoo! (picture)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LL-I am thinking perhaps it was for Chinese New year this week as there were a couple of Chinese food recipes attached to the coupons. I just got my patronage refund from Co-op and there was a spend 75 get $10 off your next shop which would be useful to stock up on the rice to get the chicken coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    LL-I am thinking perhaps it was for Chinese New year this week as there were a couple of Chinese food recipes attached to the coupons. I just got my patronage refund from Co-op and there was a spend 75 get $10 off your next shop which would be useful to stock up on the rice to get the chicken coupons.
    That is a great idea...mmm....not sure if I need anymore rice!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well even if you give the rice away you are still getting your chicken cheaper. That is if you have any more room in your freezer after your lovely chicken haul!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Feb 21st, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by albianne View Post
    Could anyone please tell me what B50S5 stands for?
    I live in the Calgary area (Strathmore) , where do I get the entertainment coupon book you are referring to? I checked the local Sobey's, No Frills and Co-op today and none of them have the tubs of rice, I might have to do the 45 minute drive into Calgary.
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I live in the Calgary area (Strathmore) , where do I get the entertainment coupon book you are referring to? I checked the local Sobey's, No Frills and Co-op today and none of them have the tubs of rice, I might have to do the 45 minute drive into Calgary.
    To buy a entertainment book, go to www.entertainment.com to buy one.
    Presently it is selling for $19.99 (sometimes it will go lower for a day or two then go back up.)
    I have seen the tubs at the Crowfoot Co-op (on Crowfoot Way NW) and at Sobeys in Airdrie. Perhaps make a phone call or two to check if the stores still have some in stock. I am thinking it's a promotion, and once they are out of stock, they may not order more in. Hope you find some!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I thought of you this morning LL when I bought a package of chicken for $4 and then got it free with my coupon. I asked the manager at my Co-op if he had the UB orange tubs of rice and he said they are tight for space so they did not order any in.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks LL for letting me know that some of the Calgary Coop's were carrying the rice, today I managed to get 6 tubs at 5.88 plus they also had the thick and rich pasta sauces on for 10 for 10.00 plus the Aylmer diced tomatoes were 8 for 10.00 etc etc tons of sales, I ended up spending 150.00 and then used my Co-op patronage coupon for "spend 150.00 get 25.00 off" so felt I got a really good deal, I had a huge overflowing cart. This was at the Monterey Square Co-op on 68st & 16th ave Calgary.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Thanks LL for letting me know that some of the Calgary Coop's were carrying the rice, today I managed to get 6 tubs at 5.88 plus they also had the thick and rich pasta sauces on for 10 for 10.00 plus the Aylmer diced tomatoes were 8 for 10.00 etc etc tons of sales, I ended up spending 150.00 and then used my Co-op patronage coupon for "spend 150.00 get 25.00 off" so felt I got a really good deal, I had a huge overflowing cart. This was at the Monterey Square Co-op on 68st & 16th ave Calgary.
    Fantastic! You had a great shopping day with some excellent deals. Esp that rice!!! I hope you did the happy dance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I thought of you this morning LL when I bought a package of chicken for $4 and then got it free with my coupon. I asked the manager at my Co-op if he had the UB orange tubs of rice and he said they are tight for space so they did not order any in.
    That is why I think many stores didn't carry the rice tubs--many simply don't have any place to put it. Thanks for sharing.

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I found the rice tubs today at zehrs in barrie for $5.99 and had 1000 bonus pc points to boot. Got 3 since we eat rice once or twice a week.

LittleMinx
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

WOWWWIE! That's an awsome deal!!! Can I ask you how they gave you credit? Was it on the store credit card? Thank you for teaching me.
    Lavender Lady and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I made the chicken fried rice recipe included with the chicken coupons and it was yummers-now to try the other recipe.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I made the chicken fried rice recipe included with the chicken coupons and it was yummers-now to try the other recipe.
    Great to know, i finally found them and picked up 10 today! Not too crazy, 2 for each of my daughters and that leaves 4 tubs for me which will easily be used up. Spanish rice for us with chorzio sausage and lots of cilantro!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 26th, 2015 at 07:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Great to know, i finally found them and picked up 10 today! Not too crazy, 2 for each of my daughters and that leaves 4 tubs for me which will easily be used up. Spanish rice for us with chorzio sausage and lots of cilantro!!
    Oh, all these great recipes! I made rice with my supper tonight as well. Lots of fresh diced onions, garlic, vegetable broth and parsley.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Yes I noticed that, but didn't try it yet. Thanks for letting us know.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information