User Tag List

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-today we are just off to visit friends east of Edmonton. Next Wed we drive to West Vancouver to pick up our DD and a few days there-then onto the island staying at our house exchange in Parksville, one night in Victoria, ferry to down near Seattle where we have a couple nights B and B booked and some back to school shopping/enjoying the scenery and sights and then driving home. I think it should be a fun family vacation as I mised our family vacation last year with my Mum's boken hip-of course I have travelled in the past year but not all 3 of us together so should be fun.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jul 15th, 2015 at 08:17 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I will be excited to hear if any babies have arrived while we are gone-I know Granger is getting close and Angela I know twins are often a litte early-it is great that you have been able to carry them to 35 weeks so far and I certainly understand why you will be waiting to deliver in Saskatoon. My friend with her two sets of twins delived both at just over 36 weeks and just under 37 weeks with all 4 weighing between 5 lbs 3 oz and 5 lbs 9 oz-they must have been getting a bit cramped in there! All 4 are big strapping boys now. You may well go closer to term with even bigger babies as I think you mentioned you sister in law did. looking forward to the Granger and Angela updates as I travel-it soundslikemost of the prep is ready for your new babies!Enjoy.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Wednesday which means the week is half over, I could so happy dance but I won't I am at work, there are cameras.

Last night I made myself a nice fresh pasta using some leftover pasta in the fridge with a side salad to use up some lettuce we had as well. Nothing out of the freezer last night but we are getting somewhere when it comes to cleaning out the fridge. Does not look like we will be able to shop until after the weekend due to Mom's work schedule which works as a great excuse for me because I am hoping to empty and clean the fridge on the weekend. Yes I could do the shopping alone but this will give me a chance to give the fridge a good scrub which it needs plus toss a few things I know have been in there too long but some do not want to get rid of because "we might use it" or "the moment you toss it, I will find a recipe for it". Plus this gives me a whole day with the house to myself which I have come to discover I just need sometimes.

Slowly trying to clean up at home, not going so well. There are so many day to day tasks being ignored that by the time I get through those my ambition for some of the bigger projects is lacking. Yet again the dishes have pilled up and have a feeling will be waiting for me on Saturday so I started to attack the pile last night. I also did the upstairs floors which left little time for much else.

I have taken a quick look at the flyers being posted and it looks like there are quite a few things to stock up on for us this week which was not what I wanted to see. Funny for weeks I have been hoping Metro would put Silk on sale, it is on sale this week but now it is just one more thing to add to the list. This week might be a little tricky budget wise and might have to get creative. Maybe it is a good thing we won't be going this weekend as it will give me more time to figure out exactly what fits in our budget.

Have a great day everyone time to get back to work.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu geez so sorry to hear about the flooding @lizzie bargain enjoy your vacation @SassyAshley we do what we can girl - don't worry be happy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello . Took a vacation day today. Was hoping to sleep in but nope. Hung laundry out to dry that I washed last night. Youngest was sleeping still at 9 and my teen was up. So I hit FB a ( blueberries, wraps, potatoes and ice cream) then RCSS for a few whole chickens and got a SCOP on a baby item. $10 off $11.98 . Figured it was best to grab these sale items now since I have meal plans for them and they were pretty cheap. Kids love when my honey makes wedges on the bbq so $1 for 5 lbs of potatoes will add a nice side to bbq chicken etc. Came home and made the boys eggs and cheese on English muffins which they were enjoying together at the tAble. Love seeing them talk and hang out which doesn't happen often with their age difference.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jul 15th, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Having another bleh kinda day. Was supposed to go run errands this morning, but had no ambition. Might listen to Lily dog and go spy on the neighbours later.

Anyone else disappointed about the announcement about the PanAm closing ceremonies? Kanye West is not my first choice, but at least I know he's American. Sigh. Apparently, our Mayor is not that bright.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/pana...-ceremony.html

Better go make lunch for the troops.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DD1 better. I went to Vacation Bible School with them this morning just in case she needed help in the bathroom (we think it was food related, gluten?) she was fine.

Now they are at preschool and I am sitting in Boston Pizza being unfrugal. Eating, phone updates and reading. DH is working tonight so I don't feel bad. I have rebooked pedi tomorrow morning with sister during VBS. Which is free bc I have a gift card!

Have a great day all.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Jul 15th, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just finished the 2nd round of the board game mouse trap....I hate that game (lol). I'm not a board game kinda of gal but Logan wanted to play so I decided to play 2 games and call it enough (haha). Monopoly and Risk to be are the worst as they are never ending....see....just no into them. I don't mind the game sorry quick & easy (smile). Lunch was leftover Chinese food and we still have enough for supper so not bad 4+ meals for $45 as a treat.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    So sorry to hear this Avon-flooding is a nightmare with the,mess, loss of items, costs etc. Sadly I speak from the experience of losing a child in a flood so while I empathize greatly with any flood victim, I am thankful when lives are spared. Items can be replaced but people cannot -so glad you and DH are okay-but it is a total pain I know! My sympathies.
    OMG, Lizzie! I'm SO VERY SORRY to hear about your loss! It certainly puts our little puddle into perspective! I'm sorry to have reminded you. Although, I'm sure you never forget!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!

Thoughts, concerns, worries and/or benefits of the BOC (Bank of Canada) lowering the rate by .25% today.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/2015/07/fad-press-release-2015-07-15/

A gentle reminder for those that recently renewed their mortgages in the last 6 months check out the rates, you may be able to get a better one by calling your bank

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Just finished the 2nd round of the board game mouse trap....I hate that game (lol). I'm not a board game kinda of gal but Logan wanted to play so I decided to play 2 games and call it enough (haha). Monopoly and Risk to be are the worst as they are never ending....see....just no into them. I don't mind the game sorry quick & easy (smile). Lunch was leftover Chinese food and we still have enough for supper so not bad 4+ meals for $45 as a treat.
    I`ve never played Risk but I love Monopoly. Haven`t played against humans in years but I play the electronic versions all the time. I like that you can set the skill level on the computer one.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!

Thoughts, concerns, worries and/or benefits of the BOC (Bank of Canada) lowering the rate by .25% today.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/2015/07/fad-press-release-2015-07-15/

A gentle reminder for those that recently renewed their mortgages in the last 6 months check out the rates, you may be able to get a better one by calling your bank
    Renewing our mortgage early was in hindsight a very stupid move.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The only debt we have is the LOC, it's my brothers debt, but still annoying the interest rates are not decreasing at the same level. Td did a .1% decrease. Who will even notice that. I personally don't like the lower rate. It's too risky.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger glad to hear your daughter is feeling better @lizzie bargain so sorry about your daughter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 I agree the banks are being to greedy (lol) I wish they would offer something near to what they are getting but they are there to make $.

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information