• 3 Post By momof3heathens
  • 4 Post By Decaf
  • 3 Post By FallenPixels
  • 8 Post By d.ot

Thread: Stolen points

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so glad that I did a redemption today. Everything went smoothly today with picking out our items and checking out. OOPS when I tried to use my optimum card for redemption there was already a card being used. The cashier had to redo the entire order. Another cashier stated that some people will deliberately swipe their card after their transaction is done in order to obtain the next person's points.
    The experience was annoying but I'm so glad to use optimum personalized coupons and redemptions otherwise the cashier would never have caught it.
    The poor cashier scanned 83 items twice.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    I am so glad that I did a redemption today. Everything went smoothly today with picking out our items and checking out. OOPS when I tried to use my optimum card for redemption there was already a card being used. The cashier had to redo the entire order. Another cashier stated that some people will deliberately swipe their card after their transaction is done in order to obtain the next person's points.
    The experience was annoying but I'm so glad to use optimum personalized coupons and redemptions otherwise the cashier would never have caught it.
    The poor cashier scanned 83 items twice.
    Omg that's terrible only a cashier would know about that come to think about it I think ive seen a cashier do that before which would probably be cause for termination
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

As for a customer doing it I would think that may constitute as some type of theft
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

ohh, and what he or she has enough points and you were redeeming right. So redemption done on his / her card. So plan can go in opposite direction even if some one decided to redeem for $10.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Exactly If they had enough points for $200 redemption it would be free groceries for me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Wow that could majorly backfire for the "thief". What if you cashed out their points as the card had already been scanned?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

the thief's would have minimal points to begin with if they're trying to steal. But I think maybe after the previous transaction the cashier return the card to the customer and it got accidently scanned.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It would be fairly hard for a customer, they would have to put their card on the scanner (and if the scanner/card is being difficult, actually swipe it on the keyboard)

I have heard of cashiers having the barcode for a card around their wrist to swipe easily without being obvious when someone says no
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Today I went to not my usual shoppers and after the transaction was completed the cashier scanned the bar at the bottom of my recipt. I don't remeber the cashiers doing that at my usual shoppers. Has this happened to anyone else

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They can usually scan the barcode for a return as it brings it up in the system, I wonder of they are flagging certain transactions for followup
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

the lady scanned my daughters receipt after she was finished as well. she only got a lipstick and powder, but maybe because she has over 160k points and is 17 they were suspicious.

Ever since they clawed back peoples points a few years ago I make sure my sub total is above the $50 or $75. I did use 2 personalized points coupons one for 20x points for dellisio pizza and the other was 2000 points for herbal essence conditioner. but my transaction was all above board.

makes you wonder

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

unlucky, at least you got it sorted out though

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Something similar happened to me today
    I had put out my items to be scanned, then looked through my wallet, trying to find the optimum card. The cashier said that she already scanned it (umm...no, I just took it out of my wallet). She showed me the number at the top right of the screen. I checked it against my own card and it wasnt the same. So, we cleared the transaction and started anew. I have no clue what happened or how it happened, but am glad I caught onto it. Now I will be tempted to always look at the screen to make sure my card is being used!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by windowwendy View Post
    Today I went to not my usual shoppers and after the transaction was completed the cashier scanned the bar at the bottom of my recipt. I don't remeber the cashiers doing that at my usual shoppers. Has this happened to anyone else
    hmm id bemakng sure they cancel that out before i leave, very strange
    Season 40 Winners At War

Thread Information