User Tag List

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Fbm: the full freezer drives me crazy but when I can get 100 air miles for 15.00 on pizza I am making room. I managed to put 6 pizzas in there. My Sobeys shopping resulted in spending 120.00 and getting 784 Air Miles. I also bought a 200.00 gift card for the 100 Air miles. Pretty pleased with the the results.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Change of plans MIL will be bringing me to sdm...win win so no dh to fill the cart with extras BUT still no big carts (lol).

So excited for tomorrow's redemption 2 at $200 and 1 at $100....so happy

Good luck to all those shopping/redemptions.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

wow that is a lot of free J and C! Have fun.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Pulled ham from freezer last night and made toasted westerns for breakfast. Youngest had a friend sleepover last night. They have already played hockey in the driveway for over an hour and have just left for the park. Kitchen is clean and potatoes peeled for tonight's dinner. Have a whole chicken defrosting. Will use up Brussels sprouts in freezer and make a small salad. Tomorrow we have hockey away all day long ( many games) so will prep food tonight when cleaning up from dinner. Will hit sdm later to maybe redeem for a camera for DS and the men's cologne sampler pack for my man.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Change of plans MIL will be bringing me to sdm...win win so no dh to fill the cart with extras BUT still no big carts (lol).

So excited for tomorrow's redemption 2 at $200 and 1 at $100....so happy

Good luck to all those shopping/redemptions.
    can't wait to hear what you redeemed for!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Lilo 003- great move on the Air Miles! Good time now that it's end of the month to look through loyalty programs and determine if they have redemptions, are worth keeping or time to let go. Ditto e-mail newsletters/alerts. It will save time in January. Also time to pull out lingering November coupons-think I took all of mine out already. @Frugalbigmama -western sandwichs-yum! Those are filling breakfasts.
    Bopping along to Steve Conte and Cowboy Bebop tunes this morning-mood elevating music. Am looking at Reitmans and Rickis websites for shirt deals right now.
    Super happy there is no frost/snow on the ground today. Was concerned there'd be slipping on my walks. Will make a batch of tea biscuits this afternoon and see about another batch of curried lentil stew.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did 2 $200.00 shopping trips at Shoppers today. I still have enough that I could do a 100.00 trip. I gave away 95 0000 points to my brother and told him to spend them today so hopefully he was able to take advantage of it. I loves that they now sell the PC line of products. I stocked up on plum sauce (this is the only one we like) butter chicken sauce & cookies. It is harder to spend 200.00 when there is no big electronics or games, but I was able to get chargers for their devices and headphones and you always need extras of these. We also buy chocolate & cookies for the grandparents as we prefer to give them consumable gifts so they are all done as is my niece & the only aunt I buy for and the stockings, I will begin to wrap as we are in Cuba three weeks from today so the clock is ticking.
    There was lots of groceries in this as well. If anyone needs the condensed milk, its 1.99 for the PC brand.
    I also bought the resolve for the MIR, will send that off today. I love this product. It’s the only thing that gets the grass stains out of Logan’s khakis.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I ventured into the Meadowlands and traffic is hectic! The former Target parking lot is being used by drivers (and pedestrians) to avoid the jam in the entrance/exit to Best Buy and Home Sense. While there are traffic lights at Martindale Crescent and Legend Ct, there's very little movement as the drivers wanting to exit onto Golf Links Rd have to wait for the light to change.

Home Sense Ancaster-most flannel sheet sets are sold out! I saw a twin size Grand Patrician white/gray set and a Queen St West snowshoes/skis set. King size Lamerinho still are available. I bought a box of Christmas cards for $5.99. Still a large assortment in the centre aisle plus another display at the maze for checkout cash registers.
    If you like cheap and cheery POLYESTER sheets, there's an endcap of $19.99 solid colour sets in medium orange, mauve, celery green, pale yellow and a blue (like you see at dusk). Twin, one full, some queen sets>better looking than the polyester sets sold by Cdn Tire or Sears.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just put another load in the wash. My oldest and his friend are.recording a song in the "studio" once known as our records room. Didn't want to bug but ma ma has to get stuff done little one and friend just ate chicken burgers pulled from freezer. Should go for a walk soon while the sun is out.
    Crochetlady, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD and I did a bonus redemption this a.m., so each enjoyed choosing our free items. Off to dinner at friends tonight and I, like FBM, should get out for a walk while the sun is still out!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Nov 28th, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I also went out for a walk while the sun was out but man was it chilly. DH and Logan have a last minute invite to a leafs game so I am going to try 1 more SDM in the hopes of finding the video the boys wanted.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm feeling super blessed that all the stars aligned during my 2x 95k and 1x 50k redemptions.

I got the camera for dh reg $249.99 on sale for $219 , I'm now all done him = 1 full redemption plus taxes

I got my mom's Poison perfume $88 + Sony earphones for ds1's stocking on sale for $10.99 reg $24.99 and a small pack of candy because I was 1 penny short (haha) = 50 k redemption + taxes

I got ds1 a xbox1 charger on sale for $29.99 reg. $34.99, a wireless remote $49.99 = he's all done AND
    2 large toblerones for Christmas, 2 packs of tp (haha), 1 pack of paper towels, nightquyle, ricola lozenges x 2, 1x Magnesium supplement for dh, 8 boxes of pc granola bars on sale for $1.99 for (6 pack), 4 glade air freshners, 2 loaves of Villagio bread, 1 large Nutella, 2x 4l of milk, and most likely a few other household items I have forgot. = 95K + taxes

So I finished ds1, dh & my mom and many household items so I'm very happy to have gotten $500 worth of stuff/gifts for just the taxes.

I wrapped dh camera, my dad's gifts, my bill's gifts and my moms.

I still have lots to wrap but many gifts were ordered online so I need to wait for them to arrive.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening & weekend and it looks like many on here got some goodies today as well at sdm, great job NOW to start re-accumulating the points for another year.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(sorry, I don't normally do this, but it's a recopy of what I put in the Chat thread - I'm just bursting HAPPY!!)

LOST CAT NEWS!!!

She's close, about a block south of here - hiding under a shed at the back of someone's house.

Our son got a call in response to our Kijiji ad - the woman said she had noticed cat tracks in her yard for the past few days, saw the cat under the shed, but couldn't get to her - she could tell it was Taffy by the photos. She has been leaving her water and food, and it's been eaten.

So Milan raced over here, picked up my husband and they went over there - but it was dark, just at suppertime, they tried all sorts of things, but no way could they coax her out from under the shed.

Milan said from what he could see she looks okay, white parts are still white, saw she had the tips of her ears - but the lady said she was really skinny. Well, Taffy is a thin cat to start with, so we'll just have to see.
    There are leaves piled up underneath the shed, so perhaps that's kept her somewhat warm...

They will go back tomorrow in the daylight and do whatever it takes to get her, trap her... whatever they come up with.

SIGH!

I'm just SO happy! I know she may not be the same, we will deal with whatever we need to!
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Nat: this is awesome, I will keep you in my thoughts until she is safe at home.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    (sorry, I don't normally do this, but it's a recopy of what I put in the Chat thread - I'm just bursting HAPPY!!)

LOST CAT NEWS!!!

She's close, about a block south of here - hiding under a shed at the back of someone's house.

Our son got a call in response to our Kijiji ad - the woman said she had noticed cat tracks in her yard for the past few days, saw the cat under the shed, but couldn't get to her - she could tell it was Taffy by the photos. She has been leaving her water and food, and it's been eaten.

So Milan raced over here, picked up my husband and they went over there - but it was dark, just at suppertime, they tried all sorts of things, but no way could they coax her out from under the shed.

Milan said from what he could see she looks okay, white parts are still white, saw she had the tips of her ears - but the lady said she was really skinny. Well, Taffy is a thin cat to start with, so we'll just have to see.
    There are leaves piled up underneath the shed, so perhaps that's kept her somewhat warm...

They will go back tomorrow in the daylight and do whatever it takes to get her, trap her... whatever they come up with.

SIGH!

I'm just SO happy! I know she may not be the same, we will deal with whatever we need to!
    I hope you get her out tomorrow!

Sent from my 785TB4 using Tapatalk

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information