User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: Uncle Ben's arrives at Sobey's West, and now at my house-woohoo! (picture)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Save On foods (Red Deer, AB) had it on for $3.99 yesterday as a manager's special.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseenzo View Post
    I have not been able to find this product. Has anyone seen this at any store on Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax or Whitby?

please let me know, it would be much appreciated.
    ??? Anyone seen this rice yet? Anywhere mentioned in the above places. Please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Great to know, i finally found them and picked up 10 today! Not too crazy, 2 for each of my daughters and that leaves 4 tubs for me which will easily be used up. Spanish rice for us with chorzio sausage and lots of cilantro!!
    Wow!! Great price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Awesome score ! Lol fingers crossed other locations will start "clearing it out" for the same price . Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zandermor View Post
    Save On foods (Red Deer, AB) had it on for $3.99 yesterday as a manager's special.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG that is a sweet deal, it would take me an hour and a half to get to Red Deer which is way to far to travel for rice haha
    Quote Originally Posted by zandermor View Post

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried buying 2 packs of chicken at Walmart yesterday but she made me do two transactions, I always seem to get the cashier who either doesn't know how to do coupons or acts like the coupon money is coming right out of their own pocket, lol. I also had 4 coupons for "spend 5.00 on Quaker and receive free box of Quaker soft cookies" the oatmeal which we use a lot of was on for 2 for 5.00 so i had 8 packs of oatmeal with the 4 cookies, she said you can only use one coupon so i looked behind me and there was no other customers in sight so i said just do 4 transaction, like I knew what I was doing (I have no idea, just learning to use coupons) and she looked like she was going to pitch a fit but proceeded to try, in the end the manager showed her how to do the first, the cashier next door showed her again how to do #2 and then she had to call the manager to show her again for 3rd and 4th, in the end I was like ring it it , void it, pantry item #4 code blah blah blah, even I could tell how to do it but it was pretty cool to see all the coupon credits on the bottom of the bills.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by albianne View Post
    I tried buying 2 packs of chicken at Walmart yesterday but she made me do two transactions, I always seem to get the cashier who either doesn't know how to do coupons or acts like the coupon money is coming right out of their own pocket, lol. I also had 4 coupons for "spend 5.00 on Quaker and receive free box of Quaker soft cookies" the oatmeal which we use a lot of was on for 2 for 5.00 so i had 8 packs of oatmeal with the 4 cookies, she said you can only use one coupon so i looked behind me and there was no other customers in sight so i said just do 4 transaction, like I knew what I was doing (I have no idea, just learning to use coupons) and she looked like she was going to pitch a fit but proceeded to try, in the end the manager showed her how to do the first, the cashier next door showed her again how to do #2 and then she had to call the manager to show her again for 3rd and 4th, in the end I was like ring it it , void it, pantry item #4 code blah blah blah, even I could tell how to do it but it was pretty cool to see all the coupon credits on the bottom of the bills.
    Yes there are a variety of cashier's at WM and elsewhere; some know what they are doing, others less so. You were patient, kind, helpful and look at the results---all those beautiful coupon credits on the bottom of the receipt . Keep up the great work!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi
    looking for them in Ottawa again..have disappeared from Ogilvie road and mcArthur loblaws

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

$77.87 13 × Uncle Bens rice tubs @ $5.99

-$11.98 SCOP on 2 buckets of rice as price scanned incorrectly on 2 different purchases
    -$7.00 X $1 coupons used
    -$13.00 worth of airmiles received
    -$104. 00 26 X $4 coupons off any chicken
    -$26.00 26 X $1 coupons for Uncle Bens Bistro Express Rice
    =credit of $84.11
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMinx View Post
    WOWWWIE! That's an awsome deal!!! Can I ask you how they gave you credit? Was it on the store credit card? Thank you for teaching me.
    The credit I am referring to is not an actual cash credit; rather when I take the actual cost of the rice and then subtract the coupons & points that I will receive that are of value to me, it's as if I got paid to buy the rice when the other items are taken into consideration.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I finally found them at Loblaws near my house and picked up 8 tubs four brown rice and 4 regular. There was a coupon at the store for 1.00 but didn't use it as it said convered rice 700 g - 1.6 kg. Brown rice fell into that category but I didn't think it was converted rice. Anyways I made the plain white rice but nobody wanted to eat them as they are pretty thick not like the basmati rice we are used to. I don't think will buy more unless they become cheaper as we didn't like the rice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    I finally found them at Loblaws near my house and picked up 8 tubs four brown rice and 4 regular. There was a coupon at the store for 1.00 but didn't use it as it said convered rice 700 g - 1.6 kg. Brown rice fell into that category but I didn't think it was converted rice. Anyways I made the plain white rice but nobody wanted to eat them as they are pretty thick not like the basmati rice we are used to. I don't think will buy more unless they become cheaper as we didn't like the rice.
    So glad you found the rice. But true it is a different flavor than basmati. Try doing a rice pilaf recipe. There are a lot of different recipes as rice is very versatile and blends well with a lot of things.
    At the beginning of this thread there was a basic recipe posted that one person makes using soy sauce, oil and a can of mushrooms. I tried it and it's very good.
    In any event you've got some great coupons for chicken--go have fun with them!!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

If you have a food processor, place cabbage, green beans, carrots and cut them into tiny pieces, put one tablespoon oil, all the above cut veggies, soy sauce, salt, chilli flakes(if you like spice, else masala if you like), one spion vinegar, cover with lid until veggies are little coojed and then mix cooked rice.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

No luck in brantford
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Lavender Lady likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by immac2947 View Post
    Hi
    looking for them in Ottawa again..have disappeared from Ogilvie road and mcArthur loblaws
    The tubs that were in all four Zehrs in my area are disappearing, too. Only one store still has them in stock. I couldn't resist and bought a few more today. The rice is donated and I keep the coupons . . . win, win!
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 10:09 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

nothing here in Regina and I want rice for cabbage rolls

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information