User Tag List

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Wet damp day here again! Good day to be at work! I'm going to work my butt off today and get the odds and ends off my desk today. Think I will take a few days off in the next few weeks so want to be ready for the nice weather. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning All. Well there truly is no rest for the wicked. Got a call before 9:00 this morning. Our favourite customer was at Millbank Cheese late Friday afternoon and bought 27 towels. I had taken in 20 just a week ago and thought they would be good till I get the Christmas ones out next month. I had coffee last night so I was up crocheting til 3:00 this morning. Better get back at it. Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh wow! But good for you for $$$$

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I spent a whopping$19.21 this weekend. And it was on groceries! Sweet!! We just needed basics (milk, bread, fruit etc) The freezer is full so we are planning meals from there. This weekend we are bringing scallop potatoes for family dinner. Have all needed to make on hand which means I really don't need to step foot in the grocery store this weekend if I don't feel like it. Hope to have a good amount of grocery money to bring forward to the next budget period.
    Have a few pick ups/deliveries scheduled for the next few days so my hockey expense envelope is building and our storage wars envelope too!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has been a rough October so far for me. As I have already said, dh caught a cold and shared it with all of our young children. The babies are having a hard time breathing due to their very stuffy noses. I'm still the only "healthy" one in our household. Plus the twins had thier immunizations on Thursday, so they both have not been feeling well and are pretty cranky and demanding. I've been getting very little sleep at night. I'm still trying hard to avoid us eating out very often. Bills keep increasing, but our income has not.

Yesterday I made waffles and double chocolate zucchini and oatmeal muffins. The muffins are a new recipe and the amount/type of chocolate makes them somewhat bitter. I'd tinker with the recipe before using it again.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I walked 3km on our indoor track in Saturday with two of our friends. We used to do this pretty regularly, 2yrs ago...that was before their wedding. I'm looking forward to doing this again. I might just take all of the children sometimes. This would help big brother burn off some energy.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-morning-just posted a few things on kijij -my daughter gave me 2 blazers to try to sell-she tells me to keep some of the money but I don't I love helping my kids
    -I think I may go bake some muffins
    -my cold is making me tired I was up til 12.30 last night so I slept in spare room -then this morning hubby opened the door at 7.10 before he went off to work and woke me -he said he thought something was wrong with me cause I wasn't up at my usual 6.00 a.m -ahhhh he cares

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Coupon Girl- I was up past 12:30 am last night but to help my son with a project It's funny how once we get rolling the lateness doesn't bother me. Was happy to have the final product and know that it was completed and handed in this morning

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can anyone tell me how to make simple crustless quiche? I want to make mini ones in the muffin tins so I can have a simple lunch a few days this week with salad

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Stocked up my freezer this weekend with groceries, so that was a little more expensive than originally planned, but we shouldn't have to buy much aside from produce and milk for the next two to three weeks at the least. Also got to bring home leftover pizza from the restaurant yesterday since the pizza that they serve for dinner is made for two (I only ended up eating a quarter of it!) so that will be a nice thing to bring for lunches at work!!

Got a good chunk of tidying done this weekend, even though my dining room table is still massively cluttered... I listed a few other items up for sale on some FB groups, hopefully I'll get a few bites soon so I can start getting rid of some of this stuff. It's perfectly good, I just... have no need for it, so here's hoping! Plus the extra cash will be nice!
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl : I hope things begin looking up for your brother soon and that his baby steps turn into "toddler steps".
    @jasperandchar : I'm sorry to hear about your treatment at Metro and I hope you get some resolution. To answer your QOTD, I do buy meat at the counter, but rarely do I ask for specific pieces or weights. I only ask for weights when it's a ground meat.
    @Granger : Cute babies!

Strange, but I also had a incident with the meat counter at RCSS. I bought fresh chicken breast at RCSS mid-afternoon and DH prepared it for dinner that night. He told me there were several freezer-burnt portions that had to be cut away.

I tried calling the customer service number on the website and heard a message to call back during business hours, from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. This was at 10:10 AM. I tried emailing customer service, but the message was returned. I called RCSS and the meat department said they never use frozen meat, and that it was impossible. Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure we needed all the chicken for our weekend cooking, and it's unrealistic to drive the 40 minutes there and back to show them, if we have any chicken left at all.

I also had another incident at WM. My shopping life seems to be full of incidents! When I arrived at the returns line, there was only one person in front of me. One of the CSRs decided to change shifts or take lunch, leaving one cashier open. When she processed my return from a gift receipt, she somehow made it go back onto the original credit card. Ten people filed in line in the last minute and the CSR began helping another employee, took phone calls, called the CSM to try and fix her error, ....

By this time, the natives were getting restless. Two women behind me began talking amongst themselves, guessing why it was taking so long. One of them guessed that I didn't have a receipt and they both jumped on how people who didn't have receipts shouldn't be able to make returns, etc., etc. While I was waiting I thought about explaining the situation but then they would blame the poor cashier who was trying to juggle customers, employees, the phone, and a mistake she wasn't able to fix and thought it would just be better for her if the customers didn't blame her for the delay. She was flustered enough as it was.

Sometimes, people get angry at things you can't really do anything about, like delays in traffic. So, I spent 10 minutes listening to them talk about me while standing directly behind me. I had my receipt and I waited in line as they did so I didn't feel guilty at all, just lousy entertainment.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273: I have no idea how you're managing. You're supergirl. Seriously.

With just one LO, we were struggling to get out the door on time on Sunday. We had a strict deadline to do a reading in church and LO was dragging her feet, had a few tantrums, visited the potty twice - with one very long visit, absolutely had to wear red sweatpants and I was just doing one of these: There isn't anything that matches red sweatpants when you've just done laundry. She left the house looking like she had dressed herself, if you know what I mean.

I threw on jeans and a hoodie in our flurry to get out the door, realizing how completely disrespectful I looked. Everyone must think I'm such a slacker, while I'm just happy to be wearing clothes at all, with a minimum requirement that they're just clean. Is it just me or does everyone have days like this?

One other new mom understands me. She said her new one month daughter is double the trouble that her two sons were. I told her if she was like mine, she won't get any less demanding and that I knew exactly what she meant.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Oct 5th, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Today, I was talking to PC Plus and asked about points given when using reusable bags and bins. The CSR told me that you get a reduction of $0.01 per bag off your bill if you don't have a PC Financial card, and 10 points per bag if you do.

QOTD: Do you get PC points if you have a PC Plus card but no PC Financial cards?

I've never had a reduction on my bill in over a year for bringing bags (and not using a PC Financial card). The CSR suggested I call PC Financial because it was not a points issue. I can't even find it on google!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -I bring my own bags to fortinos and I never get a reduction -but I don't have a p.c debit card or credit cardonly the p.c plus program card

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit lovely photo of the brats @coupon girl I agree Ashlyn is blessed to have such wonderful family & friends @Crochetlady and @coupon girl I agree there was not value to being spoken that way
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information