User Tag List

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm caught up! Had to buy dog's flea and tick meds plus heartworm meds and then the new meds for DH cost a bundle - so cash flow is a little off for April. We have been stuck at home so not much spent except for groceries. I did take advantage of the Forever 21 sale of 50% off sale items and free shipping for orders over $21 to pick up 3 shirts and a pair of pants. (One is a Rolling Stones Tee - our big splurge when dh feels better is to go to the Rolling Stones concert in Detroit in July! - I've never seen them.) I didn't realize that Forever 21 had + sizes (who woulda thunk it?) but they still have the sale on until tomorrow, I believe. I've lost about 20 lb since we moved here last May and my lighter pants just hang on me. Luckily I kept some of my "maybe I'll fit into these again" pants - so, although they aren't very flattering, at least they fit. Gotta hit the sack. Good night, ladies!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!
    Typing with left hand because Vader cat is sleeping on the puter table to my right and fell asleep draped over my right wrist which was on the mouse. I am letting her be - she's been in heat, so she needs the break!

Today is my husband's birthday, so I'll make a cheesecake this morning - but the non-frugal part of the day will be ordering in for supper!

Have a great day, all!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Tuesday all ready, good yet bad, feel like I lost time yesterday.

We did out grocery shopping last night which I hurt a little bit. My mom is very brand specific on toilet paper and paper towel so we stocked up on that as it was on sale at RCSS and I found some coupons online (wow P&G coupons have gone donw in value). Also realize we should have gone on the weekend for No Tax but oh well what can you do now. I used a gift card to bring my total down to under $70 so I guess technically we were within our budget for groceries this week. I think I got to used to buying next to no groceries well I was away and kind of liked the little bit of extra savings in my pocket.

Not sure what tonight will bring yet, I was supposed to have a date but pretty sure he is backing out on me, long story kind of annoyed, so maybe I will use my frustration to tackle another project in the house. There is always a pile that needs to be cleaned.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ah sorry about that Sassy. Online dating is not fun at all. Keep safe girl! It will happen when it is meant to happen.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday. Another sunny start to the day here and I'm stuck in the office looking out the window lol. Oh well. Will take some days off soon when it's nice out. A few days while kids are in school so I can get stuff done and then in the summer so we can chill. Tonight DS has ball hockey so not much will get done but will put laundry on and put away what is folded on the dryer and hanging up clean. Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night (rice, chops on bbq and greek salad) Will take peameal bacon out of freezer tonight and make that for kids tomorrow night with eggs etc. Need to plan better but just so busy. My girl is back from her winter in the South so getting my taxes done at lunch Then plan how to spend and save refund lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget today since tomorrow is payday (updated on other thread) But one thing that got me thinking was I am so happy it is April and hopefully Hydro and Enbridge or low the next few months so I can build up my Utility account. The increase for Enbridge killed my budgeted amount put aside for Hydro and Gas (2 bills were more then the amount I had budgets for both!!!) I may have to up my monthly budgeted amount which sucks. I like to save more then pay bills lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to try and really clean out the freezer/fridge the next few weeks and spend not much but only on fresh stuff. Loving the FB sale this week on 4pk peppers, 3pk romaine and cauliflower! Going to grab another pack of peppers and 2 romaine (get 600 PC pts on each Have almost $40 on PC PLUS CARD (39,650!) and $325.00 on PC MC. Saving MC pts but getting the itch to redeem the $40 soon. Waiting for good bbq stuff on sale!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@SassyAshley : Thanks for the well thought out response! I'll keep all those questions in mind. Right now, it's a toss up between having our bathroom re-done or the eavestrough. Since the snow has melted, we'll wait until next month until the doors and windows are installed and the last payment sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    for all my fellow crocheters out there, check out Michael's huge sale on (ok semi huge) assorted yarns. really hoping to convince hubby to make a stop out today while dropping son off at work.
    only need a couple rolls (at .97 y not)
    That's what I forgot to pick up. Unfortunately, LO had been up and waiting for me to come back home. I had already been away for three hours after she woke up from her nap.

Quote Originally Posted by brittany.michelley View Post
    How is everyone continuing to save money?
    Welcome back, Brittany! I asked how people were managing their skincare routine a few days ago, but I think everyone missed the question. Most times, I use SDM points because SpectroJel coupons are rare (but there are $3 coupons out now!). I use J&J call-in coupons for my sunblock, and am living off samples for moisturizer (Clinique). I try to stay away from make-up, expensive creams, and anti-aging products in general. That's how I've been saving on cosmetics recently.

Would you like to add another category?

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    J&C I so hear you on the dusting of Lego. It's such a nightmare. I have considered sticking it in the dishwasher.
    I have one of those Ikea covered bins for LO's Lego/Mega Bloks. When she goes for a bath, I run the hot water until it turns from cold to hot into the bin and give the pieces a rinse, then leave it outside in the shade for a few hours. The dust drives me a bit bonkers, but keeping it in a covered bin when not in use really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoodle View Post
    Well, after a few weeks of spending only on 'needs' I decided to treat myself for finishing my degree and bought $18 worth of chocolate!
    Congratulations on finishing your degree! That is a well-deserved treat and splurge.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Wow - my son was hugely surprised at the awards ceremony. He will be heading to the nationals and also received a scholarship equal to a year of paid post secondary tuition. All those hours and hours of hard work paid off for him immensely.
    That is a *HUGE* savings! Congratulations to your son!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure what tonight will bring yet, I was supposed to have a date but pretty sure he is backing out on me, long story kind of annoyed, so maybe I will use my frustration to tackle another project in the house. There is always a pile that needs to be cleaned.
    Ugh. Glad you can get something constructive done and channel your extra energy for yourself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Keep an eye on winter stuff markdowns at RCSS. -46 Windshield Washer is .94 cents each at mine! Picked up 8

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avongcallingu congrats on the weight loss, @Natalka enjoy the treat and birthday celebrations
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Going to try and really clean out the freezer/fridge the next few weeks and spend not much but only on fresh stuff. Loving the FB sale this week on 4pk peppers, 3pk romaine and cauliflower! Going to grab another pack of peppers and 2 romaine (get 600 PC pts on each Have almost $40 on PC PLUS CARD (39,650!) and $325.00 on PC MC. Saving MC pts but getting the itch to redeem the $40 soon. Waiting for good bbq stuff on sale!
    wowzers great amount of points

How do you know your mc rewards balance, my pc points and mc are linked, thanks

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley hope you do have a date tonight and if not his loss girlfriend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasper - Re: PC MC balance. I didn't link my PC MC to a PC PLUS card. So I have my one PC PLUS card and then my PC MC so I guess I have two cards to collect pc plus pts (in store and anywhere I use the MC for my PC MC) Make sense? So I see the pts balance on my pc plus account (and at the bottom of my receipt at Loblaws etc when I use my MC)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am not a hotdog fan but the kids like them now and again on the BBQ so thinking the $2.99 on Juicy jumbos coming up on sale at FB is the best I will see! Will grab a bunch for the summer stock up

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Angela, thats awesome congrats on the new babies news.. now you can start stocking up. don't forget about local garage sales. if they start early enough for you in your area.

Momof5boys.. sounds like you've raised a 'perty fart smeller (as my Dad says). a pretty smart kid. congrats on the award. always nice to be rewarded for hard work. even surprisingly.

well.. went to my parents to pick up some buttons, made my dad a walker bag for his 'discreet' items.
    it was a wee too small. so going to make another larger one for his walker 'on the go' (in the van)

they were both a little shocked but happy i made it. dad just kept grinning. i'll share a pic when im done.
    also working on a shaw,(for two weddings next year im attending, to wear, not give)
    as well as placemats for my table. then need to finish a couple of baby sets.
    then maybe i can work on a wedding gift..

i go thursday to talk about my 'assessments'.
    keeping my fingers crossed.

so dh asked me on the weekend if i wanted a new phone or tablet for my birthday (45th on the 5th) as well as our anniversary on Friday..

hmmm i chose a phone.. after 4 long years it feels good to be an up to date techie..

then i go for new glasses in a week.. then my license renewal.. so much for April being spendthrift. lol....
    i need to win a lottery or something.
    It's funny that people have the assumption that he is so smart because he won in a science fair. Actually, he is a very average type fellow but happens to be very motivated in one area and strives to excel in that one area. I've told people for years that, if kids want to learn and are passionate about something, they'll figure it out and don't need teachers to tell them how. I came to this conclusion after home schooling two of my boys for four of their elementary years. I really don't think that brick and mortar schools are that terribly necessary any longer for high school aged students. A lot can be done on line. I see our school system changing in the next twenty or so years....

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information