User Tag List

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley you have the patience of an angel with your mom
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tidied up this am as I don't know if dh will come back today (1 day early) or tomorrow, sure hope it's tomorrow as I don't feel like going to the cottage (wink). Lunch for me is leftover chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy, drool. Dinner tonight is Italian sausage $3.50 for the 3 of us so not bad. Going to bump a few adds today, I have 1 pickup lined up for tonight which was already planned so fingers crossed they show. My plans for this afternoon are to wash the hardwood floors which was supposed to be a task from days ago but I managed to put things in their place instead so the house looks organized, a place for everything and everything in it's place.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Off to drop of DD's band outfit for dry cleaning before I hand it back in, pick up a couple of things at the store, then grab lunch and then watch the 4 twins for about 4 hrs this afternoon-that ought to keep me busy. DD's 16th birthday party is being held a little early this weekend as her best friend is in town. And I best find time to pack as Tues a.m. I am off to California for 8 days with my little buddies while DH manages things back here at the ranch-lol.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    There probably are but I don`t have the time or energy.
    I just thought of something else. Our local library has a reading program where a child comes in and spends half an hour or an hour with an adult practicing reading. Children aren't always an energy drain. The majority of time they are, but they have moments when they're just happy zipping and unzipping your pockets (guess what LO did while I finally got a chance to do the dishes ).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided at lunch that dinner would be the Janes chicken breasts that I redeemed for at Shoppers a few weeks ago. So went to get buns (hoping to use GT flyer on reduced Wonder buns with bonus PC pts) Decided to wait to see if I get pts offer tomorrow so grabbed the 12 pk Old Mill buns ($2.99 less 30% off so $2.09 (expire the 18th- they will be long gone by then) and received 400 PC pts (personal offer of 200 pts per $1 spent on Old Mill buns) So not a bad deal at all. And price matched head of iceburg lettuce selling for $1 at GT ($2.29 at RCSS). Will serve sliced veggies with the chicken burger (have tons of peppers, cucumber and carrots)

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Maybe this isn't very frugal, but we had College Pro here yesterday to clean all our upper storey windows/screens and also clean out the gutters. They did a fantastic job but bent one of the screens. I was told not to pay until they had this screen fixed - just found the screen under our mat in perfect shape Now waiting for them to come and pick up the cheque.

We figured it was worth having them come out rather than us getting up on ladders to quite the height. We're not young enough for such adventures any longer. I was impressed how College Pro took great care not to touch the gutters with their ladders.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went back to No frills to get more sausage, they were pretty good and a pack of 12 was $5.00 which is amazing. They had no more honey garlic so I picked up 2 packs of medium Italian. I almost forgot to go back but DH reminded me. I ran in on lunch to get them. I can so relate about hubbies and budgeting & saving. DH ask before any purchase “what credit card”. I actually like that he does that as I manage our points through this.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^I think that was money well spent. There are certain things where money shouldn't be an issue. Pretty risky to get up there and clean windows and gutters. Great job!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well son dropped in today to take hubby for some more wood for our deck -his jeep type car holds them
    -so as we were waiting for hubby to get in at 10.15 -(he picked up 3 extra school actvity runs this week extra money for the deck)I made my son scrambled eggs /toast and juice -that felt nice (gee you do miss them when they are married or moved out for sure)
    -did a load of laundry to hang
    just went to shoppers to get my emailed deals

-oh and I started a xmas puzzle today (love doing them they relax me )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some things are worth paying for. Last year I paid a student $25 to rake up the leaves (and dog poop) in my backyard. Raking is hard on the back and my time is worth more

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went for blood work again this morning. They`re trying to figure out why my hemoglobin took a nosedive.

I stopped at Zehrs to pick up some Becel on for $4.49-$1 coupon and yesterday I got a bonus points offer for 500 points. Also got the Oral B Vitality electric toothbrush and replacement brushes on sale for $21.99=2000 instore points for each. Couldn`t figure out why I got 14000 points til I checked my offers. I had 1000 for every $5 spent on Crest electric brushes and heads. It`s showing as earned. I`m not complaining!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Some things are worth paying for. Last year I paid a student $25 to rake up the leaves (and dog poop) in my backyard. Raking is hard on the back and my time is worth more
    I paid someone to do cleaning a couple weeks ago. Things I can`t do so definitely worth it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I paid someone to do cleaning a couple weeks ago. Things I can`t do so definitely worth it.
    I'm doing the same once the organizing is done. My house needs a good deep clean from top to bottom! And all the windows washed!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have $100 saved from income tax to hire a cleaner (probably after baby). There is enough yard work in the summer to keep us busy! I will cash in sooner if I find I am slowing down.

3 weeks of the course left after this weekend. There was only one assignment this week...thank goodness, I have had zero time to attend to it without my intern. I think I will be up late tonight working. Tonight I am at an award banquet for a special needs student in my class who won an academic award. It is a joy and honour to go (bonus...free dinner).

This weekend DH will be working at a Youth Convention in Waterloo, which means I will be flying solo trying to manage the house, organize for the week, take care of kids and, hopefully, relax a little once the work is done. Monday he will be home and if the weather is nice I plan to boss him around for half a day and then let him relax with the rest of us.

Cheers until later.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, May 14th, 2015 at 03:41 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys great call!

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information