User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Food Banks and Grocery Stores

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP what province is your food bank located?
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are a whole lot of salaries in the not for profit and government/government related areas that are way out of line. There is a lot of lip service paid to doing something about this but not much is done to correct the problem...and we keep on paying, and paying and paying.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    There are a whole lot of salaries in the not for profit and government/government related areas that are way out of line. There is a lot of lip service paid to doing something about this but not much is done to correct the problem...and we keep on paying, and paying and paying.
    I am confused. Do tax payers pay for not for profit? Which government charitable services are you referencing that tax payers keep paying and paying? What province is your food bank located, OP?
    Thx
    Ciel, macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If someone has a faster Internet connection, can you find the salary for the United Way Toronto CEO in the 2013-14 annual report? It's downloading the 28-pg pdf so slowly on the library computer. Thanks.
    http://www.unitedwaytoronto.com/document.doc?id=169
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I am confused. Do tax payers pay for not for profit? Which government charitable services are you referencing that tax payers keep paying and paying? What province is your food bank located, OP?
    Thx
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If someone has a faster Internet connection, can you find the salary for the United Way Toronto CEO in the 2013-14 annual report? It's downloading the 28-pg pdf so slowly on the library computer. Thanks.
    http://www.unitedwaytoronto.com/document.doc?id=169
    I scanned it, didn't see salaries listed.

From Macleans mag, Sept. 2/2013 page 44
    They had her listed as UW of Canada, and later made a correction

Susan McIsaac $300,000 to 349,000 (top salary range from CRA, for unnamed employee, assumed to be CEO

http://issuu.com/irishnik/docs/m_201..._downmagaz.com
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 20th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and Candini like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is a 2010 year article. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are earning 30 % - 40 % more than what's reported in the article .

Six-figure salaries the norm at top charities

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/six-figure-salaries-the-norm-at-top-charities/article4352708/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never buy the premade bags at the grocery store. The food bank usually has a list of most wanted items. Awhile ago they were requesting feminine hygiene products too. I have never given cash.
    Natalka, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

I have neighbors who make donations biweekly and you maybe surprise that they accept other household stuffs beside foods. They take everything except medicines and high end swiffer products.

I often help her packs things to donate as she has arthritis and young children. Her usual stuffs are soaps/shampoo/conditioner/laundry detergent/sheets/cleaning supply/bodywash/toilet paper/toothpaste/toothbrushes/mouthwashes/candles/bugs spray etc. She loves the rebate from snap and co51 where she gets free item, that she gets them and donate. She received a tax receipts for her donated stuffs, but she said it motivate her to do them biweekly.
    Ciel, macw1960, BCcheapMom and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WTG! Yeah!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    What province is your food bank located, OP?Thx
    They mentioned Fortinos so they are in Ontario since they are only in Hamilton to Missisauga area, not that I see how it matters, there are independent food banks everywhere.

As far as Campbell's Chunky, I only buy them when they are under $2 and you can find them for 3/$5

Last time I looked in one of those bags (at Fortinos as it happens) they had a jar of pasta sauce, pasta (not boxed Mac & Cheese), some canned meat and other stuff. I remember thinking that is was probably the lowest sale price / store cost for the items as there was a fair bit in there.

Personally, my recent donations have been diapers bc it is what my local foodbank has a shortage of, and with SDM offers, coupons and VIB coupons, I have been able to get them for almost free after points
    macw1960 and Darth Penguin like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wao, good reality check there dirtdog. Didn't think of that. Sneaky business plan they had
    macw1960 likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only give them stuff from my graden. Hey it is organic!
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It just makes me feel good that I am sharing my harvest
    macw1960 and bullet tooth like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    This is a 2010 year article. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are earning 30 % - 40 % more than what's reported in the article .

Six-figure salaries the norm at top charities

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4352708/
    Wow, this just feels wrong.
    macw1960 and bullet tooth like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information