User Tag List

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hearing about what a thoughtful young man Milan is ALMOST makes me wish we`d had a kid.
    Are there any volunteer organizations that pair up adults with kids like Big Brothers and Big Sisters in your area?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well add my DH to the list too. The other night he took DD to Staples to pick up some school supplies. Trust me it would have been cheaper if I had gone. He brought home a little netbook to "try out"( 2 week return policy he said) because it was such a good deal at $232. Now of course he already has plenty of devices-definitely a want not a need. I am pretty sure he is going to keep it at the end of two weeks but on the other hand he rarely indulges himself, the money is there and he never complains about me travelling. But I gave him a bit of grief anyway-just to razz him.

As for QOTD-I usually have a list and price match at No Frills from other flyers. I try to go at 8 when it opens and take as long as I need. Bit I will pick up other things too if they are a good deal.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

QOTD:

I am always on a tight time schedule. How long the children can handle or need to be fed or when I said I would return home for the tag off. If I am on my own I will do multiple stops to save. If I have the kids no more than 2 stops so I try to do all in one shopping trips.

Have a good one!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So far I have been out and made 3 quick stops for a few groceries. Going to make up a vegetarian lasagna, then watch my friends litle girl for a couple hrs this aft. Then early dinner and drop DD and her friend off at 5:30 at the University to warm up for a band concert starting at 7:30. So DH and I will kill some time watching the little 4 year old twin boys play soccer nearby for an hr-rumour has it they are pretty good little scorers so that will be fun and they will be thrilled that we can come and watch. Should be home by 10 and I am sure by then I will be ready for bed!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Puttered around on my lunch hour. Put payment on my CT MasterCard for work purchase. Checked out 2 $ stores. Foodbasics ($1 on Grapes for DS's Lunch)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    QOTD: How organized are you before your shopping trip? Are you on a tight schedule or can you take as much time as you like?
    I usually shop with DH during the week while the kids are at school and before he has to go to work. We usually have 2-3 hours to complete the shopping trip to make sure we are home and have lunch before he has to leave for work at 1:45pm.

We mainly only shop at No Frills and pm everything there. I have 2 different spreadsheets I use to organize my grocery shopping trip.

The first list is a master list of everything we normally buy. I print this master list off go through the fridges, freezers and pantry and check off everything that we need. I can then look through the flyers and try to match everything up with current sales, look through my coupon stash and check online for Checkout51 cashback offers and PC plus. If I am in a hurry I can just use this list to shop with as it is organized by the layout of the grocery store.

If I want to make sure I stay in budget, I spend the extra time to re-enter it into my second spreadsheet which I can add the prices of everything into. On this spreadsheet I enter everything I plan on buying, along with the prices, then I know what the total of my grocery trip should be and can tweak it to stay in budget. I add notes into the master list of coupons to use, store that is being pm'd etc... and then print that off to take with me to the store.

I also write all the pm deals on the top of each flyer so I know what items are from each flyer.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

QOTD - I hate shopping so I stick to my list in and out (lol) and avoid aisles & temptations
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

QOTD- Depends. If I take DS I make it quick (So I try not to bring him). Most of the times I go I can take my time but usually I want in and out. On long weekends I try to go Friday on my lunch so I'm ready for the weekend and don't have to waste my time. Sometimes I'm in the mood to look around and other times I don't. So depends on the day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I think we are pretty ready for this long weekend foodwise. Just need to really grab hamburger buns which I will do so on Friday (and they are on sale yeah!). Have beef and pork in the freezer to make burger patties. Will ask my honey to make a pasta salad on Friday (we have carrots, celery, onion and chive in the garden). I have a whole chicken that I think we should BBQ (have potatoes, onion, fresh mushrooms etc) I think we really only need romaine to make salads Have all the stuff for ceaser salad and tons of veggies still to make Greek! (peppers, cucumber, onion, celery (to use up lol) Sunday I'm thinking we may go to Wonderland (I bought season passes for Christmas including the parking pass) So will pack drinks and snacks. I think we have our weekend menu planned! And our fun!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Thanks Natalka! I`ll try that.

Glad to hear your back is on the mend.

Hearing about what a thoughtful young man Milan is ALMOST makes me wish we`d had a kid. Those flowers are gorgeous.
    Aw, that's sweet of you to say! You know, we hoped/planned/wanted more children, but he was our miracle baby and could be the only one, so we had to make a wonderful one!
    Kudos to him too, because he's kept core values close to him, and just is a good man, period.

QOTD: How organized are you before your shopping trip? Are you on a tight schedule or can you take as much time as you like?

When the flyers come out, I make a master list and match up coupons - then there are usually two shopping trips during the week, grouping them - usually the first with more of the necessities. I also try to make the list for each store going by the path taken to do the shopping, by which aisles.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well made burgers with bacon for the kiddos and decided to treat myself as I was ticked made shrimp and rice
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yum! I would love burgers too but saving that for the long weekend. I get a free night now as our game was canceled :)))) So will make a better dinner then I was planning, do laundry, tidy the laundry room a bit. Post stuff for sale (have a few pick ups to arrange ) Go through DS's short drawer and post for sale!!! He had another growth spurt and nothing fits! Get the Old Navy online order in my car so we can exchange for bigger sizes tomorrow while that way for hockey Oooh, I have lots planned!!! Will make it a good night since it is like a free night

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Are there any volunteer organizations that pair up adults with kids like Big Brothers and Big Sisters in your area?
    There probably are but I don`t have the time or energy.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sometimes I wonder if bf feels frustrated with me. Yes I budget down to the penny but I make room for crafty stuff. Or I take the time to put in extra hours or extra on the side work so I can set money aside for what may seem to him an impulse buy. However on my side he smokes so I figure as along as I'm paying my agreed on responsibilities (plus our loan) my splurges shouldn't be an issue. He tells me he's feeling tight on money but he always seems to have $$ for smokes.
    Last edited by saundyl; Tue, May 12th, 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-as for shopping -I take as much time -usually shop freshco,walmart or shoppers -I pricematch and use coupons -so I write my list (with stores name where i price match)on a used save.ca envelope on the back -circle items on the flyers -oh and I love grocery shopping always have
    -nancy i feel for you-maybe it was unexpected
    -I have a hubby-that doesnt really want to spend on himself (he really needs runners so I will go with him to bug him to buy a pair)

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information