User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: Spend Your Points Event March 21 & 22- What are you redeeming for?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sorry not finished
    3. With bonus redemption - do I still get 20X points on snail mail coupon
    4. With bonus redemption - can I use 15,000 points when I spend $75 on cosmetics
    5. With bonus redemption - can I use 20X points for life brand paper towels email coupon
    6. With bonus redemption - can I use 20X poiints when I spend $20 Revlon

I have looked at all previous responses but could find answers. Thank you for your help. I really want to make the most of the redemption and use any extra coupon possible to help maximise. Appreciate all smartcanucksers advise.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  87.6 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got a nice luxery item too ad a few needed items
    (1) true glow mirror -lights up 5xmagnify 49.99 plus can use adapter instead of batteries-luxery item for me
    (2) pairs of reading glasses for hubby and myself 19.99
    (1) probotice webber 19.9-2.00 cpn=17.99
    redeemed 50,000 for 100.00 off paid 22.25

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sujdug View Post
    Please help - I am getting a little confused re bonus points for my planned redemption.
    1. With bonus redemption - do I still get the X10 or x20 points on products in the flyer
    2. With bonus redemption - do I still get bonus points from snail mail coupon
    Quote Originally Posted by sujdug View Post
    sorry not finished
    3. With bonus redemption - do I still get 20X points on snail mail coupon
    4. With bonus redemption - can I use 15,000 points when I spend $75 on cosmetics
    5. With bonus redemption - can I use 20X points for life brand paper towels email coupon
    6. With bonus redemption - can I use 20X poiints when I spend $20 Revlon

I have looked at all previous responses but could find answers. Thank you for your help. I really want to make the most of the redemption and use any extra coupon possible to help maximise. Appreciate all smartcanucksers advise.
    You wont get 20x type offers (on anything) because your base points will be reduced to 0 on the redemption and 20x zero points is still zero

You will get in-store/coupon points for a set number of points per item (for example I used 2400 when you buy Essie nail polish)

When you spend $XX coupons are usually after redemptions so in general, no.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMer View Post
    I've decided it's a lot more fun to redeem for things I wouldn't usually treat myself or family to.
    Jeanne Lottie handbag $60.00 (on sale from $100)
    Benefit mascara $29 and Klorane shampoo $10.99
    Nice, I wish mine had bags!
    Decaf, MrsMer, toronto166 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Did redemption today...cashier refused to use my spend $30 on OTC medication get 8,000 points. Grrr! Should have gone to cosmetics counter they probably would have taken it. Took OTC meds out of redemption and replaced with curling iron bought meds with 8000'pt coupon plus $5 off Claritin coupon. So sort of worked out in the end. Free stuff so shouldn't complain.
    The system was kicking WUS coupons at mine this morning, not valid with redemptions. The cashier was having a hard time getting out of the red error screen on it so you may have been better off with the replacements anyway
    Granger, scouponer and terry2144 like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I redeemrd for another Marc Jacobs Daisy Sorbet and 4 in 1 Pur Minerals Foundation.
    jsmile, Tweets77, MrsMer and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I did basically a food/grocery redemption today for the $100 ..... but I got to $70 and then added in the Boots No 7 Serum for $35 .... :0 For me
    What was interesting was that I got points on the No 7 as it was marked as 20x ... plus I got 8000 with my personal offer of 8000 wus $30 on SkinCare .... so 16,000 points added immediately :0 I also got 800 pts on milk and used 1 other $2 off personal offer

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Redeemed 50,000 pts. for some exciting stuff

4 cases pop
    1 dozen eggs
    4L milk
    Simply Orange juice
    3 butter
    LIFE knee stabilizer
    Tylenol Ultra Relief
    Tylenol Regular Strength
    Metamucil singles

Total before tax: .84

I've never tried emailed SDM coupons with a redemption but it worked! First I handed the cashier my Optimum card, then she rang through my items, I handed her a manufacturer coupon for the Tylenol, my 600 pts. wub 4L milk coupon and also my 4000 pts. wub $20 food/snack coupon. When she stated the total ($111.something), I said I'd like to pay with 50,000 pts. I ended up with 6770 total transaction points as well!

Strange thing though, I later went back to return the knee stabilizer and asked how it would work as I had redeemed points. Cashier said she would just give me cash back. I was surprised that I didn't have to replace the value with other items. She said I could if I really wanted to but it wasn't necessary. How does it normally work when one returns an item bought with points?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ingridmann View Post

4 cases pop
    1 dozen eggs
    4L milk
    Simply Orange juice
    3 butter
    LIFE knee stabilizer
    Tylenol Ultra Relief
    Tylenol Regular Strength
    Metamucil singles

I've never tried emailed SDM coupons with a redemption but it worked! First I handed the cashier my Optimum card, then she rang through my items, I handed her a manufacturer coupon for the Tylenol, my 600 pts. wub 4L milk coupon and also my 4000 pts. wub $20 food/snack coupon. When she stated the total ($111.something), I said I'd like to pay with 50,000 pts. I ended up with 6770 total transaction points as well!

Strange thing though, I later went back to return the knee stabilizer and asked how it would work as I had redeemed points. Cashier said she would just give me cash back. I was surprised that I didn't have to replace the value with other items. She said I could if I really wanted to but it wasn't necessary. How does it normally work when one returns an item bought with points?
    Yep, been working just fine for me too. Use all personal coupons with redemptions, even the bigger WUS one. Love it.

ps...I do it in the same order as you did. Don't know it this makes a difference or not to some who are having trouble with this.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Sat, Mar 21st, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This was my first big redemption. I had only planned on spending the $100 but lost track with the cart being so full.
    eysilix eye cream - reduced $5
    peptalash - reduced $5
    okrapeptide -reduced $10
    earings -$5.99
    soup 4 x .69
    butter $2.99
    spitz $2.49
    easter jelly beans $1.99
    natures bounty $13.19 - 3.00 mfc
    armstrong cheese 4 x $2.99 - 3.00 mfc
    kellogg protein shakes 2 x 5.99 -4.00 mfc
    palmolive 2/$4
    oasis $2.99
    wonder 2 x $1.99 - $4 wub oasis and wonder
    sh nail polish $2,99
    frizz ease conditioner 2 x $6.99 - $5 wub2
    organix oil $7.99
    revlon lipstick $10.99 - $3 mfc
    lays chips $1.77 x 3 - each had a coupon $1 wub lays and 12 pack pepsi
    lb facial tissue 6 x .59
    eggs 2 x $1.99 - $1 wub2
    pepsi $3.49 - $1 mfc
    tiger towels $3.99 - $1 mfc
    milk $3,97
    Not sure I got the best bang for my points but I don't buy myself much. Even if the beauty products don't work it will feel girly to use them. A real treat. I have neglected myself. The shakes and beauty stuff are all mine! Oh and I did the diy baylayage highlights on my hair this morning ...not too bad for 9.99!It was so fun to buy stuff I just wanted. Thanks everyone for teaching me!!!
    ps next time I need that benefit mascara
    I went over by $34 should have bought a gift card!
    Last edited by terry2144; Sat, Mar 21st, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ingridmann View Post

4 cases pop
    1 dozen eggs
    4L milk
    Simply Orange juice
    3 butter
    LIFE knee stabilizer
    Tylenol Ultra Relief
    Tylenol Regular Strength
    Metamucil singles

Usually when i return items bought with points they put it on a gift card
    CrazyQT and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    This was my first big redemption. I had only planned on spending the $100 but lost track with the cart being so full.

Not sure I got the best bang for my points but I don't buy myself much. Even if the beauty products don't work it will feel girly to use them. A real treat. I have neglected myself. The shakes and beauty stuff are all mine! Oh and I did the diy baylayage highlights on my hair this morning ...not too bad for 9.99!It was so fun to buy stuff I just wanted. Thanks everyone for teaching me!!!
    ps next time I need that benefit mascara
    I went over by $34 should have bought a gift card!
    Hey Terry2144 - you did fantastic.... a good mixture of necessities and splurges I've been doing the SDM stuff from March 2011 (since joining SC) .... can't believe I never did it before. I love the feeling from the bigger redemptions ... It just feels so awesome coming out with a cart full of stuff. I was very pleasantly surprised that the Sp K Shakes added on points earned today too And I went over the $100 and hadn't bought a GC first either. And the really higher end beauty products are kind of wasted on me as I really don't have a lot of skill in applying makeup so I'll just stick to the maybelline mascara and the marcelle foundation and a nice lip gloss and I'm good. But it is nice to spend a few bucks on skincare products

Planning on another redemption tomorrow

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post
    Usually when i return items bought with points they put it on a gift card
    That's been my experience too ... they are pretty good with any returns with the exception of the electronic stuff.
    terry2144 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We redeemed 2x, 95,000 points with my card for Nintendo 3DS XL (new). Price is 229.99. I paid 259.89 tax inclusive.

My husband redeemed 50,000 points with his card for 3 nintendo 3DS games and adapter. Total before tax was 104.96. Total of 118.61 after taxes.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information