User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Vapour

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey.. Just wondering if anyone else out there is trying to quit.. and is trying the E-Cigarette. If there is.. Lets hear the flavour you are trying to quit with. I have tried the chocolate, watermelon, and am now just trying the Players Light.. Can I quit with this. I am not sure.. but willing to try.. Anyone else?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Lynn49, Candini and terry2144 like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never smoked, so I'm no help. . . .but a broker in my office used them and it worked!!
    I've heard they're not good for you though? Can they be worse than cigarettes? Probably not.

​BTW, GOOD FOR YOU for trying!!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh gosh I heard the same as MQ Charger, that these new E-cigs are not good for you. Wondering which is the lesser of the 2 evils now, good luck on conquering the habit.
    Redneck Charger likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Can I quit with this. I am not sure.. but willing to try.. Anyone else?
    Gonna give you some bad news
    1. some say that it is only vapour, but there is more:
    antifreeze, nicotine, formaldehyde
    2. some can explode, especially ones made overseas
    3. the flavorants that you talked about, they can cause lung cancer. Not the lung cancer from cigarettes. Another kind of lung cancer.

What works:
    nicotine gum
    nicotine spray
    nicotine losenges
    nicotine inhaler
    Champix pills
    Zyban pills
    self help books "For Smokers' Who Want to Quit"
    telephone counselling, online text counselling, online chat room counselling that is monitored
    support group
    quitting cold turkey

Congrats to you and good luck
    walkonby and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I was a heavy smoker and quit last year using them, in total I only used the vapes for 8 weeks. I picked the worst flavour possible because I didn't want to like it, i think it was a caramel mochiatto flavoured (tasted like burnt caramel/coffee) with a level of 8 mg. I hated it but the motion of inhaling something worked for me and I completely quit in two months. It is so tough but you can do it, oddly enough 8 months after quitting I was diagnosed with heart disease and had 90% and 70% blockages in my heart, I had two stents put it and now feel like a million bucks. I am confident I caused that damage to myself by smoking for many years, I have always been athletic and ate really well and have never been overweight by more than 20 pounds.I feel like someone gave me a second chance and I am not going to blow it!! A pack of cigarettes is 13.00 in Alberta and I was a pack a day for many years although I had cut back the year prior to quitting and my retirement fund is enjoying that extra 390.00 a month I am contributing now.
    I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world and congratulations on trying to quit.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
    abbasgirl, walkonby and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Don`t smoke E cigarettes! They are so dangerous.

I used to smoke and kept getting bronchitis really bad and struggling to breathe scared me enough to quit. Also I found too, smoke before bed. When you wake up the next day, say you slept 8 hours - for me as a smoker, I would NEVER be able to go through a day without smoking 8 hours. So set a date, smoke before bed, wake up (even say six hours) and be like WOW, I already went 6-8 hours without a smoke, aim for 10 hours, 12 hours... it sucks but eventually the cravings go away.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I think using e-cigs to quit smoking is better than not quitting smoking, nicorette inhalers have pretty much the same ingredients in them. I talked to my doctor before trying and she backed me 100%

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I think using e-cigs to quit smoking is better than not quitting smoking, nicorette inhalers have pretty much the same ingredients in them. I talked to my doctor before trying and she backed me 100%
    did the doctor talk about the propylene glycol in e-cigs? they are not in the inhaler
    did the doc talk about the formaldehde in e-cigs? they are not in the inhaler
    Redneck Charger and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    did the doctor talk about the propylene glycol in e-cigs? they are not in the inhaler
    did the doc talk about the formaldehde in e-cigs? they are not in the inhaler
    No we did not go over what is in the e-cigs, but I was fully aware of what the contents were,I used them as a means to an end, and there are far more worse things in cigarettes that in e-cigs. Both are not good for you, but after attempting many times to quit with different conventional methods it worked for me and I truly feel the good outweighed the bad in using them to quit smoking. For example I used Chantix and quit but when I stopped taking it I fell into a deep depression and was not mentally stable from this drug, I think everything has it's risks. I used the e-cigs for less than two months and only used them when I absolutely needed to, that is why I chose a flavor I hated, I didn't want to replace one bad habit with another.Below is an excerpt from Canadian Living magazine that prompted me to try using them as means to try and quit smoking.

Are electronic cigarettes harmful?
    One thing is abundantly clear: "E-cigarettes are about 99 percent less harmful than ordinarycigarettes," says Phillips, who has extensively researched low-risk smoking substitutes.

Phillips and other experts believe nicotine is indeed addictive, but that its health risks are, like caffeine, so low they can't be measured. "Nicotine is not cancer causing," says Gaby. Smoking tobacco kills people; nicotine doesn't. With a few exceptions, such as pregnant women, nicotine has not been shown to cause harm to humans. And the propylene glycol found in e-juice has been used in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s, and is often found in atomized medication. (Propylene glycol also produces the fog in theatrical stage productions.) It is included on the FDA's list of substances that are "generally recognized as safe."

Even Sweanor—who helped establish policies in the '80s and '90s that led to a 40 percent reduction in smoking and helped get cigarettes out of airplanes, restaurants and bars—is pro e-cigarettes. "What I am against is unnecessary disease and death, so I am in favour of things that keep people alive," he says.

Sweanor admits the inhalation of fine particulate matter could have long-term risks. "Nothing is completely safe," he says. "Driving is not safe. Driving drunk is really not safe.

It makes sense to ban drunk driving but still let people drive cars. Life will always have some risk—you need to learn to manage it."
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 12th, 2015 at 01:32 AM.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Um....our son tried those, no success.
    Our DD did the Chantix thing and quit instantly! Or...as instantly as the product says.
    3 years and not a ciggy since!!!
    Hubby and I quite cold-turkey in the 70, and it's stuck for over 30 years.
    When I decided to quit, I left ONE cigarette in the refrigerator in case of an emergency. IN every one of those emergencies, I'd open the fridge door and think.."Who's stronger? YOU or ME?"...turns out I WAS!! Every single time!!!

Good luck, Sweetie!
    Redneck Charger and terry2144 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sorry...not one of my vices..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Um....our son tried those, no success.
    Our DD did the Chantix thing and quit instantly! Or...as instantly as the product says.
    3 years and not a ciggy since!!!
    Hubby and I quite cold-turkey in the 70, and it's stuck for over 30 years.
    When I decided to quit, I left ONE cigarette in the refrigerator in case of an emergency. IN every one of those emergencies, I'd open the fridge door and think.."Who's stronger? YOU or ME?"...turns out I WAS!! Every single time!!!

Good luck, Sweetie!
    There are so many variables when quitting smoking, when I tried the Chantix I thought it was a miracle, I quit almost instantly too, but it was the coming off of it that got me, I had really bad depression which can be a side effect.I think everyone has to do it their way and be ready and committed otherwise it isn't going to work. Congrats to you and your daughter and good luck to your son I hope he can do it!
    Lynn49 and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Are electronic cigarettes harmful?
    One thing is abundantly clear: "E-cigarettes are about 99 percent less harmful than ordinarycigarettes," says Phillips, who has extensively researched low-risk smoking substitutes.

Phillips and other experts believe nicotine is indeed addictive, but that its health risks are, like caffeine, so low they can't be measured. "Nicotine is not cancer causing," says Gaby. Smoking tobacco kills people; nicotine doesn't. With a few exceptions, such as pregnant women, nicotine has not been shown to cause harm to humans. And the propylene glycol found in e-juice has been used in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s, and is often found in atomized medication. (Propylene glycol also produces the fog in theatrical stage productions.) It is included on the FDA's list of substances that are "generally recognized as safe."

Even Sweanor—who helped establish policies in the '80s and '90s that led to a 40 percent reduction in smoking and helped get cigarettes out of airplanes, restaurants and bars—is pro e-cigarettes. "What I am against is unnecessary disease and death, so I am in favour of things that keep people alive," he says.

Sweanor admits the inhalation of fine particulate matter could have long-term risks. "Nothing is completely safe," he says. "Driving is not safe. Driving drunk is really not safe.

It makes sense to ban drunk driving but still let people drive cars. Life will always have some risk—you need to learn to manage it."
    Thx for the quote.
    Please, who is Phillips? Gaby? Sweanor?
    Thanks
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hear is the link to the article I quoted from. It isn't like I am a huge supporter of ecigs, they helped me quit ..period and I am happy for myself and my health that I found something that worked after many failed attempts. Whether ecigs are safe or not is a futile argument in my opinion because of the lack of long term studies, so no one can say they know for sure they are as bad as some make them out to be or as safe as many want them to be.
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...85970519,d.cGU
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 12th, 2015 at 11:12 AM.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Okay so not sure if this is what you use, but last night I went out and ended up talking to this older couple and they were using these.

Name:  $T2eC16h,!)0E9s37IeSMBRsE+QZYr!~~60_35.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  7.2 KB

They said they both smoked cigarettes for over 30 years and quit using this. Have been smoke free for 2 years. They said this was the only thing that helped them.
    thriftygranny and terry2144 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information