User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: question for menopaused ladies only ?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

As many of you know , i had that big surgery due to a uterine cancer almost a year ago....they remove everyting even the side glands by natural ways

so , now i am menopaused

sometimes , i have abdominal pain and lower back pain exactly like when i had my period.....is that possible, have you had this experience ?
    Or, can it be something wrong happening there ?

some days, my lower back pain is so strong, i have to take pain pills and stay in bed.....

thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Oct 17th, 2015 at 09:57 PM.
    SnowFlakey, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm going through menopause and have not had those pains..

Of course I could just be lucky..

I hope you do not have to suffer to much.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have been menopausal since I hit 30( all the women in my family hit menopause early) and I have never had pains like that. I would get that checked out as it doesn't sound normal. But welcome to the club! Hot,cold,hot,cold......
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thank you ladies about your comments, i'm seeing my dr tomorrow so, i'll talk to her if she think it need more investigation
    SnowFlakey and dededi like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Let us know how you make out tomorrow, Mia. You're doing the right thing in talking to your doctor about it. Once you've been through cancer, every thing out of the ordinary can drive you crazy with worry, eh? (I know it does me, anyway.) Sending positive thoughts your way. Think of fun things that make you laugh. The LOL board here on smartcanuks has some great stuff!
    SnowFlakey, wolfwoman and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

good news and bad in the same time.....
    this pain is normal
    my body doesn't know i didn't ovulate, then it react as if i had my period as usual, it may last up to 5 years or so
    Natalka, lecale, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope things get better for you, Mia!

Interesting answer from your doctor - and I can relate to that. I'm 54, and may be finally in menopause (fingers crossed). I've been in peri-menopause since my mid-30s, and I've had enough. I also have PCOS, which complicates things. I haven't had a period since the end of July - but a few weeks ago I went through the exact back pain I get when I do have my period (it's horrid).

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I haven't had a cycle in years and no more night sweats or hot flashes. So I thought " fantastic! All done!" Then WHAMO! Hot flashes again and more night sweats. My doc did bloodwork and said that I was in the middle of my menopause. Really? ARRRGGGG! My DH can't take it at night. I have 2 fans pointed on me and the AC going in October. He call out bedroom " The Meatlocker"
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i had my surgery last january and didn't have much hot flashes....however, i started taking evening primerose oil few months before and i thing it helps for me

my mom didn't have much hot flashes and i didn't heard women on my mother side complaining about it ....
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Oct 19th, 2015 at 06:06 PM.
    SnowFlakey and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mia, that's good - but one cannot always go by female family members. What I've been going through is totally different than my mom and my three older sisters. The only thing similar to my mom is that she went through it later, as well - mind you, she had her last child at 45, so I don't know if that made a difference.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i think that makes a difference , i've hear of ladies who had child late and they said it eased their menopause

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I haven't had a cycle in years and no more night sweats or hot flashes. So I thought " fantastic! All done!" Then WHAMO! Hot flashes again and more night sweats. My doc did bloodwork and said that I was in the middle of my menopause. Really? ARRRGGGG! My DH can't take it at night. I have 2 fans pointed on me and the AC going in October. He call out bedroom " The Meatlocker"
    You're not alone in this, wolfie. My sisters have said the same thing too. You think you're all done with this stuff, and then, bam....Thanks for the laugh!
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Fri, Oct 23rd, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    good news and bad in the same time.....
    this pain is normal
    my body doesn't know i didn't ovulate, then it react as if i had my period as usual, it may last up to 5 years or so
    So, like, who ever said that pain is normal? Good news, anyway, eh?
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    So, like, who ever said that pain is normal? Good news, anyway, eh?
    Sure, after all , this is not a cancer come back....that what's i was affraid of

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ah menopause...........i went into menopause in my late 30`s and by 45 it was all over. Never had bad hot flashes or night sweats. BUT.....i also ended up with mega under-active thyroid problems. So went through menopause and thyroid problems at the same time. Has this happened to anyone? I get blood tests every 3 months for thyroid; my medication for this is getting astronomical. I think the next stage would be an operaion.

dont attribute everything to menopause especially if you are having weird symptoms. Extreme heat or extreme cold are also thryroid symptoms.
    Mia001, wolfwoman and GatineauGirl like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information