• 2 Post By FLA
  • 2 Post By oscarandme
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto
  • 2 Post By macw1960

Thread: KFC (extra savings on receipt)

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I know KFC is not that good anymore as it used to be but every so often we try it and different locations and just thought I would mention it (because it is a savings) and in case you are still lucky enough to have one that is still good and possibly go more than once a week. Not sure the details if other offers -maybe ask at reception. Since our last visit they have new box packaging for the dinners not certain of the rest of packaging, cannot remember but tonight the receipt was green and I was about to call and complain (receipt conveniently missing last digit)..yup..red flag number 2.

*and noticed it said: Available in this store only-show this receipt on Wednesday or Thursday this week and get a 30% discount.
    (today is Tuesday) toonie or whatever it is called now...

I imagine our Smartcanucks most definately posted it in their ongoing updates on KFC offers, I probably missed it so just delete if a repost.

We will not be going for a while...nothing has changed. (booo). Miss ya Colonel!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: KFC

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We had KFC a few nights ago, just a busy day, and it was NOT worth a diet cheat!
    What, besides soggy chicken is going on? Ugh. I can thankfully cross that "cheat" off my list for good!
    Bleh.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oscarandme, haven't heard of that discount - it might be store-specific as well.

We have the Colonel's Club card, which you can get through the main KFC website. They send an email every few weeks with upcoming specials available with the card only. Sometimes it's a few bucks even cheaper than using the coupons.

I guess we're 'lucky' - our KFC has FAB chicken - crispy and delish, definitely worth a treat now and then.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

a few months back i discovered they have a "snack pack" 2.99 for a small popcorn chicken and small fries.. perfect for a small lunch but even i've noticed unless they are fresh they taste dry and little off fries are a bit meh and have caught myself heading someplace else instead
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I still crave this stuff now and again. End up getting it...always disappointed. You know I'll probably do it again though. I think the last time I did get an offer on my receipt but it had to be used in a week or so. Too soon for me.
    Lynn49, macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our KFC just closed down last month, It was horrible and overpriced. When I make it down south I make a stop at Popeyes, Best chicken ever and it's dosn't vary like KFC I have been to a few different Popeyes and they have all been good. It seems a bit expensive at first but they actually give you good size chicken unlike KFC where you could get a little drumstick. I get the 5 tenders combo and it comes to around $11 with tax (That's about how much KFC meals costs these days too) and I can't finish it all ever and I have it for lunch the next day.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just thinking kFC makes my stomach rumble with desire lol. Haven't been in like a year, think I'll keep it that way though

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yes, most of them have plummeted beyond repair, of course writing emails, trying to call to no avail. They claim to want our feedback but .... The Colonel must be turning in his grave. We keep hoping, just so nostalgic of family events years back, birthdays, picnics, moving days. And it was always soooo good. We bought it in the states a few times and it was worse, it fell into another category, I could not have guessed that's what it was. Maybe it is just our bad luck. One thing we learned from a friend if you get the sandwich, they have to make that fresh so a 6 minute wait might be worth the investment.
    @brennen7
    Thank you for the Poppeye endorsement, will definitely try when we go down. I miss Checkers and Ci-Cis Pizza, yum-yum and so inexpensive it is crazy.
    @Natalka
    You certainly are lucky, you should hug and tip that location. And the KFC card, I had signed-up when Smartcanucks posted about it, and when I received it over a year ago, they had never heard of it. Yup!!!! Last night even my husband always orders white meat for us and every time we get a dark piece.
    @Lynn49
    Your little "bonhomme" says it all . You are too adorable Lynn.

Maybe it is a new promotional gimmick they have, thought I'd share..any savings help.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah KFC has gone down hill pretty fast.

I just go there sometimes for their Toonie Tuesday , its now $ 2.99 + Tax ..so more of a Threenie Tuesday . The same thing is probably 5 bucks or more on other days..definitely not worth it ..maybe once a month or so . My local KFC is only busy on that day, rest of the week they are almost empty, I don't even know how they are surviving that way

Their fries are still OK , but I find their Chicken quite soggy, oily & undercooked ( almost raw ) ..so I actually bring it home & put it in the oven or a pan for 10 mins or so ..to make it crispy again

Just too overpriced now..
    Lynn49 and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I sometimes get better deal & better chicken at the deli at Metro , Sobeys, Loblaws ..than KFC.

I remember getting 10 piece bucket at Loblaws deli for just 10 bucks ..it was on special ..mostly thighs & drum sticks..& it was pretty good & the piece were quite big too

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Our KFC in Exeter, ON is fabulous.

If your chicken is soggy it is because it has been sitting in the warming oven and you can crisp it up by putting it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. You can do the the same with greasy chicken that has just been freshly cooked.

When you order Popcorn Chicken just ask for a fresh one but be prepared to wait about 6 minutes.

I always check my order before I leave if I specifically want white or dark meat. They may charge you more if they are low on white meat or how much you want as there is only 4 pieces of white meat and 6 of dark meat per chicken.

If you have a complaint then just call the store and ask to speak to the manager or assistant manager. If you receive no satisfaction then ask for the name and phone number of the district manager. I have only had to complain once about KFC and that was because I received no tomatoes on my Twister. Apparently they had run out and never bothered to inform me. I received 2-3 piece meal vouchers for the inconvenience.

Information from a former KFC team worker.
    Natalka and oscarandme like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Thread Information